Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
This is everything i hate in a wrangler in one package.

but I’m sure someone else will love it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Added live looks from the Chicago Auto Show:

Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude-21.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude-20.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude-22.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude-23.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude-24.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude-14.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude-13.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude-11.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude-10.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude-9.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude-15.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude-12.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude-1.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-High-Altitude-6.jpg
Jeep-Gladiator-High-Altitude-1.jpg
Jeep-Gladiator-High-Altitude-2.jpg
Jeep-Gladiator-High-Altitude-3.jpg
Jeep-Gladiator-High-Altitude-4.jpg

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Different strokes for different folks. Those painted bumpers would definitely need a paint protection film application.

Sponsored

CPOakton

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80
As a potential jeep buyer in my mid 50's looking for a convertible I don't have to climb into from my knees, I kinda like the looks of this package. Admittedly, the only off roading I'm likely to see is grass parking lots at concerts. Do we think they're adding a lift on this to accommodate the 20's? If not, do we think we could replace the tires with something larger?

JDM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
As a potential jeep buyer in my mid 50's looking for a convertible I don't have to climb into from my knees, I kinda like the looks of this package. Admittedly, the only off roading I'm likely to see is grass parking lots at concerts. Do we think they're adding a lift on this to accommodate the 20's? If not, do we think we could replace the tires with something larger?
I doubt that they’re adding a lift to accommodate the 20” rims as you can get the same diameter of tire on a 20” as you can on an 18” or 17” rim. However a word of caution; I’m in my mid 60’s with a JL unlimited Sahara. I bought my JK in my late 50’s. I liked my JK and now after doing extensive front end work am liking my JL, and that work was to fix the problems that mine came with stock.

No matter how much a person may like the looks of the 20” rims, painted bumpers and upscale leather interior, it’s still a solid axle vehicle that you’ll have to climb into with very unique road manners that most will not expect if they’re new to a Jeep Wrangler, and, may end up disliking. I’m not trying to put you off buying one, just saying spend time to really understand what your... climbing... into.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
One doesn't need a lift to accommodate 20" wheels, the tires just have a lower profile (and resulting potentially harsher ride due to less rubber).

Sponsored

CPOakton

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80
I doubt that they’re adding a lift to accommodate the 20” rims as you can get the same diameter of tire on a 20” as you can on an 18” or 17” rim. However a word of caution; I’m in my mid 60’s with a JL unlimited Sahara. I bought my JK in my late 50’s. I liked my JK and now after doing extensive front end work am liking my JL, and that work was to fix the problems that mine came with stock.

No matter how much a person may like the looks of the 20” rims, painted bumpers and upscale leather interior, it’s still a solid axle vehicle that you’ll have to climb into with very unique road manners that most will not expect if they’re new to a Jeep Wrangler, and, may end up disliking. I’m not trying to put you off buying one, just saying spend time to really understand what your... climbing... into.

Thanks for the feedback!! and well taken. I've driven rental jeeps in the past and today have a large SUV. I'm sure it won't drive the same as the SUV but I think I know what to expect. This will be our families third car (a couple teenagers in the house) so it'll get shared after a few months I'm sure.

Having said that, I'll make sure to do another couple test drives to make sure.

I'm reading between the lines and assume you had some manufacturing issues with your new JL? I've followed the forums here and have seen the steering issues etc. Hope it's all fixed for you now!

CPOakton

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80
One doesn't need a lift to accommodate 20" wheels, the tires just have a lower profile (and resulting potentially harsher ride due to less rubber).
ohhhhh. I didn't consider that. I'm not looking for a harsher ride....

JDM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Thanks for the feedback!! and well taken. I've driven rental jeeps in the past and today have a large SUV. I'm sure it won't drive the same as the SUV but I think I know what to expect. This will be our families third car (a couple teenagers in the house) so it'll get shared after a few months I'm sure.

Having said that, I'll make sure to do another couple test drives to make sure.

I'm reading between the lines and assume you had some manufacturing issues with your new JL? I've followed the forums here and have seen the steering issues etc. Hope it's all fixed for you now!
Yes, almost all fixed. It started with the dreaded DW and as I had that corrected other issues became evident. Each time an issue was corrected the result was much better than expected and now I’m sort off addicted. (Don’t take that to mean that I’m enamoured with FCA, no love lost there). I took mine off road just because I was in the circumstance to and now I have another addiction; lift, bumpers, winch, wheels and 35’s and so on.

I’m in a new neighbourhood and there are two other Wranglers close by. One is a black JLUR owned by a gent who’s about our age. Keeps it shiny all the time, now thats a nice looking Jeep. The other is a JK owned by a younger family man. He’s done a lot of work to it, lift, wheels and tires, shocks etc., another nice Wrangler.

The daughter of a friend of mine is crazy about mine. I let her drive it a couple of times and now she drives her father around the bend about getting one (that’s why I let her drive it). The father takes it well, were still friends. Hope things work out for you and yours.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
ohhhhh. I didn't consider that. I'm not looking for a harsher ride....
It's the tradeoff that comes with the sexy big rims. I always shake my head when I see people around here (downtown Chicago) that go for the ginormous rims and super low profile tires. Our potholes have potholes - they eat tires and rims like that for breakfast.
chicago-pothole.jpg

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Not real big on the colored bumpers. Seems like a loss there. But my takeaway is the colored mirrors. I see that coming together with the fender package in the future. Not bad on that end. You can keep the 20s for your 92 Monte Carlo.
Sponsored