RikFlairWoo

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 TJ Sahara
upload_2020-2-11_18-23-10.png

I also paid a little extra to order the all black Willy's/Moab wheels.

Looks awesome and I love the Willys wheels as well. Can;t wait to see some Sarge Green JLs. Has the Sarge Green club forum been started yet?
Sponsored

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I think you can order the colored piece on the dash from mopar. Might be a little bit of work to do it but if that’s the only thing holding you back it’s worth it.

stromad

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Astro AWD Campervan DIY Conversion
If you go with Willys instead Willys sport, you will get the led lights.
Good catch. I edited my post. I meant to say Willys, not Willys Sport. The higher priced Willys comes with LED Lighting Package which I am aware of.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
That's a great question, as I was thinking about starting an independent thread asking if there is anyone else who prefers their JL's WITHOUT the LED lighting group.

I mean, I can see the appeal to have nice bright lights.

However, for me, I prefer more of a classic Jeep look and the LEDs look too modern to me. I've never had a problem with halogen lamps, and I'm probably missing out on something that I may never go back if I try. That being said, I saw a JL parked on the street with the LEDs on when I was walking by right before ordering my JLUR and it just seemed, forgive the pun, too flashy to me. Thus, I stuck with the more classic halogens when ordering mine.

If you like it, great! I can definitely see the appeal. It was even a close call on my part given how many people seem to like them, but I just wanted a more classic look.
My issue is the actual driving on the regular lamps. If you take the light out of the housing, it’s an extremely cheap light. When you drive at night comparatively, it’s kinda night and day (pun intended). I swapped out the JK lights too because of that.

I can see your concern over the look of the factory LED group, but I got over that the first time I drove it after dark.

Sponsored

Max238

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blazer/Harley
Occupation
Pilot
Anyone know when the “Build your Wrangler” link on Jeep.com will display the Sarge Green option?

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Anyone know when the “Build your Wrangler” link on Jeep.com will display the Sarge Green option?
No, Jeep is terribly lazy about updating the website. They announced several special editions in the last two weeks and they're not on there either.

Sponsored

FL_Diesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Diesel
I don't understand this concept of not updating website with the product that is otherwise available to order. If Jeep put sarge green on the website, wouldn't that expand the possibility of receiving more order and higher sales volume? I understand not updating with new model year so that they can push previous year. But not updating color?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Does it really matter?

The real world pictures are more helpful anyway, although the best option is seeing one in person.

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Does anyone know if there is a $195 cost for the sarge green. I'm ordering my JLU in March and keep going back and forth between sarge green and ocean blue.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
I don't understand this concept of not updating website with the product that is otherwise available to order. If Jeep put sarge green on the website, wouldn't that expand the possibility of receiving more order and higher sales volume? I understand not updating with new model year so that they can push previous year. But not updating color?
Usually the build tool lags a month behind the current custom order options.

The best explanation I have received is that the tool on the site is primarily for then searching for your build at dealers. So it is there to help look for Jeeps already on lots, not to build your custom order.

The pdf output is also not the best for providing to dealers when custom ordering, further promoting the idea that it wasn't build for those reasons.....or it is just poorly built and they are slow at updating....but we'll be optimistic and stick with the former explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.