35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Amazon, they are now about 256.00 including shipping, no tax.

Not all 37’s are created equal, not all are a full 37”, These Mastercraft Courser MXT s are on the smaller size like the BFGoodrich KO2 s are and like the KO2 they are light. 69-71 lbs. much better DD for those who mostly use it as a DD and some wheeling. The Toyo MT is an average size 37”, makes a really good rock tire, heavy duty but a little heavy for DD, 84-86 lbs. check out this link for a good resource on almost all the 37’s out there with their size, price and weight. And then decide what your using your Jeep for.

https://tiresize.com/tires/Toyo/Open-Country-MT-37X12.50R17.htm
the KO2 is a all terrain isnt it? I dont want the same tire that comes on the jeep just bigger. i have always run MT tires on my trucks and jeeps for 40 yrs and i dont have a problem driving with mud tires. A lot of people and dealers are putting the toyo mt on their jeeps. but your right that KO2 is a great tire for sure.
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon

Fabtech lift w/ 315x70R17 and Ultra xtreme X107 satin graphite wheels:

8902E89E-58EC-4CDB-A774-862E7504EE50.jpeg
Fab tech has their lift out now ? or is it the spacer lift ? which one is it and how much is it 2 or 2.5 with coils and shocks or just spacers and how big ?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I'll do that when I can. I just got home from a 13 hour day at work, and I'm back at it early tomorrow. Maybe Saturday I can take a measurement for you.

One thing to remember. Looks are wonderful, but they don't always add up to good off-road performance. The JLUR has got tremendous flex in the suspension, especially with the sway bar disconnected. If you put 37's on that 2" lift, you'll get some rubbing unless you take fender liners out or modify the fender wells in some way, or if you get wheels that stick way out, which puts more stress on the axles (leverage). I want this thing to be able to fully flex, even with the wheel at full lock in either direction, with the sway bar disconnected, and have no rubbing. This lift/tire/wheel combo should handle burying the wheels way up in the wells, with no rub. I happen to think it looks perfect, because I like looks to reflect function. That's why I like a Wrangler in the first place. Everybody has their own opinions, and that makes the Jeep world MUCH more interesting. There were other considerations, too. I wanted a good ride on the road. Check. I wanted good handling, not wallowy mush or bone-jarring stiffness. It is just right, for me. Check. I wanted a substantial increase in breakover angle, but not so much height that I have to climb up into it. Check. (I'm 6'5"). I wanted it to track straight and true and not follow the grooves in the road. It feels just like it did with the 33's. Check. I didn't want to lose much power from the engine, due to the larger diameter tires. It didn't lose much at all, and the gearing/engine still feels really good. Check. I didn't want the steering to become too vague, again, due to the large tires. Check. I wanted an overall feeling of stability not much different than the stock configuration. Check.

I was honestly VERY nervous about each of those desires. I felt so strongly about it that I was willing to take it all off and go back to the 33's if it wasn't just right, even if I had to swallow a significant loss of money. I feel very lucky it turned out the way it did. I haven't had it off road yet, but I've farted around a bit with it where I can, and so far it feels like it will be a real champ off road, easily besting my JK, which has been amazing.

This configuration happens to work for me, but those are all just my preferences and desires. Someone else may feel completely differently That said, I can't wait to see the different configurations others come up with. That'll be my next new phase of enjoyment with this forum.

Now, I've got a couple things to do to her next. First, the winch needs the kit so I can install it. Then, I've got a 10" LED light bar for the front bumper. (The LED's are so good, I'm not totally sure I need it now.) Then, I'm going to equip it like my JK, with a winch accessory bag, a backpack with basic survival gear and a change of clothes, and other related stuff, tow straps, a receiver mounted shackle, and a fire extinguisher and mount. That's all for another thread, though.
Dilly Dilly!!

All good feedback Dan. Thank you (for helping sway my decision into the lift). What is the make and model of your LED light bar? Are you installing it on the Mopar winch guard/hoop? If so, are there mounting brackets available? The Mopar LED's are a bit pricey.[/QUOTE]
on the mopar 2 inch lift with the 37s it doesn't rub at all. it is really is lifting almost 3 but mopar calls it a 2 inch. al the dealers around here are putting them on and their not rubbing at all or when you flex either

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
These lifts are going to settle over the first few weeks. I'm betting at least 1/2".
Your right thats why i think the mopar 2 inch lift is lifting it about almost 3 right now at first. then when people put al their bigger bumpers on it will drop some

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I’d see it in person. Honestly I wish I betted 2” not 3”. Kinda pissed honestly. Feels too high on the road. Actually gaining 2” is what I wanted
the mopar 3 inch lift is giving you about 3 at first. when it settles and drops with new heavy bumpers you will still have a 2 like they say

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Before...
HKYTaui.jpg

After....
s23hSlH.jpg

Now it needs a wash!

I just feel the 2 inch mopar kit on these Jl's jooks to big for 35's. I guess I'll wait until somebody comes out with a smaller lift. I think 37's looks perfect but thats just to big of a tire for me ! I would like a true 1.5 lift .[/QUOTE]
Rubicon express has a 2 inch spacer lift right now out

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I dont know why the mopar 2inch lift seems so much higher then a 2. i have been told by some one who does a lot of them that they are really getting close to 2.5 and 3 on these. if you look at the other spacer lifts out there like rough country and ready lift there 2.5 and Rubicon express 2 doesn't look as high as the mopar 2
I got exactly 3”

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
This 2" mopar with 35" ridge grapplers on stock. Gained more than 2" for sure

IMG_0744.JPG.jpeg

IMG_0745.JPG.jpeg
yes the mopar 2 is getting about 2,5 or 3 they told me. and by the looks of it when you put 37s it looks about a 3 inch almost

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
yes the mopar 2 is getting about 2,5 or 3 they told me. and by the looks of it when you put 37s it looks about a 3 inch almost
Not including height from tires it is 3”. I have 35s. But like I said I am measuringfrom center of wheel to fender. I gained about 4” from ground if you include tire height

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon

This one belongs to Hazzard Fabworx:

10AAC826-EFCF-45AB-95C8-8C55C05C5623.jpeg
F749E690-76FE-4BC3-A4A2-7D1D1A525905.jpeg
IS THIS THE MOPAR 2 INCH LIFT ? WHICH GIVES YOU ABOUT 3. THIS LOOKS REALY GOOD. I LIKE THE TOYOS MT A LOT BUT THIS TIRE REALLY LOOKS GOOD AND THE SIDE WALL HAS THAT MUD LOOK BUT WILL BE A SMOOTH RIDE. ANYONE HAVE THOS TIRE OUT THERE HOW IS IT ON THE HIGHWAY ?

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
If you like the Open Country MT, but don't really need such an aggresive tire look at the Toyo Open County RT. I've installed these for several customer's, and have yet to hear a complaint. I think those Nittos Ridge Grapplers are in the same category(Mix between a AT & MT)

Jamesmcga

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I also noticed that the speedometer auto corrected for the 37’s

Jamesmcga

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It’s strange. When I first out the 37’s on it was accurate up to 60; then off by 10 anything over 60.

But this whole week it is within 1 MPH. Using Waze as the gps MPH guide.