OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU (2.0L Turbo)
It is possible that they have reps in other states. No need for the condescending tone.

I don't think it's simple, which is why I requested a visual aid.

I requested a dyno comparison. You replied that "Peak power is great to have, but on a vehicle like this, optimization in other places within the powerband is invaluable to great results." so, I requested dyno charts not for peak power. I am not insisting anything or accusing Vaitrix of not being legitimate.

I see what's on their website, and I'm not ignoring anything. Again, this is not a simple topic for me, so nothing about it is incredibly clear.

I posted here today to try and figure out which tuner to get. At first I thought I would buy the one that performed better, but now I'm realizing the value of customer service.
You posted here today that I should buy and test a competitors product to convince you to buy ours instead. I apologize, but that's not how we do things, and I made that clear in my reply. If you ask me to compare our offering to some thing else, and don't like my answers (and defend the other offering regardless of what I say), I'm not sure how I can help.

Drivability is subjective, no steady state charts are going to display drivability improvements in a way that is discernible to user experience. I guess you'll have to wait for others to express their experiences.

One unit can read rpm directly off the engine through the mapping, and change the mapping based on this information. The mapping was also developed using this information. The other was not.

I'm not going to spend any more time talking about a competitors item. If you actually have technical questions or desire more information or data, you can contact me privately and I'll provide whatever I can.
Sponsored

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
This forum and automotive platform are going to go through some tuner growing pains. As new methods of tuning come to market!

The Jeep world and OEM forced induction are in its infancy. I am happy that some options are finally coming online.

I beg that we donā€™t start a tune battle this early into development.

Tuning for max output is fine for a street or track car but the Jeep is a different beast.

Daily drivability & off-road capability is going to require some compromise, especially with eTorque being involved!

The pro option Vaitrix is offering is pretty interesting as it creates an open architecture for people to optimize their own tunes based on environmental/mods etc.

Iā€™d like to see a video of the software/tuner! Is that available anywhere?

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
1) So far we've not noticed any noticeable decrease when driving normally. We did notice a difference when we put the larger tires on, and naturally with more power added you've got your foot down more often. But highway and city driving has maintained about what it was when stock. It's had quite a bit more driving since so on the next fill up we'll re-verify.
2) Because it's all hardware, it leaves essentially no footprint. There are a number of ways you can revert the system. Use the BT app and upload the stock map back to the unit, pull the inline fuse on the power wire (which defaults to signal bypass, making it stock) or just remove the whole thing from the car. For appearances, the first two solutions won't really work unless you've done a good job of hiding everything. But it is pretty easy to remove it from the car.
Thanks, all makes sense! If I toss on the mishimoto intercooler and the Mopar CAI how do I ensure the tunes will take advantage of these two additions? I assume there will be a slight performance boost regardless but would there be an additional tune/new mapping to really take advantage of the changes?

I'm betting the answer is doing the custom mapping, but for a novice user like me that's a bit frightening... are there any instructional videos/guides or call support that can be used?

Thanks again, this looks promising and it's leaning me towards the 2.0 over the 3.6.

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, all makes sense! If I toss on the mishimoto intercooler and the Mopar CAI how do I ensure the tunes will take advantage of these two additions? I assume there will be a slight performance boost regardless but would there be an additional tune/new mapping to really take advantage of the changes?

I'm betting the answer is doing the custom mapping, but for a novice user like me that's a bit frightening... are there any instructional videos/guides or call support that can be used?

Thanks again, this looks promising and it's leaning me towards the 2.0 over the 3.6.
Both ways will work. Because the car is wideband, it will account for changes to air flow and temperature, regardless of whether or not you're using a booster of some kind. The benefits will be amplified more with a tune of some sort when paired together. We will be making additional maps that take into account intake systems, etc once we've had a chance to dyno test and gather more data about what is going on with the system once these things are added and see where more can be made.

You can also do this through the custom mapping if you desire (this is more for tailoring something personal for a driving preference or specific application of driving, or customizing a water/meth system).

