Sponsored

What's the best way to protect the cargo area?

HellaYellaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sarhara JL
I just bought a 2019 Sahara and while it came with rubber floor mats it didn't come with a mat to protect the cargo area in the back. Is there a particular rubber mat that works better than the others? Is there a certain "feature" I should be looking for or is there something better than a rubber mat to protect the back?? Thanks for any advice in advance!!
Sponsored

MotownJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Suburban
I just bought a 2019 Sahara and while it came with rubber floor mats it didn't come with a mat to protect the cargo area in the back. Is there a particular rubber mat that works better than the others? Is there a certain "feature" I should be looking for or is there something better than a rubber mat to protect the back?? Thanks for any advice in advance!!
Here's what I use. Fold it in half and it fits perfectly. Tell them Chris sent you!

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 10.53.22 AM.png

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
What are you trying to protect it from? I use the weather tech mat in mine
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jlur-rear-cargo-mat.21288/#post-524466

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher

Sponsored

OP
OP
HellaYellaChick

HellaYellaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sarhara JL
OP
OP
HellaYellaChick

HellaYellaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sarhara JL

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I have a 2 door. I got a cheap rubber mat about 3mm thick. It is too large meaning it protects the sides as well as the floor - a bit like a bath tub.

The rear seats can be tumbled forward but I like to fold them down flat and secure them to the floor with the supplied straps. Then the rubber mat goes on top and I have a sort of shelf. This allows my wife to reach back from the passenger seat to get her jumper or what ever.

OP
OP
HellaYellaChick

HellaYellaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sarhara JL
I have a 2 door. I got a cheap rubber mat about 3mm thick. It is too large meaning it protects the sides as well as the floor - a bit like a bath tub.

The rear seats can be tumbled forward but I like to fold them down flat and secure them to the floor with the supplied straps. Then the rubber mat goes on top and I have a sort of shelf. This allows my wife to reach back from the passenger seat to get her jumper or what ever.
Thank you for your reply. That is a good idea to get it big enough to cover the back seats when they are folded! Thank you for the info!!

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Btw...the one I showed is intended for a 2 door with the rear seat out. You can also remove the seat, install the mat, then put the seat back on top of it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HellaYellaChick

HellaYellaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sarhara JL
Btw...the one I showed is intended for a 2 door with the rear seat out. You can also remove the seat, install the mat, then put the seat back on top of it.
That's cool!! Thanks so much for the additional info!!

HamiltonGuy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLSU
Google... Dirty Dog Cargo Liner Wrangler JL

That's what I got, and I toss bags of soil, mulch, whatever, and it keeps the Jeep from getting dirty.
The fabric is very durable.
My Jeep is like a little pickup tuck some times.

OP
OP
HellaYellaChick

HellaYellaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sarhara JL
Google... Dirty Dog Cargo Liner Wrangler JL

That's what I got, and I toss bags of soil, mulch, whatever, and it keeps the Jeep from getting dirty.
The fabric is very durable.
My Jeep is like a little pickup tuck some times.
Thank you for the info!! I like that it also covers the sides!! Mine will probably get used in some of the same way as yours!!

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The weathertech mat is great. Keeps my dogs muddy paws well contained and it fits perfectly. Well worth it.