First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jl
Occupation
Millwright
I am seeking to get a remote start for a manual transmission.
As anyone got one or hear of a functional remote Start for a manual jl?

I add one on my JK, but my didnā€™t know how to set up a JL.

claytonjn

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Black and Tan
Just traded in my 17 JK for a 20 JL Sport with the 7" Uconnect and Cold Weather Group. I know I can't use the Uconnect app for remote-start. I had installed Viper SmartStart on my JK with just the DSM350 SmartStart module, a dball2, and a t-harness. Does anyone know if the dball2 will work with the JLs and if there's a t-harness available? If not, what other plug-and-play solutions are there to add app-based remote start / door locks to the JLs?

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
What mazda does your wife have?
I'm looking to add remote start to my wife's 2018 CX-5 and my daughter's 2014 mazda 6.
Thx!
Sorry, just saw this. It's a 2016 CX-5. I believe the documents show this fits a CX-5 through 2018.

Sponsored

OP
OP
xtimesofgrace

xtimesofgrace

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Still Happy with it?
Iā€™ve had it installed since December 14th. So far it has been pretty good! So basically you start it by pushing the lock button 3 times. So when you get to your Jeep it is locked which is a good thing. Some times when you unlock it and get in and push the break or try to shift to drive the Jeep will cut off. This is pretty rare but it does happen. It could be a programming issue or something I donā€™t know. Another thing is that if you start it with the remote and leave the keys outside the Jeep you can still drive away with it without the key fob in the Jeep. Iā€™m pretty happy with it....especially when itā€™s cold outside and I can start it from inside the building I work at and it will have the heat running.

EDIT: So I contacted the company about the issue Iā€™m having with it cutting off and he said it is a security feature. He said you have 45 seconds after unlocking the door to get in, close the door, and push the brake. Which now that I think back...it kinda makes sense. Some times I get in and mess with my phone or something and donā€™t push the brake.

Last edited:

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve had it installed since December 14th. So far it has been pretty good! So basically you start it by pushing the lock button 3 times. So when you get to your Jeep it is locked which is a good thing. Some times when you unlock it and get in and push the break or try to shift to drive the Jeep will cut off. This is pretty rare but it does happen. It could be a programming issue or something I donā€™t know. Another thing is that if you start it with the remote and leave the keys outside the Jeep you can still drive away with it without the key fob in the Jeep. Iā€™m pretty happy with it....especially when itā€™s cold outside and I can start it from inside the building I work at and it will have the heat running.

EDIT: So I contacted the company about the issue Iā€™m having with it cutting off and he said it is a security feature. He said you have 45 seconds after unlocking the door to get in, close the door, and push the brake. Which now that I think back...it kinda makes sense. Some times I get in and mess with my phone or something and donā€™t push the brake.
Since I installed the system I am noticing that every 3 or 4 starts I have no control over the radio or climate control. The A/C button light never comes on, power on/off on climate or radio does not work.

Turn off, open door, and restart usually fixes it. Not sure if it is the remote start module or not, if it continues, I may remove it and see if it improves.

OP
OP
xtimesofgrace

xtimesofgrace

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Since I installed the system I am noticing that every 3 or 4 starts I have no control over the radio or climate control. The A/C button light never comes on, power on/off on climate or radio does not work.

Turn off, open door, and restart usually fixes it. Not sure if it is the remote start module or not, if it continues, I may remove it and see if it improves.
Have you contacted their customer support? Since I found out that there is a security feature that cuts the vehicle off 45 seconds after unlocking the door unless you press the brake I haven't had any issues at all. Their customer support got back to me pretty quick but I sent a message on amazon i did not call them.

BearcatMLA

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep 3.0L diesel granite crystal metallic
Has anyone installed an aftermarket remote start with the 3.0 diesel?

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Has anyone installed an aftermarket remote start with the 3.0 diesel?
This quote from the diesel owners manual makes me suspect that an aftermarket solution would not follow this diesel-specific process. We don't get enough cold weather to worry about this (I think), but most forum members do.

"The Remote Start system will wait for the ā€œWait To Startā€ yellow telltale to extinguish before cranking the engine. This allows time for the engine pre-heat cycle to pre-heat the cylinder air, and is normal in cold weather. Refer to ā€œWarning Lights And Messagesā€ in ā€œGetting To Know Your Instrument Panelā€ for further information. "

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
I may have bought their last one on Wednesday, because it's sold out now, but the install was very easy. I'm still blown away by the low price of $150 along with the install being so simple.
Sponsored