First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Pharma R&D
For those of you that switch back and forth between soft and hard tops by season, when do you usually switch to the soft top? I usually get antsy and switch them in April. I’m really itching to switch them soon, April seems so far away.
Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
For those of you that switch back and forth between soft and hard tops by season, when do you usually switch to the soft top? I usually get antsy and switch them in April. I’m really itching to switch them soon, April seems so far away.
We switch my wife's JLUS in early April, and put the hard top back on early November-ish. Who knows, with the wacky winter we've had this year, we might switch it in March if the temps keep trending like this!

OP
OP
Mangoman

Mangoman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Pharma R&D
That’s why I’ve been thinking of switching early. This winter was really mild.

Iwantfullauto

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I installed a trek top on mine today. It was earlier in the year then what I plan on doing in the future, but I just purchased the top and was wanting to get it done.

James

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
You all are making me jealous. Snowed 4" last night and more tomorrow. We have been getting snow and below freezing highs weekly since the first of the Feb. March and April are Colorado's snowiest months so the thought of Spring being close hasn't entered anyone's mind around here. That said, there are these random 50-60 degree sunny days occasionally so I run with bestop sunrider for hardtop to easily get a taste of better weather when I can.

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Spring?!? it's summer already. Been mid to upper 80's all week.

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
-8 this morning in Wyoming! Our spring/summer won’t probably start till sometime in early June or so.

C401ED3B-B10E-4D66-9832-5DE956362497.jpeg

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! Soft top all year round and while it's cold once again, it was 80 on Monday. Looking forward to some naked days again.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Mick, Thank You for your service sir! Great picture!!

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I have Sky One now but when I had duel tops it was the first nice Sunday in April for the soft top and the first nice Sunday in October for the hard top. 6 months each.
A nice day was important because I’d get up around 5 AM wash it, dry it, clean the interior, clean the glass, remove the top then give it a nice coat of wax so I could even hit the rails that the hard top sits on.
Grueling day though, I’d finish in the afternoon and be frickin exhausted hence why I have Sky One now.

OP
OP
Mangoman

Mangoman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Pharma R&D
I have Sky One now but when I had duel tops it was the first nice Sunday in April for the soft top and the first nice Sunday in October for the hard top. 6 months each.
A nice day was important because I’d get up around 5 AM wash it, dry it, clean the interior, clean the glass, remove the top then give it a nice coat of wax so I could even hit the rails that the hard top sits on.
Grueling day though, I’d finish in the afternoon and be frickin exhausted hence why I have Sky One now.
That does sound like an exhausting day. Lol. It’s good to have pride of ownership though.

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
When I had my JK I waited until the end of April or early May, Southwestern Ontario is always good for an ice storm in the middle of April and I didn't want to risk damaging the windows LOL.
Sponsored