Sponsored

You paid what??? You got ripped!!!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Detailing ain't rocket science, I know - I did it for years! Good for you and taking on the job and getting the results you wanted. The only advice I'd give is to NOT get caught up into the detailing world, there's a lot of reasons why I say that - mostly because their "forums" are full of shills that just want you to buy the latest or what's been sitting the longest on the store shelves. Feel free to PM me, I'm always happy to give whatever advice I can to help.
Thanks! Will do.

Honestly most "detailers" and even car washes out there are complete junk.
Yeah, unfortunately I had to learn this the hard way.

Truth right there. Some of the best snake oil salesman in the world are in this industry. No doubt. It is all about the labor hours not some special skill or magic chemical.
Yeah, I kinda noticed that when I was looking for the various products to buy. Luckily, I kept it simple with a single polisher, basic pads, a deep compound formula, and a finishing polish. I doubt I even paid $250 for everything and with some time and patience, made her look better than the new.

I don't know if my Challenger is cursed or if my expectations are too high, but I've just noticed a general lack of pride and quality of work with automotive stuff in general here. My Dodge dealership screwed up the first oil change (prior to me buying a low profile jack that I now do the work myself with), this detail company that utterly sucked, and I'm now contending with a window tinting place that does clear bras. I had them put one on the front bumper since our roads are just littered with garbage, debris, and rocks a little over a month ago and it's starting to bubble and come off already. The car has been largely garaged most of the season. It's going back for them to correct it.
Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
but I got ripped using a detail shop to do some paint correction on my Challenger. I paid $1,200 for a "stage 2" detail, only to have the shop not only do a lousy job on the areas they did do work on, .
HOLY CRAP that's a lot of money for a detail job. It's a challenger not a ferrari lol. They should've been able to do all of that for a lot less.

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I just saw on lease trader some guy trying to get rid of his Rubicon $800 month lease:LOL:

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
HOLY CRAP that's a lot of money for a detail job. It's a challenger not a ferrari lol. They should've been able to do all of that for a lot less.
Well, to be fair (even though I shouldn't be), the job wasn't just getting it washed and waxed. The entire detail also included some window tinting, scratch removal, and ceramic coating. The problem is the guy that did the work missed a lot of areas, generally did a horrible job, and probably didn't do half the things listed on the paperwork they gave me. I doubt he even spent an entire day on it despite them having the car for a week.

It's one thing to pay a lot for finished, acceptable work. I paid a lot for continuous screw ups and shit not getting done.

Sponsored

cmc.703

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2019 JLUR 68 miles on odometer when I bought it for 39,500 + 700 destination. It's got a 3 piece hard top, HID group, Manual transmission, all weather mats, metal door sills, wheel locks, and the 7.0 display with carPlay. Here's a pic I took today after I detailed it.

20200208_173557.jpg

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
2019 JLUR 68 miles on odometer when I bought it for 39,500 + 700 destination. It's got a 3 piece hard top, HID group, Manual transmission, all weather mats, metal door sills, wheel locks, and the 7.0 display with carPlay. Here's a pic I took today after I detailed it.

20200208_173557.jpg
So how did you get ripped ?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
It didn't have an 8speed auto. Now he is stuck with a manual. He got ripped. :like:
so much for drinking coffee or bourbon while driving a manual. Fuck that. Will he even get weather alerts from 200 miles away?

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I originally wanted a manual but my order was stuck in transit for months and caved and got the auto. I'm Itching to drive stick again:crying: My early lease end price looks tempting.

Sponsored

cmc.703

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so much for drinking coffee or bourbon while driving a manual. Fuck that. Will he even get weather alerts from 200 miles away?
LOL !!
I dont get any weather alerts oddly enough.
Sipping coffee and or bourbon (I'm a scotch man myself ) takes a bit of practice, but it can be done :) !!

cmc.703

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I originally wanted a manual but my order was stuck in transit for months and caved and got the auto. I'm Itching to drive stick again:crying: My early lease end price looks tempting.
Duder, do it !! Manual's are fun, but you know this. Life is too important to be taken seriously. But seriously, have fun while you're alive !!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
LOL !!
I dont get any weather alerts oddly enough.
Sipping coffee and or bourbon (I'm a scotch man myself ) takes a bit of practice, but it can be done :) !!
My son has been in Europe. All over Europe and he found a scotch that he is going to bring home for me. Unfortunately the name of it slips my mind at the time.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Alright, I'm in. Last June, paid $43,098 pre-tax/tags for a 2018 two door JL Rubicon- stickered for $53,785. Just about all the options- 2.0L turbo, auto, leather, LED's, steel bumpers, HD electrical/tow, 8.4 nav, cold weather, matching painted hard top and fenders, hard top headliner, proximity entry, black polished lip wheels. Seemed fair to me and the dealer!

Pic then stock, pic now with Mopar soft top, 2" lift and 35's!

IMG_7343.jpeg

IMG_0107.jpg