For the most part not many changes need to be made in order to take advantage of an intake system or intercooler upgrade. These items either increase performance and/or efficiency, or they do not. But there are small gains to be had with additional tuning. The only real issues that I've seen with this 2.0L engine where tuning or changes to mapping need to be paired with a specific modification in order to extract the potential is with a high-flow cat or catless downpipe, or a particular exhaust that may be sized a certain way. In these instances, you may see loss of torque down low depending on the flow and size of the piping (which is a big negative for this platform). The trade off is power up top, but it needs to be balanced for this application. So in an instance like this, additional tuning would be beneficial.

EDIT: Also, we are working on getting an instructional video up about how to use the self tuning features in the Air Force software. That will make it a bit more clear on what you can do and how to do it. There are written instructions online on our website and we have a general video, but most of it is basic essentials.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
How exactly is the piggyback using any of this CANbus information? Integration would imply that it is intercepting the CANbus information, and using the unit to somehow modify or implement the data traffic. It's been mentioned numerous times in regard to the Giulia, but I don't see anyone using it, nor putting it to actual use in anyway in regards to tuning. It's simply there for the user to look at.

RPM access? Through CANbus traffic, and not directly from the sensor. Again, paired with my question above, how is the unit actually using this RPM data traffic?

More so, the tune on the piggyback was developed prior to their being RPM access through the CANbus, and it has no other source for RPM that I know of. So how can the calibration on the unit be made based on different RPM/load/throttle axis points if it didn't have this information from the beginning?

These are all honest questions, I'm not trying to take a dig at the system.
Hi,

It is using the can bus data to gain access to sensor data that it doesn't directly intercept with the piggyback harness.

With just a piggyback harness you have access to MAP, boost, and RPM as those are what you intercept. You have those three sensor inputs to use to determine what you output to the ECU to see for those sensor inputs (I presume the cam sensor is just an input and you don't override that signal).

With Canbus you know what gear the car is in, the throttle position, ignition advance, the coolant temp, the ambient temp, the charge temp, etc, etc. This allows the tune to take much more into account in the sensor signals sent to the ECU. For example different boost curves based on charge temp which is critical.

The more input data the more precisely the output overrides can be determined for optimal performance.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi,

It is using the can bus data to gain access to sensor data that it doesn't directly intercept with the piggyback harness.

With just a piggyback harness you have access to MAP, boost, and RPM as those are what you intercept. You have those three sensor inputs to use to determine what you output to the ECU to see for those sensor inputs (I presume the cam sensor is just an input and you don't override that signal).

With Canbus you know what gear the car is in, the throttle position, ignition advance, the coolant temp, the ambient temp, the charge temp, etc, etc. This allows the tune to take much more into account in the sensor signals sent to the ECU. For example different boost curves based on charge temp which is critical.

The more input data the more precisely the output overrides can be determined for optimal performance.
I would say that is half true (which is really how it's marketed but left open to interpretation). I would like to see exactly how this unit is altering its boost mapping based on all of this CANbus data, especially since (as I said before), the maps were created before this data was intercepted.

What about those users who run with the app closed, or not connected? Or those that do not purchase the extra wiring, cables, etc?

Our mapping is made while reading throttle position, load, engine rpm, and ignition advance (the cam position sensor actually determines ignition advance, and could be manipulated to actually increase or decrease timing if we set it up to within the software). The load is dependent upon gear, so that makes knowing the gear unnecessary.

....For example different boost curves based on charge temp which is critical......
....The more input data the more precisely the output overrides can be determined for optimal performance.
What I'm gathering based on these statements, is that you're datalogging, and sending this data back so someone can make you a different map.

So what is being sold to you is a datalogger, and also a piggyback box. The term "CANbus integration" being used to describe this is, in my own opinion, highly inaccurate.

Regardless, I appreciate you answering my questions.

Last edited:

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I would say that is half true (which is really how it's marketed but left open to interpretation). I would like to see exactly how this unit is altering its boost mapping based on all of this CANbus data, especially since (as I said before), the maps were created before this data was intercepted.

