Sponsored

Does color of Jeep affect trade value?

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I suggest that you consider an unusual color for a while (or any color choice) because you might get tired of it.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Buy what you want not for the next owner.

Take good care of it, condition is more important. I have bought and sold different color cars. They all sold for fair prices.

Wranglers are a little like sports cars. They are usually a second vehicle. A toy. They are meant to be fun so fun colors work. There will be a buyer. It just might take a little longer to sell.

A friend is a used car manager for Porsche. We talk about this all the time. You really never know. He might pay a little more to take in a bright yellow sports car or Wrangler for his front line to draw attention to the lot. He might pay less for a black car because there are so many. Plus black cars show paint flaws easier so he usually will need to spend a little more cleaning it up. A private party buyer might be willing to pay a little more for that bright yellow because there might not be many other yellows to choose from in the used market.

Black, white, silver, and red are popular for sports cars. A lot of people buy them so there will be a lot to choose from in the used market. You might have to lower your price to make your's more appealing. Sports cars with signature colors or historic racing colors are always easy to sell. A example is Ferrari Russo Corsa or Racing Red. It seems everyone wants a Red with Tan Ferrari. A lot of Corvette fans want white with red interiors. Silver/black is popular with Porsche. Everyone wants a black, silver, white Benz. You would think any of the military inspired colors for a Wrangler but I am not sure? When in doubt Red, Black, White, Granite are probably safe bets.

Personally I was on the fence between Granite and Sting Gray. I flipped a coin at the last minute and went with Granite. I am very happy with Granite but I always catch myself giving a Sting Gray the once over every time I see one. Same with Mojito. Lol.

I also love the military inspired colors. I regret not buying a Tank JK. I bought black because it was not available when I bought. I am very happy to see Sarge Green available now. I would also love to see a Tan like Goby.

Last edited:

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
I will second and third the buy what YOU want and not worry about down the line ect. I have found myself worrying about what others think and thinking about things like that and it is a mistake. Having regret after your purchase will cost you much more.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
OP: Yes, it does. But not by much.

If you go to kbb.com, you can see the impact of choosing various colors on resale value. The difference is $200 or less, though.

I consider a $200 difference insignificant after you have owned the Jeep 3+ years.

I say get the color you want and have fun!

Sponsored

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Punk'n is such a great color:
IMG_7304-X3.jpg

:rock:

Yes it is, and Jeep just took Punkn off the options list, along with Mojito :(

That said, guess those of us with these colors just became all that much more special/exclusive

20200128_084631.jpg

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Yes it is, and Jeep just took Punkn off the options list, along with Mojito :(

That said, guess those of us with these colors just became all that much more special/exclusive

20200128_084631.jpg
It's still there! Don't DO that to me! It is also on the order guide.

WHEW!

(I'm getting a replacement and it HAS to be Punk'n!)

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I emailed Stericycle today asking how quickly I can order my replacement. I hope they have a can of Punk’n lying around for a buyback replacement :please::please:

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
I emailed Stericycle today asking how quickly I can order my replacement. I hope they have a can of Punk’n lying around for a buyback replacement :please::please:
Lol a can. I have a picture in my head of a guy dipping a paint brush into a can of Sherwin Williams orange paint and slathering it on your Granite Crystal replacement's hood.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Lol a can. I have a picture in my head of a guy dipping a paint brush into a can of Sherwin Williams orange paint and slathering it on your Granite Crystal replacement's hood.
Granite Crystal?! Noooooooooooooooooooo

I’m seriously so upset about this. There aren’t many on the lots and none configured how I want. /whine
Sponsored