Sponsored

Coldwater pressure washing after trails?

CapitanBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018
Does't really work well... I have no hot water tap at the rinse station in my building. Normal coldwater pressure washing leaves white mud/dust streams and stains when car dries. (mine is black JL )... Pressure washer I use is good - Bosh 1600 psi. Is there any powerful detergent for cold power pressure washing which actually helps?
Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
You might find a lead in this video:

I haven't tried it ... but ...

I also use a cold water pressure washer after trail rides when mud, cow patties, etc. are involved. Simply try to bring it back to a semblance of "lightly soiled" instead of caked. If we're not going on a trail for a week or so, then I head out to the touch-less car wash down the street. The soap the car wash uses looks somewhat similar to what is in the video, which is why I bookmarked the video for later consideration.

Oh yes, my Jeep is white, which helps with the illusion of being clean.

OP
OP

CapitanBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah.. I got a similar foam cannon together with my Bosh pressure washer too - mine has a smaller bottle but that's OK for one Jeep. Now trying to find a detergent which works is the best with cold water :D

3Y33Wt87TpnzJec_8Cdp-HuNzhX0bD2rlnYnnOsutRWL_1OmshbMMx2iGGVLK9C_MhYe86MIbv3bQa5Mw=w2601-h1950-no.jpg

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
I use Chemical Guys wash with their foam cannon with cold water and it works great. It goes on a lot thicker than seen here but this was after a couple minute soak. Have been using foam cannons for over a decade and won’t go back. Depending on the level of soil though you are going to have to scrub. Take a microfiber mitt with you to agitate the stubborn dirt.

0D13CC9B-54B3-4762-84A6-85482A439C0F.jpeg

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I use Chemical Guys wash with their foam cannon with cold water and it works great. It goes on a lot thicker than seen here but this was after a couple minute soak. Have been using foam cannons for over a decade and won’t go back. Depending on the level of soil though you are going to have to scrub. Take a microfiber mitt with you to agitate the stubborn dirt.

0D13CC9B-54B3-4762-84A6-85482A439C0F.jpeg
Which chemical guy soap are you using? Will use mine for the first time today.

Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
yeah.. I got a similar foam cannon together with my Bosh pressure washer too - mine has a smaller bottle but that's OK for one Jeep. Now trying to find a detergent which works is the best with cold water :D

3Y33Wt87TpnzJec_8Cdp-HuNzhX0bD2rlnYnnOsutRWL_1OmshbMMx2iGGVLK9C_MhYe86MIbv3bQa5Mw=w2601-h1950-no.jpg
Curious, what are the cables for?

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
OP
OP

CapitanBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Finally broke down and tried a foam cannon. First cannon, as the Brits would say, went tits up right out of the box. Amazon took it back with no hesitation, so I ordered the one in the above video at half the price of the first one. The MATCC foam cannon worked well.

Power washed the thick crud off the Jeep first. Then poured 900 ml of water and 100ml of Mequiar's soap into the canister, played with the controls, and used up the full 1000ml while circling the Jeep 1+ times. Put extra foam in the difficult to wash areas - the front/rear ends and on the wheels. JK Gear & Gadgets filled the canister with 100% soap, where I used the instructions from the first cannon and used a 10% solution of soap. Didn't achieve a whipped cream layer of foam ... mine looked more like @TXRubicon 's picture above. However, the results were quite good. When the Jeep was toweled dry, the towels stayed clean! Took one hour to complete ... set up the power washer, wash the crud off the Jeep, spray the Jeep with foam, let it soak, rinse the Jeep down, put the equipment away, help the missus finish drying the exterior, and then cleaning the interior. Cheated a little on the time 'cuz while I put the equipment away, the missus wiped the Jeep dry ... then we both cleaned the interior. That's less time than I spend hosing the crud off beforehand, drive to-and-from and using the local car wash.

I'm sold ...

Oh yes, a side question: Remember the "Whipped Cream" album cover for Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass? Did that come to mind while you were covering your Jeep with foam?
Whipped Cream.jpg

Last edited:

Jaddie

First Name
Jaddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Odyssey
Meguiar's Hyper Wash, Chemical Guys' Honeydew Snow Foam, Optimum Car Wash, and BLACKFIRE Car Wash are all excellent in a foam cannon.

The foam cannon is fun, but you can skip it with a cold-water rinse if you want to save time. The purpose of the foam is to give you a head start on breaking the dirt loose from the clearcoat.

I have three foam cannons and have been foaming since December of 2011. I know nothing about Jeeps, other than I want one, but I know a good bit about detailing.

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Finally broke down and tried a foam cannon. First cannon, as the Brits would say, went tits up right out of the box. Amazon took it back with no hesitation, so I ordered the one in the above video at half the price of the first one. The MATCC foam cannon worked well.

Power washed the thick crud off the Jeep first. Then poured 900 ml of water and 100ml of Mequiar's soap into the canister, played with the controls, and used up the full 1000ml while circling the Jeep 1+ times. Put extra foam in the difficult to wash areas - the front/rear ends and on the wheels. JK Gear & Gadgets filled the canister with 100% soap, where I used the instructions from the first cannon and used a 10% solution of soap. Didn't achieve a whipped cream layer of foam ... mine looked more like @TXRubicon 's picture above. However, the results were quite good. When the Jeep was toweled dry, the towels stayed clean! Took one hour to complete ... set up the power washer, wash the crud off the Jeep, spray the Jeep with foam, let it soak, put the equipment away, help the missus finish drying the exterior, and then cleaning the interior. Cheated a little on the time 'cuz while I put the equipment away, the missus wiped the Jeep dry ... then we both cleaned the interior. That's less time than I spend hosing the crud off beforehand, drive to-and-from and using the local car wash.

I'm sold ...

Oh yes, a side question: Remember the "Whipped Cream" album cover for Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass? Did that come to mind while you were covering your Jeep with foam?
Whipped Cream.jpg
So I’m not the only one old enough to remember that album

Lorris007

First Name
Lorris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
There is no detergent that would change the situation very much if the there is no enought pressure from the machi. I suggest you not playing with the chemicals and buy a stronger pressure washer. Sell your`s may be someone would buy it. Better read this to choose a good one www.propressurewasher.com

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase

Lorris007

First Name
Lorris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Hi there. You can actually find this information easily on the internet, you just have to search for it. By the way, I am using the cleaning services like this one leedswindowcleaningservices pretty often, and I can say that these guys are doing their job very well. I don't know what detergent are they using, but it's very efficient. Thanks to this thing, everything that they are cleaning is looking like new. I have ordered their services several times and I was always satisfied with their job.

Last edited: