Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
THANK YOU Mark!!!! I love mine! I arrived today! :rock: :clap: :fist bump: EXCELLENT work!

KcLT44Vl.jpg
fVwJaOOl.jpg
Thank you Tai, I am glad it finally got to you

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you Tai, I am glad it finally got to you
FYI! Thank you for informing me that I have it inserted upside down. However, It is still functional this way for me, as I actually have a manual key for my fob. I do not have the technology package and when I insert the fob in the holster "upside down", when I remove the fob, the holster presses the key fob button and my key pops out as soon as I remove it from the holster. If I insert it the correct way (the way in which you designed the fob to sit) the button will not be depressed and after removing it from the holster, I have to press the button.

I'm explaining here, just in case anyone else needs to press a button on their fob to open their doors. Having the fob inserted upside down actually works brilliantly as there is no need to depress the button to access the key! THANK YOU!

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
FYI! Thank you for informing me that I have it inserted upside down. However, It is still functional this way for me, as I actually have a manual key for my fob. I do not have the technology package and when I insert the fob in the holster "upside down", when I remove the fob, the holster presses the key fob button and my key pops out as soon as I remove it from the holster. If I insert it the correct way (the way in which you designed the fob to sit) the button will not be depressed and after removing it from the holster, I have to press the button.

I'm explaining here, just in case anyone else needs to press a button on their fob to open their doors. Having the fob inserted upside down actually works brilliantly as there is no need to depress the button to access the key! THANK YOU!
Sorry Tai, I did not realize that you had the manual key only. I am glad that it works well for you

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
New offering to coordinate with your FOB holster. Not the most exciting thing, but if you have to keep hand sanitizer readily available you might as well keep in in something cool that will last and be handy.
These are made in the spirit of the leather FOB holster but are larger for a 2 oz. bottle (included and additional bottles available via Amazon), they also keep the bottle upright (unlike most hand sanitizer cases on the market right now).
These really are sweet and guaranteed to get compliments. Plus when all of the COVID crap is behind us, you can use it as a 2 oz. hip flask.
Available in flat carabiner style clip or belt clip in black leather/red thread or black thread, brown leather with chestnut thread or tan with natural thread at www.gibsonleatherworks.com

Hand San Group (2).jpg

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I was playing around with some dyeing techniques for a order of cigar cases for a local shop. Pretty unique technique and outcome .. everyone is different. Thought they might look cool on some JL/JT FOB holsters as well .. Thoughts?

JL_JT Marble dyed (2).jpg

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I was playing around with some dyeing techniques for a order of cigar cases for a local shop. Pretty unique technique and outcome .. everyone is different. Thought they might look cool on some JL/JT FOB holsters as well .. Thoughts?

Jeep Wrangler JL JL FOB Holsters JL_JT Marble dyed (2)
Would be nice as a flask holster!

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I built a few up and played with some colors. I will likely be offering these as another color option. They do take a little longer but offer some pretty cool effects. No two would be alike

JL JT FOB Marble (2).jpg

Sponsored

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
I got my package from Mark today :)

I ordered two clipless key fob cases with the button window and a phone holster for the driver side, all in black leather with red stitching to match the interior of my Rubi.

Shipping from California to Ontario Canada took about 10 days in total, but only because the package spent 4 of those 10 days in Canadian Customs......yes Canada Customs is working extra slow these days! While shipping to Canada wasn't free like it is for US residents, the additional shipping charge was quite a bit less than I thought it was going to be, so if there are any other Canadians who are thinking about ordering something, don't worry, Mark is very reasonable with his shipping. Just send him a PM or email him and let him know what you're interested in purchasing and he'll let you know what it's going to cost.

As for the key fob cases and phone holster, first off, the packaging was very nicely done with each item in its own bag. The quality, craftsmanship, and attention to detail on the key fob cases and phone holster is outstanding. The leather is thick and perfect with not a mark or defect to be found anywhere, and there isn't a single loose hair on any of the stitching. The key fob holders are a nice snug fit and the window opening for the buttons is cut perfectly. I didn't get around to mounting the phone holster yet as I had some work to finish up this afternoon, so I'll get that taken care of in the next day or two, but I did test fit my phone (OnePlus 6 with carbon case inside an Encased belt clip holster) and it fit perfectly.

Thanks again Mark!

IMG_20200902_183157.jpg

IMG_20200902_183337.jpg

IMG_20200902_183825.jpg

IMG_20200902_184105.jpg

IMG_20200902_184129.jpg

IMG_20200902_184233.jpg

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
Here's a few more pics of the Phone Holster installed.

The most difficult part of the install was popping of the plastic button covering the 10mm bolt and not scratching up the plastic on the console.

My phone fits great, and there's no need to remove it from the Encased Belt Clip case.

IMG_20200903_200937.jpg

IMG_20200903_201130.jpg

IMG_20200903_201301.jpg

IMG_20200903_223606.jpg

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I built a few up and played with some colors. I will likely be offering these as another color option. They do take a little longer but offer some pretty cool effects. No two would be alike

Jeep Wrangler JL JL FOB Holsters IMG_20200903_223606
OMGOODNESS...the green and black one!!! MARK!

dmc1068

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys 4dr JL and 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2dr JL
I ordered one. Was expecting a soft leather case with a clip as I don’t like carrying the fob in my pocket and don’t like a bunch of key rings or key chains. I’ve seen and had some leather fob cases before. I was really impressed with the quality craftsmanship. These fob holsters are awesome. I’ll be buying another for my wife’s JL.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I ordered one. Was expecting a soft leather case with a clip as I don’t like carrying the fob in my pocket and don’t like a bunch of key rings or key chains. I’ve seen and had some leather fob cases before. I was really impressed with the quality craftsmanship. These fob holsters are awesome. I’ll be buying another for my wife’s JL.
Thank you Dennis, I appreciate your comment and your business. These are different than most other leather fob cases as these are hard molded to the fob (similar to a high quality leather gun holster) using the best quality and fairly thick veg tanned leather
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.