Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon Mojito
Vehicle Showcase
I'm under the impression that you only get one badge per trail. Now if i log into a trail, a second time, can i receive another badge if I request it under a different VIN number from another jeep?
Yes and Yes
Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
I'm under the impression that you only get one badge per trail. Now if i log into a trail, a second time, can i receive another badge if I request it under a different VIN number from another jeep?
Yes only one badge per trail. I tried that with three of my Jeeps and they did not send me a 2nd or 3rd badge. The VIN number only verifies you have a Jeep, they have your other info which is the same. Have your wife do her own registration and see if that works with a different VIN number

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Take the metal tag and put a dog tag chain through them and hang them from your rear view mirror. At least till you decide.
These are all great ideas but I like this one the most. only thing is in NY they'll try to whack you for "obstruction of view" for anything hanging from the rear view mirror. If/when I do start collecting them, I'll probably do this or Paracord, and loop it over my grab handle or gear shift, then hang it from the rear view for display when I go to meet ups.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
OK... I gave in. Stuck the old ones I had onto the new Rubi. Gotta go re-earn a few.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Your Badges of Honor On Your Rig IMG_20200116_190617
Honestly, I love the weathered badges. Anyone would know you moved em over, and it leads credence to you as an operator and adventurer.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Honestly, I love the weathered badges. Anyone would know you moved em over, and it leads credence to you as an operator and adventurer.
I'm not sure I follow you. I've moved mine three times and I don't know how anyone could know I did that. They were a PIA to get off then I had to remove the old adhesive. I used the HD Gorilla Tape HD double sided tape, affixed it to the back of each badge then trimmed it to size with an Exacto blade. Very time consuming. They don't look weathered at all and my Jeeps get plenty of use on the trails (100 nights and 4000+ off road miles average per year). I do wax them several times a year when was the Jeep with carnuba wax so maybe that's why the look almost new.

As for credence as an operator and adventurer, my adventures with Jeep Expeditions (dozens of 800+ mile overland trips since 2007) (https://www.jeepexpeditions.org/TripSchedule.php) and the fact that I've done all 49 Badge of Honor Trails gives me as much credence as an operator and adventurer as the "next" guy ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Your Badges of Honor On Your Rig 20200125_125812

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Your Badges of Honor On Your Rig 20200125_112843
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Your Badges of Honor On Your Rig BOH Profile

Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure I follow you. I've moved mine three times and I don't know how anyone could know I did that. They were a PIA to get off then I had to remove the old adhesive. I used the HD Gorilla Tape HD double sided tape, affixed it to the back of each badge then trimmed it to size with an Exacto blade. Very time consuming. They don't look weathered at all and my Jeeps get plenty of use on the trails (100 nights and 4000+ off road miles average per year). I do wax them several times a year when was the Jeep with carnuba wax so maybe that's why the look almost new.

As for credence as an operator and adventurer, my adventures with Jeep Expeditions (dozens of 800+ mile overland trips since 2007) (https://www.jeepexpeditions.org/TripSchedule.php) and the fact that I've done all 49 Badge of Honor Trails gives me as much credence as an operator and adventurer as the "next" guy ;)

Could be the sun. Looks like they're faded in the upper left of some of the badges. My bad :)

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nope, all my badges are clear and shiny. Like I said I think it's because they are waxed with carnuba wax several times a year which I'm sure protects them.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, all my badges are clear and shiny. Like I said I think it's because they are waxed with carnuba wax several times a year which I'm sure protects them.
Yep, mine on the JK have always had a coat of Turtle Wax Ice on them whenever I wax the Jeep. They look new.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Wow, that Jeep wins the badge award, for sure! I've seen a lot on a Jeep, but never that many! Looks like as many badges as on a dictators military dress uniform! Lol! The difference is that your Jeep actually earned them!

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wow, that Jeep wins the badge award, for sure! I've seen a lot on a Jeep, but never that many! Looks like as many badges as on a dictators military dress uniform! Lol! The difference is that your Jeep actually earned them!
Yeah, I thought I'd throw up a screen print of my profile with Jeep because there have been a few people that thought the only way to get all 49 was to buy them on Ebay. I'm retired, nothing better than to go Jeeping 100 days a year or so. I set up a route that hit so many Badge of Honor trails each summer and just hit the trails. The final year was 2018 when I got the last 6 they added. Now I'm patiently waiting until they add more trails so I can hit the road again. Actually 6 of my Jeeps did the trails, I'm the one that earned them. My Rubicon, as well built as it is could not have made it on a few of the trails. Pritchett Canyon in Moab to name one of them.
Sponsored