Sponsored

GAIA (With Offroad Navigation) for CarPlay is finally live!

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Last edited by a moderator:

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
I took part in the beta test for Car Play. Tip: Log into Gaiagps.com and set up your maps there. They will sync to the mobile app. You can download them to your phone or tablet, too. Creating a route is best left to the desktop website. Haven't figured out a good way do make one from the app. Very easy from a computer so maybe that's a good thing.

So far, the new app has been solid! Will do some field testing in the KS Flint Hills this weekend. Should be solid!

Sponsored

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Gaia has not made any statements about it coming to Android Auto. I would hope they are working on it but it might have to do with restrictions set by google rather than Gaia just ignoring that segment of the market.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Would someone mind please sharing some screenshots of the BRMB maps? I've been waiting for CarPlay before I jumped the gun to a paid subscription, but I don't fully understand how the maps and navigation work. I tested the carplay yesterday but it creates a straight line from home to one of the hiking trails (as a test) I have previously saved (so obviously it doesn't nagivate me TO the trail...

How does it work for offroading?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Awesome!! Will be getting the premium now!

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I have it but my screen is really dark and a different color than my iPhone. The iPhone is light tan and white background. The screen is dark green with dark brown topo lines. I can’t figure out how to fix it. Ant ideas?

Kenstaroni

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Tried it yesterday and it works. It does not however seem to be full feature and you can only pan and zoom out so far. I don't see a way to drop pins or record a route or any of that stuff. Great for following a route I suppose but I'm not sure it's going to replace a separate tablet for me unless it has all the features the app does on your device.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I use the CarPlay screen for following a route and have my iPhone mounted next to it for the other stuff. I’m happy I only need my phone and not a tablet mounted now. Didn’t reduce needing the 2nd screen mounted, but I’m happy it’s a smaller device! (Phone)

Im hoping more features come to CarPlay over time.