Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Thanks for the insight. I thought you could not use the Jeep Rubicon locker switches on the Dynatracs.

Mine are wired to the 3 and 4 accessory switches. Not the factory locker switches.
Sponsored

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
OK, now I see. You just ran the black and white wires from the locker directly to the positive on the acc switchs and black to ground.

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
OK, now I see. You just ran the black and white wires from the locker directly to the positive on the acc switchs and black to ground.
Correct. Gives you full access to the lockers however you want them. I sold my axles and they didn't want the stock switches. Even having the stock switches left over I doubt I'll undo it now to try and make them work.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Correct. Gives you full access to the lockers however you want them. I sold my axles and they didn't want the stock switches. Even having the stock switches left over I doubt I'll undo it now to try and make them work.
Thanks for the help.

Sponsored

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Pics of steering and what gear ratio you go with? Install straight forward
very simple install... I went with 5.38’s so much better with the 40’s

46BBB5DA-2005-4FA3-B628-D4FFDB0BAF16.jpeg

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Looks great! How are you controlling the lockers? I'm looking into D60/D80 upgrades and it seems like no one is able to use the OEM switch.
Yeah the can bus will certainly not let that happen, it’s also only a 2 wire on the UD60’s. I had them on 2 aux buttons then I ordered another switch setup to move them up and easily reached.. plus my wife would accidentally hit one when we would be driving

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Yeah the can bus will certainly not let that happen, it’s also only a 2 wire on the UD60’s. I had them on 2 aux buttons then I ordered another switch setup to move them up and easily reached.. plus my wife would accidentally hit one when we would be driving
Makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

Sponsored

Pbjeep

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ Tj jk six in all
So the ud60 with the elocker harness from mopar will not allow factory locker switch to work. I thought that was the whole point in converting 2 pin to 4 pin. Or visa versa. That sucks

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.... for all of the info... I am at the point of finally pulling the trigger on a real lift and some axles.... I thought there would have been more input of different directions people have went.... but it seems that all have went one direction...

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Thanks.... for all of the info... I am at the point of finally pulling the trigger on a real lift and some axles.... I thought there would have been more input of different directions people have went.... but it seems that all have went one direction...
You're welcome to ask any questions you have. I'd do my best to help you make good decisions. :)

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Things are just a lot more involved since my CJ/TJ days... Like you I don't feel like building from scratch and looking for bolt on equipment..... not my usual style but with work and getting older I am starting to look at time differently than most.... I appreciate the information in this post and have read and reread most all of it. just trying to put together a comprehensive list of what I will need..... long ago it wouldn't bother me to break down on the trail when running new and different things trying them out.... now.... Nah save that for someone else until I retire which might be sooner than I think... I will keep you in mind hoping to do this sooner than later...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.