JL Audio Stealthbox

shatty

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus NX 250, 2016 Corvette ZO6/ZO7
I have the Alpine upgrade in my Sahara. Installation of the Stealthbox on the passenger side requires the stock parts from a JL that doesnt have the Alpine upgrade. Does anyone know the part numbers from Jeep for that parts that are needed to do the install? Im getting drivers and passenger side boxes.
Sponsored

Hammerrp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK 2dr Rubi
I have the Alpine upgrade in my Sahara. Installation of the Stealthbox on the passenger side requires the stock parts from a JL that doesnt have the Alpine upgrade. Does anyone know the part numbers from Jeep for that parts that are needed to do the install? Im getting drivers and passenger side boxes.
Doing the same- did you get part numbers?

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
Here is what I needed...

Quarter Trim Panel $110: 6SQ60TX7AA

Panel Quarter Inner (Seatbelt Trim) $20: 6BM34TX7AB

Carpet $110: 6SQ60TX7AA

OR just trade your Alpine enclosure to someone for their parts plus a few bucks. I sold my Alpine Enclosure and Sub for $400 and used the money to buy my parts. Got the first two as takouts for $50 shipped and had to order the carpet from Mopar.

jrob529

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Here is what I needed...

OR just trade your Alpine enclosure to someone for their parts plus a few bucks. I sold my Alpine Enclosure and Sub for $400 and used the money to buy my parts. Got the first two as takouts for $50 shipped and had to order the carpet from Mopar.
I'm ordering a 2021 Rubicon and was looking for some advice. I'm not a fan of the Alpine upgrade and would like to go the Stealth box route. Any suggestions? Should I go with the 8.4 head unit or go aftermarket?

Sponsored

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
I'm kind of a sound system snob and have always gone aftermarket in all of my vehicles for the last 35 years. I ordered my 2020 with an 8.4” screen which forced me to get the Alpine upgrade. I tore all the alpine speakers out including the crappy sub and replaced with aftermarket and the sound quality is like night and day. I didn't go with the Stealthboxes because we custom fabricated some more stealthy enclosures that can handle more power, have a higher output, and are in a better location. But I think the Stealthboxes are a great option. You can see my build here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/new-audio-build-2020-rubicon.51272/#post-1124269

I have said in other threads that I would definitely have NOT ordered the Alpine system if I had the choice.

Stinger recently released their JL/JT kit that fully integrates all the same features, gauges, climate controls, HD camera plus inputs for 3 more, and even adds some additional capabilities in a 10” screen. The integration kit and Heigh10 will cost you about $1500 but you will come out ahead by ~$300 if you just go with the base stereo and screen. I would have 100% gone this route if I were doing it all over again - and may still. You may be able to sell the 7” screen that comes in your Rubicon and recoup some of the cost.
https://stingerelectronics.com/pages/jeep-wrangler-infotainment

Let me know if you have any questions from my experiences.

Last edited:

jrob529

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I'm kind of a sound system snob and have always gone aftermarket in all of my vehicles for the last 35 years. I ordered my 2020 with an 8.4” screen which forced me to get the Alpine upgrade. I tore all the alpine speakers out including the crappy sub and replaced with aftermarket and the sound quality is like night and day. I didn't go with the Stealthboxes because we custom fabricated some more stealthy enclosures that can handle more power, have a higher output, and are in a better location. But I think the Stealthboxes are a great option. You can see my build here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/new-audio-build-2020-rubicon.51272/#post-1124269

I have said in other threads that I would definitely have NOT ordered the Alpine system if I had the choice.

Stinger recently released their JL/JT kit that fully integrates all the same features, gauges, climate controls, HD camera plus inputs for 3 more, and even adds some additional capabilities in a 10” screen. The integration kit and Heigh10 will cost you about $1500 but you will come out ahead by ~$300 if you just go with the base stereo and screen. I would have 100% gone this route if I were doing it all over again - and may still. You may be able to sell the 7” screen that comes in your Rubicon and recoup some of the cost.
https://stingerelectronics.com/pages/jeep-wrangler-infotainment

Let me know if you have any questions from my experiences.
Thanks for the advice. I have the Alpime systemin my current Jeep and, needless to say, it leaves a lot to be desired. My wife is ok with it but Ive a nice system before and there no comparison. I‘m not very mechanically inclined so I will have it installed. With that being said, can I get a a piece at a time or should I get everything done at once? I’d prefer to the head unit first and build from there but it might be smarter and cheaper to do all at once- receiver, speakers, sub, and amp.

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
Not sure how to answer this, but I’ll give it a shot.

If you are going to replace the head unit, you could do it in two phases, head unit 1st since the Stinger I mentioned before has integration to the Alpine premium amp.

Then phase 2 can be amps and speakers.

When I did mine, I had my Jeep pulled apart for only ONE day on the weekend, less than 6 hours. But that was because I did a ton of pre-planning. My first step was to fabricate the sub enclosures a couple weeks before final install, so I did have to pull out the seats one afternoon and mold the fiberglass, I also pulled the speaker wire at the same time. I put the seats back in while I finished the enclosures. I had all the wiring measured, soldered, and shrink wrapped in advance. I terminated all the ends with harnesses so it would all plug together quickly. I also built the amp rack and wired it all outside of the Jeep and completely wired the DSP and the amps before I tore into the Jeep. All of that took a couple weeks working on and off. I ran the single 0 gauge power wire from battery to the back a few days in advance of the final install. I only had the pull the head unit, it was a single optical cable to the DSP, then ran speaker wires. With the pre-planning, I didn’t ever lose use of the Jeep.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Here is what I needed...

Two of those part numbers are the same. Also where did you buy these parts I'm looking to put that sub in on the driver side and I have the Alpine system with the subwoofer in a JL Rubicon.
Thank you.
Sponsored