First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Today I did the jeep wave.....I waved goodbye to my 2018 Sahara. After fighting with FCA since last March (11 months) about crappy steering and after multiple steering boxes, dampeners, track bars, alignment, tire pressures and whatever else we could suggest, it was time to stick a knife in it and call it done.

For those who said, I could never fight FCA and win, and they have more money than me and they will string it out until I gave up........you were dead wrong !

I was very sad since other than the Walmart shopping cart syndrome it was a great, great vehicle. I enjoyed it so much after much test driving and shopping I picked up a 2020 Rubicon. Minimal out of pocket cost but an upgraded jeep and 2 model years newer with zero miles. All the modifications (mostly cosmetic) easily transferred over to the new one. And I can now change my avatar from the infamous shopping cart to a real vehicle and do a new jeep wave from the seat of a firecracker red JLUR

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Today I did the jeep wave.....I waved goodbye to my 2018 Sahara. After fighting with FCA since last March (11 months) about crappy steering and after multiple steering boxes, dampeners, track bars, alignment, tire pressures and whatever else we could suggest, it was time to stick a knife in it and call it done.

For those who said, I could never fight FCA and win, and they have more money than me and they will string it out until I gave up........you were dead wrong !

I was very sad since other than the Walmart shopping cart syndrome it was a great, great vehicle. I enjoyed it so much after much test driving and shopping I picked up a 2020 Rubicon. Minimal out of pocket cost but an upgraded jeep and 2 model years newer with zero miles. All the modifications (mostly cosmetic) easily transferred over to the new one. And I can now change my avatar from the infamous shopping cart to a real vehicle and do a new jeep wave from the seat of a firecracker red JLUR
No pics. It never happened

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Top down with the rear deck enclosure. It goes all the way down and locks and hides the hole

20200218_093720.jpg

20200218_093730.jpg
You know I've heard people say that you can't lock the soft top in the down position with the Tuffy enclosure. So I was not expecting it to be able to be locked down when I dropped my roof for the first time with the Tuffy. To my surprise I've been able to lock it every time I dropped it.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Explain ?
What he means is, if you don’t post a picture, you can’t prove it really happened. He’s just asking for a pic of the new Jeep. Let’s see those pics. ;)

Reactions: RTJ

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Explain ?
It's a joke. Actually I posted a smiley but apparently didn't do it correctly. Just wanted to see the new Jeep :)

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Added a winch manual disconnect on a custom mount I made from a Simpson Strong Tie I had laying around. Also painted my rear tow hook as phase 1 of Project "remove all exterior red accents".

IMG_5132.jpg

InkedIMG_5133_LI.jpg
I see that Dash-7 in your picture nice! Do you happen to fly for the Army?

Canuck714

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon, 2014 Roush Raptor, 2020 JLU Willy's
Vehicle Showcase
Replaced the front bumper on my wife's 2020 Willy's... It was a week old when Bambi tried to beat her across the road!!
Buddy had a NIB XRC that I got for $200.
Wasn't the bumper I planned to run, but the price was right!
JP.jpg

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Car wash and vacuum, much needed cleaning...then bought more parts.

Mishimoto intercooler pipe
GFB DV+
Front Steel Bumper with skid plate
Warn winch guard and warn winch plate
Rear Steel Bumper
Rubicon shocks and springs 61/62 90/91

I just have to stop by the dealership and get the longer LCAs from the Mopar 2" Lift Kit then a good ol' weekend of installation. Still on the fence about installing the rear steel bumper though...bought it as part of the set. Might consider selling it, we'll see.

upload_2020-2-19_15-18-20.png