Sponsored

2020 JL Rubicon MC Game Changer 2.5" lift (Advice please)

hukaris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Hi All,

I'm new to the Jeep community and brought a new Jeep recently. I'm seeking some advice on modifications having in mind on weekend trips and daily driver.

I'm thinking of going with the GC 2.5" lift with rock sports shocks. Also thinking about 35"x11.5x17 size tires. Any advice on the tires and the lift kit? or suggestions?

I don't want to compromise daily driving too.

Highly appreciate any feedback.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Lots of info here. I love my MC lift and think it drives better than stock. If you get bigger tires, be prepared to get beefier steering bits.

I know it's not the common recommendation, but I would highly recommend keeping the Jeep stock for a while and getting to know it. Once you find things you don't like you can spend money later. I went and drove up mountains with mine stock. You will be pleased with it's abilities right off the showroom floor. IMHO

OP
OP

hukaris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Krondor with the valuable information. I would definitely do few trips with stock and getting to know. What sort of tires you went with? is 35"x11.5 is a good size? and what brand and model is the most suitable for all terrain?

bloodwar

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU // 2018 JL 2Door
Lots of info here. I love my MC lift and think it drives better than stock. If you get bigger tires, be prepared to get beefier steering bits.

I know it's not the common recommendation, but I would highly recommend keeping the Jeep stock for a while and getting to know it. Once you find things you don't like you can spend money later. I went and drove up mountains with mine stock. You will be pleased with it's abilities right off the showroom floor. IMHO
I agree with this as well, go stock for a bit and get to know it, you may find you don't need what you think you do for your driving habits. Having said that I had a 3.5 GC and 35's on my JKU and it performed exceptionally well.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
what are your expectations for off-road? The Game changer is a great lift, but if you are not planning to get into some more technical wheelin it might be a lot more lift than you would ever need. Not necessarily a bad thing but it is a lot of money.

Sponsored

OP
OP

hukaris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My expectations are overlander trips and weekend drives to 4wd trails. I live in Washington state and there's lot of tracks here and planing to explore them.

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You could always go in increments. You could get the 35s and put them on without a lift. They will clear on a Rubicon. Then if you decide you need more clearance add the lift.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
the game changer will definitely accomplish that. Also you can run 37's if you want. It is a slippery slope though because then you will want to regear,

OP
OP

hukaris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will the 35's facilitate stock rubicon? I thought it would rub and touch the guards.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I had 35's on mine with 1.5" wheel spacers and had no rubbing at all. At full flex there would be rubbing but I never ran into any conditions at the time offroad that allowed for full flex.

Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Hukaris. I am also in WA and have a JLR. Like you, I wanted 35”s and chose Nitto Ridge Grapplers, on Mopar slotted wheels. I’ve eyed a few lifts and thought the MC GC 2.5 was the right one. But lately I’ve been eyeing the Synergy Stage 1 lift, supplemented with their steering stabilizer and control arms. I’ve read that it is a true 2 inch lift, whereas the metal cloak is a bit taller. Any higher than 2” and the 35’s look small, and you might need to upgrade the driveshaft.

Mine is a daily driver with goals of doing some moderate trails.

21009A72-422C-447A-B14C-716815636CFF.jpeg

OP
OP

hukaris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had 35's on mine with 1.5" wheel spacers and had no rubbing at all. At full flex there would be rubbing but I never ran into any conditions at the time offroad that allowed for full flex.
Thanks so much

OP
OP

hukaris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Hukaris. I am also in WA and have a JLR. Like you, I upgraded to 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers, on Mopar slotted wheels. I’ve eyed a few lifts and thought the MC GC 2.5 was the right one. But lately I’ve been eyeing the Synergy Stage 1 lift, supplemented with their steering stabilizer and control arms. I’ve read that it is a true 2 inch lift, whereas the metal cloak is a bit taller. Any higher than 2” and the 35’s look small, and you might need to upgrade the driveshaft.

Awesome looking jeep you have there. I will lookinto synergy stage 1 lift too.

dlporter

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hi Hukaris. I am also in WA and have a JLR. Like you, I wanted 35”s and chose Nitto Ridge Grapplers, on Mopar slotted wheels. I’ve eyed a few lifts and thought the MC GC 2.5 was the right one. But lately I’ve been eyeing the Synergy Stage 1 lift, supplemented with their steering stabilizer and control arms. I’ve read that it is a true 2 inch lift, whereas the metal cloak is a bit taller. Any higher than 2” and the 35’s look small, and you might need to upgrade the driveshaft.

hey, I’m also in Washington. I had a MC lift on my old JK and it was a great lift. Tons of flex and it drove great on road. I agree with Hudson above. 35s will look small on a rubicon with 2.5 inches of lift. Here’s my rubicon with a 2.5 inch teraflex lift and 37 inch Nitto ridge grapplers for reference.

95FE52EA-7D97-499A-8E0E-805CBFB9AA63.jpeg

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
hey, I’m also in Washington.
if you both are in Western WA, we should think about a get together near a fun trail.
Sponsored