kurt rustle

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey folks, I'm going to be near LA mid-through-end of March and would love to try a couple of light/moderate difficulty trails while I'm down there. What would you recommend?

If you know of any trips happening on the weekend of March 21/22 (or want to set something up) I wouldn't mind tagging along!

Cheers.
Sponsored

Ryparks

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Hey folks, I'm going to be near LA mid-through-end of March and would love to try a couple of light/moderate difficulty trails while I'm down there. What would you recommend?

If you know of any trips happening on the weekend of March 21/22 (or want to set something up) I wouldn't mind tagging along!

Cheers.
For trips check out the SoCal Jeep Groups on Facebook- there's endless runs. For me, living in LA, I hit Hungry Valley a lot because I'm a newb and it's a huge area with a variety of trails and there's always someone around to ask questions. Plus, you get wilderness but also get a toilet if you need it. $5 and less than an hour from West LA. Everyone loves Azusa Canyon an hour East from where I am, but it's a lot of mud and high water. If thats your thing, I believe its $8 maybe and only open on weekend. If you want wilderness and fire roads, Sierra Pelona is beautiful and also an hour north not far from Hungry Valley. Cleghorn is your somewhat local ridge road with easy and hard options heading East, and I've never been to SaddleBack but I hear thats an hour and really nice too.

LA is a lot more outdoor friendly than I ever thought it would be. Hope you enjoy it.

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL

Cheers.
Where is near Los Angeles? Lots of fun stuff outside Palm Springs or San Diego.

You looking for rocks or exploring?

Ryparks

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Hey I went to Lytle Creek this wpast weekend, real awesome spot an hour and a half away. Like Anthem says too- SD and PS is great, just more of a time commitment. The Great Outdoors is all over the place here.

Deleted member 29417

I recommend the Sugarpine Mountain OHV Trail... pretty easy.....it was a little overgrown a few months ago that gave me a few stripes but nothing major.

Sponsored

jasonlauren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Acura RDX Technology Package, 2008 Scion xB Release Series
I recommend the Sugarpine Mountain OHV Trail... pretty easy.....it was a little overgrown a few months ago that gave me a few stripes but nothing major.
Just went up to Sugarpine on Sunday, 2/9/2020. The trail is pretty overgrown. Got pinstriped pretty good. Will spend a morning this weekend buffing everything out.

Also, the trail was pretty slushy with some ice patches near the end. At that point, we just turned around and went home.

I'm thinking of checking out Lytle Creek this Sunday.

Kentano

First Name
Kentano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victoria the Mall Rat
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Rowher flats is a little east of valencia. It has a great trail that can be up and back or straight thru if you don’t mind a couple steep declines. Light to moderate difficulty mostly because some sections are very steep.
Sponsored