Will it fit? TopLift Pro & 2-door

kidintraffic

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I have the chance to pick up a TopLift Pro locally and was wondering if I broke down the TopLift Pro into 2 pieces (top section and bottom section), would it fit in the back of a 2-door JL with the back seat removed? Anyone try this before?
Sponsored

M1kefries

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
We’ve done it with the 4 door and the seats down. I know it’s not the 2 door, but we had a lot of other crap packed in there as well. I would say you would be able to finagle it in there with the back seat removed.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
This discussion reminded me:

IMHO, the next major feature for hard top removal equipment will be portability of the device so you can bring it, say, to a campsite, take your top off for some daytrip adventures, and then return to the campsite and put the top back on, say, in anticipation of rain.

While I imagine some hitch attached platforms from people like Harbor Freight or etrailer.com might provide a solution to transport existing hard top removal equipment, the only tool I know which was designed for this was the TopOff.

In my opinion its need to drill into the top, its assembly, and in part the slowness of the removal process, if addressed, might make for better sales, but it was designed to be, and certainly is portable.

Horsemover

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / 1997 TJ 4.0
We’ve done it with the 4 door and the seats down. I know it’s not the 2 door, but we had a lot of other crap packed in there as well. I would say you would be able to finagle it in there with the back seat removed.

Did you have to break it down or did it fit with the seats folded down?

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Hey Mike,

i know this is from a while back, but did you have to break it down to fit it the 4 door?

M1kefries

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey Mike,

i know this is from a while back, but did you have to break it down to fit it the 4 door?
I did break it down a bit. Just pulled the top and bottom half apart at the riser tubes. Pretty easy to split part and easier to pack that way.
Sponsored