What about those users who run with the app closed, or not connected? Or those that do not purchase the extra wiring, cables, etc?

Our mapping is made while reading throttle position, load, engine rpm, and ignition advance (the cam position sensor actually determines ignition advance, and could be manipulated to actually increase or decrease timing if we set it up to within the software). The load is dependent upon gear, so that makes knowing the gear unnecessary.

What I'm gathering based on these statements, is that you're datalogging, and sending this data back so someone can make you a different map.

So what is being sold to you is a datalogger, and also a piggyback box. The term "CANbus integration" being used to describe this is, in my own opinion, highly inaccurate.

Regardless, I appreciate you answering my questions.
No app needed for this functionality. The JB4 harness intercepts the MAP and BOOST sensors, like you do, as well as a link to the CANBUS ODB port. If you build a custom map it gets loaded onto the JB4 and stays persistent through power cycles, etc.

And it does use this data. For example the base maps that have higher peak boost but tapper with RPM are a good example. Custom maps with different boost targets per gear also work. Cold-start overrides while coolant temps are low are also part of the base tuning, as well as lower boost set points if charge air temps get unreasonable. All of this is only possible due to the canbus interface to get at the data.

Outrage

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2001 TJ
Is this still active? Looking for a good piggy back system and had the afe scorcher gt that I tested on the Dyno. It did not really hold up the the HP claims but did perform the torque just fine. Also had the momentum gt intake. Problem I noticed was ticking sound every now and then and was told it was detonation. Has there been any issues with this system? I would like to not have these issues.

Speedracer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JL 2.0
Is this still active? Looking for a good piggy back system and had the afe scorcher gt that I tested on the Dyno. It did not really hold up the the HP claims but did perform the torque just fine. Also had the momentum gt intake. Problem I noticed was ticking sound every now and then and was told it was detonation. Has there been any issues with this system? I would like to not have these issues.
i've had mine since March and have had no issues at all

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the delay in reply.

We have taken them down temporarily as Motor Vaitrix (our partner in Taiwan) is working on making the software more user friendly. The ball is in their court as of now so we can't offer an ETA for when the Boosters will be back up for sale. They still function great we just advertised the software and then turns out it's in the Alpha stages as of now. We (Eurocompulsion) are focused on Flash tuning as of now. Once Motor Vaitrix gives us the go-ahead on the software for the Boosters we will make them available again. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Sorry for the delay in reply.

We have taken them down temporarily as Motor Vaitrix (our partner in Taiwan) is working on making the software more user friendly. The ball is in their court as of now so we can't offer an ETA for when the Boosters will be back up for sale. They still function great we just advertised the software and then turns out it's in the Alpha stages as of now. We (Eurocompulsion) are focused on Flash tuning as of now. Once Motor Vaitrix gives us the go-ahead on the software for the Boosters we will make them available again. Sorry for any inconvenience.
any idea when Motor Vaitrix booster ecu will be available again?

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
any idea when Motor Vaitrix booster ecu will be available again?
We are still working with Motor Vaitrix on the piggybacks software interface and app. No solid ETA, but it seems to be taking quite a while. Sorry for the delays guys! We want to be sure we have the best piggyback available!

Speedracer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JL 2.0
Is anyone running this ecu booster still? Still using mine....

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
This forum and automotive platform are going to go through some tuner growing pains. As new methods of tuning come to market!

The Jeep world and OEM forced induction are in its infancy. I am happy that some options are finally coming online.

I beg that we donā€™t start a tune battle this early into development.

Tuning for max output is fine for a street or track car but the Jeep is a different beast.

Daily drivability & off-road capability is going to require some compromise, especially with eTorque being involved!

The pro option Vaitrix is offering is pretty interesting as it creates an open architecture for people to optimize their own tunes based on environmental/mods etc.

Iā€™d like to see a video of the software/tuner! Is that available anywhere?
Well said. Jeep, by nature, is not a ā€œfastā€ car (the CAN be darn quick-see 392šŸ˜³) but theyā€™re not fast. Tunes need to reflect that imho and focus on torque and low end power.
Sponsored