Sponsored

2018 rubicon jl LED turn signal lights not working

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I had the OEM halogen driving lights and turn signals swapped out by the dealer yesterday - after two return trips to the dealer - the lights are finally working, BUT can the dealer do a code to get the dash message for "turn signal lights are out" to not come up every time you turn on the jeep? Please advise. If it can go away - what is the code or how to remove. Much appreciated.
I did a full halogen to OEM Mopar LED front end swap on my Jeep and used JSCAN. No errors since.
Sponsored

03Indigo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra Platinum, 2018 BMW M2, 2018 Ford Explorer, 2018 JLU Sport, 2020 Indian Scout
I did a full halogen to OEM Mopar LED front end swap on my Jeep and used JSCAN. No errors since.
I also have JScan and tried to reprogram the exact same, what did you turn on or off with the modules? There is so much there, just curious as to what all needs to be corrected for LED to work, drl and turn signals. Any guidance would be appreciated

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I also have JScan and tried to reprogram the exact same, what did you turn on or off with the modules? There is so much there, just curious as to what all needs to be corrected for LED to work, drl and turn signals. Any guidance would be appreciated
On my Sahara this is what worked for the fender lights:
D67EE1FE-A6B9-4321-97EA-E6F102908105.png
1AE3FD02-010E-421C-B08C-D99F48542743.png
FC7B504A-3AA3-474E-AF48-A0CEEF7AF9DA.png

03Indigo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tundra Platinum, 2018 BMW M2, 2018 Ford Explorer, 2018 JLU Sport, 2020 Indian Scout
On my Sahara this is what worked for the fender lights:
D67EE1FE-A6B9-4321-97EA-E6F102908105.png
1AE3FD02-010E-421C-B08C-D99F48542743.png
FC7B504A-3AA3-474E-AF48-A0CEEF7AF9DA.png
Thanks!!!

I have my drl working with drop off, for when the turn signal is on. I have every thing set the same as those, still shows “light out” dash warning on occasion for both sides. To note, I bought a fender and light kit for the Sport that is a Rubicon kit, but “unbranded”. The signals work fine, they are progressive/sequential signals, meaning the light kinda “travels” medial to lateral with each blink. Maybe this is the reason the error comes and goes. Might have to be something I have to live with unless I can find a resistor to put inline some how. Doesn’t seem to like sequential.

the jscan is super easy to use, just hard to know what all you need to activate to make it work. Thanks again for the screen shots!

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Thanks!!!

I have my drl working with drop off, for when the turn signal is on. I have every thing set the same as those, still shows “light out” dash warning on occasion for both sides. To note, I bought a fender and light kit for the Sport that is a Rubicon kit, but “unbranded”. The signals work fine, they are progressive/sequential signals, meaning the light kinda “travels” medial to lateral with each blink. Maybe this is the reason the error comes and goes. Might have to be something I have to live with unless I can find a resistor to put inline some how. Doesn’t seem to like sequential.

the jscan is super easy to use, just hard to know what all you need to activate to make it work. Thanks again for the screen shots!
No problem. Does kind of sound like it might have more to do with the sequential aftermarket deal. Good luck.

Sponsored

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Thanks!!!

JScan has a bunch of disables for DTC bulb out warnings. Maybe you could try that or make request to them; they seem pretty responsive.
BBC90036-EB01-40D1-91A8-5DFF6FA187CC.jpeg

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
On mine it took a few on/off cycles for it to stop throwing that bulb out warning. I guess it needs to “learn” the amp draw of the new lights. Same story with my wife’s Jeep with Morimoto sequential lights.

Gregj

MRubic

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon JL
I have a Rubicon 19 without the LED package. I bought Mopar LED DRL and the turn signals don't work after the Dealer tried 3 separate times. Frustrating!!!! I just ordered the Tazer mini and I do hope this works? If not then maybe plan C? (Quake DRL LEDS? Or??) Please make this money pit stop!!

Sponsored

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I have a Rubicon 19 without the LED package. I bought Mopar LED DRL and the turn signals don't work after the Dealer tried 3 separate times. Frustrating!!!! I just ordered the Tazer mini and I do hope this works? If not then maybe plan C? (Quake DRL LEDS? Or??) Please make this money pit stop!!
Tazer will fix it.

MRubic

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon JL
Tazer will fix it.

Update, I installed the Tazer and the LED DRL work perfectly. This site is awesome, so Thanks!

I did notice my Fog lights don't turn on? I guess I need to enable them from the Tazer.

Also, Do I keep the Tazer connected full time as I'm only using it for the DRL's at this point? I'm not sure?

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Update, I installed the Tazer and the LED DRL work perfectly. This site is awesome, so Thanks!

I did notice my Fog lights don't turn on? I guess I need to enable them from the Tazer.

Also, Do I keep the Tazer connected full time as I'm only using it for the DRL's at this point? I'm not sure?
Yes and yes.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD

Actually yes and no. Yes you need to enable them with the Tazer. No you do not need to leave it connected unless you intend to use the “Live” features of the Tazer ie the light show, turn signal cam etc.

Gregj

Edit to add I would encourage you NOT to leave it connected as it bypasses the security gateway and “could” allow a hacker to take over your Jeep! But that is “tin foil hat” level stuff.

MRubic

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon JL
Thank you for the clarification. Based on that I will remove the Tazer. Should I simply unplug it and the Jeep keep the DRL turn signals settings? Another words don’t unmarry the Tazer? Please advise?
Sponsored