Sponsored

2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited ORDER GUIDE (4-Door)!

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I can't help but notice that Sarge is the only color that doesn't have "clear coat" next to it. Certainly it has it.(?)

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I have a salesman telling me that the trail kit and floor mats are required with proximity key and remote start, and I've seen nothing else to indicate this and besides, it just seems weird. This may seem like a small thing and the total is only $360, but I really wanted to go with Weathertech floor mats, and I've no use for the trail kit.

Larry_G

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have a salesman telling me that the trail kit and floor mats are required with proximity key and remote start, and I've seen nothing else to indicate this and besides, it just seems weird. This may seem like a small thing and the total is only $360, but I really wanted to go with Weathertech floor mats, and I've no use for the trail kit.
I had a similar issue when I tried to order the rear storage mat and rails, they automatically added on chorme door sill inserts.

It happened on quotes from multiple dealers.

The floor mats are pretty good, they don't go as high as the weathertech but so far they have done their job.

Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
When these unwanted selections were added on, was it pretty evident and clear that it occurred or was it something you need to be extra careful about (like hidden within some line item) ?
......or worse yet, when the vehicle arrived at the dealer your new vehicle has something you DON'T want !?!

Larry_G

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
When these unwanted selections were added on, was it pretty evident and clear that it occurred or was it something you need to be extra careful about (like hidden within some line item) ?
......or worse yet, when the vehicle arrived at the dealer your new vehicle has something you DON'T want !?!
No they were obvious because they were individual line items right in the quote. I ended up going with Criswell in MD and my salesman Leon told me about it. The other quote I had from another dealer had them on there but he couldn't explain why they were there.

When I went to buy Leon had me initial by each option to make sure it was exactly what I was looking for and I just crossed out the rear storage organization and sill guards.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Good Deal.
Thanks for the info !

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
This...is a lie. Dealers are their own worst enemies. This kind of BS eventually gets around. And for what? A few extra bucks profit.

Sponsored

albo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
I’m planning to custom order a Sarge Green rubicon in the coming month or two, and it’ll be my first new vehicle purchase. What is the general strategy of obtaining 8-10% below invoice?

Do you just submit your custom order request to all dealers in your area and see who gives you the best sale price and put them against each other from there?

I have the FCA 5% employee discount and 1% Tread Lightly as well.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Do you just submit your custom order request to all dealers in your area and see who gives you the best sale price and put them against each other from there?
That's exactly what I did, except I went outside of my area and it just happened that the local dealer matched my best price from a distant dealer. These guys were already recommended on our local Jeep page though, and I can see why.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I’m planning to custom order a Sarge Green rubicon in the coming month or two, and it’ll be my first new vehicle purchase. What is the general strategy of obtaining 8-10% below invoice?

8% below invoice is about as low as you'll find verified on this forum. 10% might happen on leftover '19s, but not a factory order. There are precious few dealers who go to 8% legitimately, that is without bait and switch, dealer add-ons or exorbitant fees. The dealers who legitimately advertise 7-8% can be found on the forum under "Ordering and Pricing Discussions". That's not to say you can't find a similar deal at a different dealer not listed there, or a local dealer. I would just approach any dealer not listed here with great caution and get everything in writing.
If you contact Criswell in MD or Petersens in ID they'll send you a priced offer. If those are too far to practically travel, use those prices as leverage for your locals. As you're in Michigan, I don't know of any verified great deals near you, but a little research here will save you a lot of money.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT

after 8 months of banging my head on the wall and a ton of time wasted at dealers I ordered from Tyson motors in IL. Sure Criswell was 8% off invoice with tread lightly. But that was soooo far away from Chicago. So I settled on 5% off invoice. The $1000 difference is not worth the flight and drive back from the deal. Long story short I got 11.4% off MSRP with NO rebates

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
after 8 months of banging my head on the wall and a ton of time wasted at dealers I ordered from Tyson motors in IL. Sure Criswell was 8% off invoice with tread lightly. But that was soooo far away from Chicago. So I settled on 5% off invoice. The $1000 difference is not worth the flight and drive back from the deal. Long story short I got 11.4% off MSRP with NO rebates
You said you got 5% off invoice... but then ended up with 11.4% off invoice?? Care to enlighten us?
Sponsored