Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the same boat! I'll likely place an order for one in a couple of months. I have no problem removing decals, done that many times with my current JKU. I think you're right about the rails not being right. I think having leather on the dash versus the red looks great as well.

I'm wanting the Recon for the 2.0L eTorque. I was recently at Winter Jam and spent a day with two Jeeps that were running that motor/drivetrain...superb!

You can check out a review I did on the 2.0L Turbo eTorque at Expedition Builds YouTube.

-Steven
Theres a lot of naysayers on here IRT 2.0 engine and Etorque. Good to see some in action with some big honkin tires, lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
My “Wrangler” sticker was off before the engines cooled when I brought mine home :).

I’ve been reading about the engines and eTorque and am still having a hard time deciding. I like my V6, but the efficiency of the 2.0 is appealing.

I haven’t driven an eTorque Rubi recently, so it’s hard to compare.

I do worry about the extra battery (added weight and complexity) with the cooling hoses. My Jeep is my daily, but we’ll be doing some rocky trails. We’ve done parts of the Rubicon, but want to do the whole trail.

My husband teases me that I’ve read to the end of the internet and still haven’t made a decision :LOL:.
Just to be clear, my preference is the 2.0L eTorque. The tried and true 3.6 is known quantity, reliable motor. What I like about the eTorque is the electric thrust is brings. Granted, it's more complex and it remains to be seen how reliable a powertrain it will be. I wouldn't worry about the extra cooling lines, Jeep did a good job of keeping them out of the way.

-Steven

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Those "sliders" have to be wrong, right? I thought it had the performance rock rails unless these are new?
I think the pic is wrong.

-Steven

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Theres a lot of naysayers on here IRT 2.0 engine and Etorque. Good to see some in action with some big honkin tires, lol.
I know there are! I think a good many haven't driven one and aren't actually speaking from experience.

Spending a day in them made a believer out of me. You'll be pretty surprised at how responsive the 2L eTorque makes a Wrangler.

-Steven

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I know there are! I think a good many haven't driven one and aren't actually speaking from experience.

Spending a day in them made a believer out of me. You'll be pretty surprised at how responsive the 2L eTorque makes a Wrangler.

-Steven
I test drove one when I had my Jeep in for an oil overfill... I liked how it drove for sure. It was one of the first 2.0s the dealer had gotten when they finally entered production. I liked it but I'm not sure if I would have been able to wait that long for one, lol.

JeepAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon Recon
I will most likely order a recon, but not liking the new decals as much after seeing them all outlined in red. Would look great on a Red Jeep, but on Sting-gray it's just hurting my eyes.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I will most likely order a recon, but not liking the new decals as much after seeing them all outlined in red. Would look great on a Red Jeep, but on Sting-gray it's just hurting my eyes.
I'm right there with ya! It's an easy enough thing to fix if we feel the same about it in person right?

-Steven

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Yes! The easiest and most inexpensive fix one could make. Still excited about the overall package.
Me as well, I recently spent some time in 2.0L eTorque Jl's at Winter Jam. If you're interested in seeing that video, it's on my YouTube channel.

-Steven

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That red outline is worth another TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!
drevil_cover.jpg

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Just to be clear, my preference is the 2.0L eTorque. The tried and true 3.6 is known quantity, reliable motor. What I like about the eTorque is the electric thrust is brings. Granted, it's more complex and it remains to be seen how reliable a powertrain it will be. I wouldn't worry about the extra cooling lines, Jeep did a good job of keeping them out of the way.

-Steven
Your video was helpful to see it off-road and handling big tires (re-geared at all?).

I have a V6 JL now and am getting a replacement, so am considering all engine options. It's easy to let myself be talked out of the 2.0 and 2.0 eTorque because they're more unknown and have their doubters. But I've read that people are very happy with their turbos with minimal issues in the time they've been available. I do a lot of city driving, so that eTorque might be a nice thing to have.

Longevity is a concern, but at least those parts are covered under the longer emissions equipment warranty.

I still have a few more days before the paperwork goes through, so just a bit more time to obsess :CWL:.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Your video was helpful to see it off-road and handling big tires (re-geared at all?).

I have a V6 JL now and am getting a replacement, so am considering all engine options. It's easy to let myself be talked out of the 2.0 and 2.0 eTorque because they're more unknown and have their doubters. But I've read that people are very happy with their turbos with minimal issues in the time they've been available. I do a lot of city driving, so that eTorque might be a nice thing to have.

Longevity is a concern, but at least those parts are covered under the longer emissions equipment warranty.

I still have a few more days before the paperwork goes through, so just a bit more time to obsess :CWL:.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I'm glad you found that helpful! That experience really changed my thinking about the eTorque technology and the performance it can bring. As you stated, longevity is the big question mark, but that's covered.

It's also interesting to see how Jeep has reshuffled the engines across the different model/trim levels. I thought the 3.6 eTorque sounded great, but now only available on the Sahara. It will be Recon for me.

Also, just to note, Marks Jeep(TeraFlex) was running 5.38 gears, while David was running 4.88's. Both Jeeps were on 39" BFG KM3's.

-Steven

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
I had the 2.0T eTorque in my 19 Sport and now in my 19 Rubicon and love it. The quickness is awesome and the Jeep really responds well not to mention the Auto stop start is seamless. Night and day compared to ESS that you feel the engine start and stop.
Sponsored