Warn EVO 10s Install notes for the 3.0

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
Installed my EVO 10s and Warn winch plate last night and wanted to pass along some information.

1) There was no issue with any of the bumper bolts as noted by some of the 3.6 and 2.0 users where the inner bumper bolts were a bear to reinstall. Mine went on just fine without any redneck engineering. Just make sure you have an 18mm deep socket for the bumper bolts.

2) 2 of the skid plate bracket bolts on the passenger side were stripped from the factory and I had to order new ones, which was frustrating as hell on a brand new $60k jeep.

3) The connection to the swaybar disconnect was barely hanging on as the clip used to secure it was not properly seated from the factory, so you may want to check this on yours.

4) The most difficult part was routing the positive and negative lines for the winch. The engine bay is extremely cramped and my poor fingers and knuckled paid the ultimate price.

@JeepCares how about some quality control here?

EDIT:

5) The addition of the winch and winch plate brought my front end down exactly .5"
Before: Ride height with 37" tires = 41.5" on stock Rubicon suspension
After: Ride height with 37" tires = 41" on stock Rubicon suspension
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gonzanc

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m heading out of town again, but here’s a pic to hold everyone over. After I install my tuffy security deck, I’ll do a post about all of the mods with more pics

7906CCBF-A058-4988-87B5-BF62A5DB5F95.jpeg

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
It
I’m heading out of town again, but here’s a pic to hold everyone over. After I install my tuffy security deck, I’ll do a post about all of the mods with more pics

7906CCBF-A058-4988-87B5-BF62A5DB5F95.jpeg
looks slightly less wide than my Zeon 10s and having put that onto my 3.6, then taken it off to put on the 3.0, with a couple broken tools in the process, it sounds like the Evo is the better choice with the mopar steel bumper lol.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Installed my EVO 10s and Warn winch plate last night and wanted to pass along some information.

1) There was no issue with any of the bumper bolts as noted by some of the 3.6 and 2.0 users where the inner bumper bolts were a bear to reinstall. Mine went on just fine without any redneck engineering. Just make sure you have an 18mm deep socket for the bumper bolts.

2) 2 of the skid plate bracket bolts on the passenger side were stripped from the factory and I had to order new ones, which was frustrating as hell on a brand new $60k jeep.

3) The connection to the swaybar disconnect was barely hanging on as the clip used to secure it was not properly seated from the factory, so you may want to check this on yours.

4) The most difficult part was routing the positive and negative lines for the winch. The engine bay is extremely cramped and my poor fingers and knuckled paid the ultimate price.

@JeepCares how about some quality control here?
Re connections being poorly seated or not seated at all, you’re not alone. I’ve spent a good 5 hours cleaning under mine and have found bs like that all over the place. Pretty amazing considering it spent a week in inspection and they selected it for even more stringent inspection than normal.

OP
OP
Gonzanc

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Re connections being poorly seated or not seated at all, you’re not alone. I’ve spent a good 5 hours cleaning under mine and have found bs like that all over the place. Pretty amazing considering it spent a week in inspection and they selected it for even more stringent inspection than normal.
It's unreal. I can understand one or two things slipping through the gaps, but fuses not being properly seated, connectors not being seated or fastened and TWO STRIPPED BOLTS FROM THE FACTORY!? It's mind boggling....probably more mind boggling that I'm still in love with it too, lol
Sponsored