Xg cargo gamma bags

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I just finished installing the Rhino rack with the maximus-3 mounting brackets. I'm also using the Dominion Hi-lift jack mount so I drilled into the maximus-3 brackets to tie the two brackets together as well as to allow a bolt to pass through for mounting the jack. I did have to shorten my jack by a bit to allow it to fit but still works fine.

The last thing I did was to add the Xg Cargo bags. It all fits together great except for the top straps which I had to squeeze under the maximus-3 bracket...I got it to work but wasn't easy and won't be easy to remove... I need to think up away to either extend the strap or add a new strap to allow it to strap on better. If any has any ideas or done this I would appreciate the input.
Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have pictures of the straps to get an idea?

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have pictures of the straps to get an idea?
I'll take a few more pics tomorrow but these should give you an idea. The straps I'm talking about are passing through a slit in the maximus-3 bracket just to the top of the Dominion bracket. The buckle has to be forced through the slit and is barely long enough to clip. Also the dominion bracket forces the strap higher so the total length of the strap is barely long enough and under a good amount of strain.

49531637963_bca36f0f78_h.jpg

49532142551_9b8c631b60_h.jpg

49532142611_6249e2a3d3_h.jpg

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
It looks good as is. I know it is a pain the ass to remove the in its current configuration, but how often do you think you will remove it or want to? The only ideas that come to mind is rigging a velcro strap through the eyelets of the buckles which would help with feeding it through the maximus 3 mount, or an adjustable strap with a male and female buckles. That way you can utilize the buckles and can just loosen the strap or remove the nylon strap from the buckles.

thewristfund

First Name
Alastor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
My install, I couldn't get the top straps to work with my Maximus 3 brackets so I used my own straps.

IMG_20200220_081751.jpg

IMG_20200220_081743.jpg

IMG_20200220_081753.jpg

IMG_20200220_081746.jpg

Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
I think I would try to use some sturdy velcro straps or something of that nature. The first thing that came to mind since I have a few spare factor 55 ones laying around. But you're right, there isn't much room to work in regards to the buckles.

thewristfund

First Name
Alastor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
I think I would try to use some sturdy velcro straps or something of that nature. The first thing that came to mind since I have a few spare factor 55 ones laying around. But you're right, there isn't much room to work in regards to the buckles.
That's what you're seeing in my photos, 2" self wrapping Velcro, works perfectly.

IMG_20200220_081753.jpg

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks good as is. I know it is a pain the ass to remove the in its current configuration, but how often do you think you will remove it or want to? The only ideas that come to mind is rigging a velcro strap through the eyelets of the buckles which would help with feeding it through the maximus 3 mount, or an adjustable strap with a male and female buckles. That way you can utilize the buckles and can just loosen the strap or remove the nylon strap from the buckles.
I've had my car broken into once already at my gym...luckily I had nothing in the car. So I would just like to keep the option to take them off easily so I can remove the eye candy when necessary.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My install, I couldn't get the top straps to work with my Maximus 3 brackets so I used my own straps.

IMG_20200220_081751.jpg

IMG_20200220_081743.jpg

IMG_20200220_081753.jpg

IMG_20200220_081746.jpg

I like your fix but was wondering. Do the bags shift/rattle, when loaded, since the strap is only holding the support bar down but not the bag?

I was also thinking of removing the top buckles and replacing them with a paracord loop and using a velcro strap through the loops to hold the bags down. I'm thinking that should be strong enough and would easily feed through the bracket. I did think about extending the straps but that still requires you to feed a buckle under the bracket ...

thewristfund

First Name
Alastor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
I like your fix but was wondering. Do the bags shift/rattle, when loaded, since the strap is only holding the support bar down but not the bag?

I was also thinking of removing the top buckles and replacing them with a paracord loop and using a velcro strap through the loops to hold the bags down. I'm thinking that should be strong enough and would easily feed through the bracket. I did think about extending the straps but that still requires you to feed a buckle under the bracket ...
Nope. I Drive city and highway with a 50 mile commute everyday, of course I've only had the bags for two days but no noise. The bags are strapped to the l shaped bar with long velcro closures, no movement. I have an air pump, tire repair kit, recovery straps, and all odds and ends loaded up in them both.

You have plenty of room for your our strap above the bracket, but if you want to put an extension on the supplied strap I'm sure you could make it work.

Sponsored

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope. I Drive city and highway with a 50 mile commute everyday, of course I've only had the bags for two days but no noise. The bags are strapped to the l shaped bar with long velcro closures, no movement. I have an air pump, tire repair kit, recovery straps, and all odds and ends loaded up in them both.

You have plenty of room for your our strap above the bracket, but if you want to put an extension on the supplied strap I'm sure you could make it work.
Sounds great! What are the straps you used? They look nice and soft for wrapping around the roll bar.

thewristfund

First Name
Alastor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my car broken into once already at my gym...luckily I had nothing in the car. So I would just like to keep the option to take them off easily so I can remove the eye candy when necessary.
these come off very easily, the bar is left on,
Sounds great! What are the straps you used? They look nice and soft for wrapping around the roll bar.

Counting Mars Fastening Tape Cable Tie Double-Sided, Self Gripping Multi-Purpose Hook and Loop Tape, Reusable, 2" x 8 Meter Roll - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R4Z4RTV/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_5HVtEbH0CYS2R

Screenshot_20200220-162241.png

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear. Worst feeling in the world. I have had that happen to me twice in my life. Once as a teen parked at front at home. Apparently I was one of many that night from a theft ring passing through. The other while I was deployed over seas. That feeling of having your stuff gone through by a stranger and taking things you work hard for.

itstotalbacon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Any idea if these bags allow a soft top to be raised and lowered? How's driving topless with these .. any issues?
Sponsored