Sponsored

Do you have a creative way to store your freedom top bag in your JL 4 door?

HellaYellaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sarhara JL
I would like to keep the bag for the freedom tops in my Jeep (you never know when the urge my hit to take them off)! I have rolled up the bag but it still takes up more room than I would prefer in the cargo area, so do you have a creative way to store it inside your JL? Is it possible to velcro it to the back of the back seats to get it off the floor? Any thoughts are appreciated!!
Sponsored

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
I would like to keep the bag for the freedom tops in my Jeep (you never know when the urge my hit to take them off)! I have rolled up the bag but it still takes up more room than I would prefer in the cargo area, so do you have a creative way to store it inside your JL? Is it possible to velcro it to the back of the back seats to get it off the floor? Any thoughts are appreciated!!
Maybe rolling it up and using bungee cord and wrap it up to the roll cage. Going to give that idea a try

OP
OP
HellaYellaChick

HellaYellaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sarhara JL
There’s a large open space under the rear seats. I’m going to try rolling mine up and storing it there.
I haven't looked under the seats yet, so I didn't realize there was a space there! Thank you for letting me know, I"ll have a look at it!

Sponsored

OP
OP
HellaYellaChick

HellaYellaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sarhara JL
In my two door I roll it up and wedge it between the soundbar and the top. I ended up having to put a strap around the roll bar to help support it and keep it in place but it's out of sight and works for me. You may be able to do this in a 4 door as well, depending on how tall your rear passengers are. The downside is that it's a bit of a pain to get up there so when I put the tops back on, the bag typically doesn't get returned to that spot. Also, when I'm running with just the freedom panels on then my bag storage is gone. I would think in a 4 door you could put it under the rear seat (just be sure to remove it if you drop the seats) or roll it and wedge it between the side of the top and the roll bar, like by the driver side window.

I was just looking at my bag the other day and thinking I could probably cut the bottom piece that makes the bag hold its form. Seems like there's a small plastic spreader bar in there that doesn't serve any real purpose. Removing that would allow me to roll the bag up even smaller.

OP
OP
HellaYellaChick

HellaYellaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sarhara JL
I looked up there, but it seems to be really narrow and with the former in the bag I don't think it will fit. If the under the seat thing doesn't work, I'll look at the top bar again. Thank you for your thoughts, certainly I am not the only person that wants a full cargo area and be able to carry the bag with me! lol

OP
OP
HellaYellaChick

HellaYellaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sarhara JL
with the tops in the bag it won't work. The only thing I've found is to lay them down in the cargo area (or stand them up if you have the 4 door or a 2 door with the back seat in place). I have no idea what Gladiator owners do. I know the knee jerk reaction is you put the bag in the bed of the truck, but there's nothing back there to hold the bag in place. The bouncing and sliding seems like it'd damage the tops even in the bag.
Thank you. I realize they will not fit up there with the tops in it, but "eyeballing" the cover it doesn't seem like it would fit with the foam "former" in the bag. Maybe it will, I will look more closely!

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Maybe a different option - I Keep the bag in the garage and only use it when I’m not taking them with me. I keep a couple harbor freight moving blankets in the Jeep and lay the panels in the cargo are (JLUR) with blankets between them and some bungees to keep them from moving around. I think the bag with the panels is a huge pain in the ass to stand up and it blocks the rear view too much for my liking. I have kid seats in he back seat so folding the seats is a no go. Not the best option but it works for me.

OP
OP
HellaYellaChick

HellaYellaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sarhara JL
Maybe a different option - I Keep the bag in the garage and only use it when I’m not taking them with me. I keep a couple harbor freight moving blankets in the Jeep and lay the panels in the cargo are (JLUR) with blankets between them and some bungees to keep them from moving around. I think the bag with the panels is a huge pain in the ass to stand up and it blocks the rear view too much for my liking. I have kid seats in he back seat so folding the seats is a no go. Not the best option but it works for me.
Thank you for your reply!! Unfortunately I do not have a garage. I suppose I could put it in the house, but I'd like to keep it with me, especially in the summer in case I want to take the tops out. I agree it is a pain, looks like there should/could be a better way!!

Sponsored

Leftwork

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JlU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So I just removed the plastic and foam “holder” at the bottom of the bag. It now folds so small it fits into the cooler under the back mat! It was held in place by 4 little plastic push pins. Literally took me 30 seconds to remove!

332E82F1-6D2B-4755-B410-41FBB4A38CF4.jpeg

A8DC1FAB-A087-49BB-B8A0-0EBB528B83A7.jpeg

OP
OP
HellaYellaChick

HellaYellaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sarhara JL
I put the pins half way back in and think I’ll just put the whole thing in the attic to store it just in case.

96097F79-4FD0-4C5B-AB86-302A280A0509.jpeg
Thanks for the info!! That is certainly worth trying out as that contraption is a bulky pain! lol
Sponsored