First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I am installing the S&B air intake CEL fix & was instructed to disconnect the 12V battery & eTorque battery. Where is the eTorque battery located & how do I disconnect it? I saw on the 3.6L they have the ESS battery underneath the Auxillary battery & the Aux battery had posts on it for both, so you can disconnect both at the Aux. Is the 2.0T w/ESS & eTorque the same? I’m assuming that they aren’t.
Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You do not need to disconnect that battery. Just do the 12v one you can see. After completing the part swap reconnect the battery and if the CEL is still there, clear it with the programmer of your choice.

If they are asking people to mess with that big battery there is some serious concerns they should be considering. Playing with a 12v battery is one thing and still requires caution. Playing with a 48v multiple KWH battery is another <— scary shit can happen fast.

OP
OP
WhyUMad

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You do not need to disconnect that battery. Just do the 12v one you can see. After completing the part swap reconnect the battery and if the CEL is still there, clear it with the programmer of your choice.

If they are asking people to mess with that big battery there is some serious concerns they should be considering. Playing with a 12v battery is one thing and still requires caution. Playing with a 48v multiple KWH battery is another <— scary shit can happen fast.
That’s what I was thinking.. was seeing if there’s an easy way to disconnect it without taking off skid plates, etc. The only info I could find on the eTorque battery was from Ram forums & the 48v is isolated from the 12v when the 12v is disconnected apparently. I was just seeing if anybody knew anything else about this. Thanks for confirming what I thought.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That’s what I was thinking.. was seeing if there’s an easy way to disconnect it without taking off skid plates, etc. The only info I could find on the eTorque battery was from Ram forums & the 48v is isolated from the 12v when the 12v is disconnected apparently. I was just seeing if anybody knew anything else about this. Thanks for confirming what I thought.
Even taking all of those things off it’s not easy to disconnect it. There is coolant lines and all sorts of goodies. Let us know how your part swap goes, I know many people want that Cel gone.

Aspaztikcolon

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I keep getting the cel after i got the "fix" kit from s&b. Dude keeps trying to tell me i didn't disconnect the battery completely also, even though now i get the cel only about twice a month. I left the 12V disconnected overnight, if that isn't good enough, neither is their product. It will be my last s&b purchase
Sponsored