2018 rubicon jl LED turn signal lights not working

18rubicon2dr

First Name
simon para
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler jl rubicon, 2009 ford f150
I have a 2018 Rubicon that did not have the LED package , so I installed the LED turn signals yesterday. The DRL's work fine but when I put on the turn signal they flash one or two times and the whole light goes out, do I have to get the computer flashed to get them to work the right way. Thanks Simon
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I have a 2018 Rubicon that did not have the LED package , so I installed the LED turn signals yesterday. The DRL's work fine but when I put on the turn signal they flash one or two times and the whole light goes out, do I have to get the computer flashed to get them to work the right way. Thanks Simon
Yes, either flash or use a Tazer/similar device to enable LED mode.

fightingmajor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited Punk'n Orange
Replenish your blinker fluid. You probably let too much out when you were swapping them.

OP
OP

18rubicon2dr

First Name
simon para
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what is the blinker fluid

Sponsored

OP
OP

18rubicon2dr

First Name
simon para
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honestly blinker fluid does not exist !!! I am looking for a honest answer to solve my problem! LOL

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
honestly blinker fluid does not exist !!! I am looking for a honest answer to solve my problem! LOL
Well, the first response gave you the right answer. After that, the thread kinda just sticks around asking to be messed with.

To be more specific if you’d like, you can get any of the aftermarket programmers and do it yourself, or try to have the dealership program it. They are not exactly great at this.

OP
OP

18rubicon2dr

First Name
simon para
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I get an aftermarket programmer you thing I should be able to do it myself, the LED driving lights are working but when you put the turn signal on it blinks a couple of times and goes out. And there is a turn signal light out reading showing up on the dash.Thanks

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I’m not sure what you’re saying. If you buy a programmer, it is very easy to set the turn signals to LED’s on your own. The other option is to have the dealership do it with their system. They’re simply incompetent.

Sponsored

Isidro27

First Name
Isidro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Hi, was the oem led turn Signals a plug and play? I also have a Rubicon and don’t have the led lights options and looking to do the upgrades. Thank you for the feedback.

York-Jeep07

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
I had the OEM halogen driving lights and turn signals swapped out by the dealer yesterday - after two return trips to the dealer - the lights are finally working, BUT can the dealer do a code to get the dash message for "turn signal lights are out" to not come up every time you turn on the jeep? Please advise. If it can go away - what is the code or how to remove. Much appreciated.

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I had the OEM halogen driving lights and turn signals swapped out by the dealer yesterday - after two return trips to the dealer - the lights are finally working, BUT can the dealer do a code to get the dash message for "turn signal lights are out" to not come up every time you turn on the jeep? Please advise. If it can go away - what is the code or how to remove. Much appreciated.
I made numerous trips to dealer to correct the same problem, ended up getting a Tazer and never looked back..no error messages and no problems and was able to set my tire size to the correct 34 7/8’s.

York-Jeep07

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
I made numerous trips to dealer to correct the same problem, ended up getting a Tazer and never looked back..no error messages and no problems and was able to set my tire size to the correct 34 7/8’s.
Which Tazer? And where did you buy?