First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ7, 2019 JL
Vehicle Showcase
hey all.

Installing Rubicon axles in my Sport S. everything is going smoothly except front sport brake lines don't look like they are going to fit on the new rubi break. I've looked around for something to buy and cant find. how did you guys solve this?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I believe rubi’s and Sahara’s May have bigger breaks. Not much help, but that may be your issue.

OP
OP
Ryanfold

Ryanfold

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ7, 2019 JL
Vehicle Showcase
I believe rubi’s and Sahara’s May have bigger breaks. Not much help, but that may be your issue.
They sure do. It seems like some guys have been able to make the brake hoses work tho, that’s the fix I’m looking for.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the front brake hoses for he Rubicon are different than the sport. I ran into this issue during my swap but luckily the axles came with the Rubicon hoses so I was able to swap at the frame (which was a hassle also though). I suppose you could bend things to make the stock ones fit, but I didn't spend any time evaluating that. Here's a quick video I had done.

Just don't nag me about the shakiness or quality of my video - I'm not an "influencer" and did not get paid to do the swap. And heaven know you don't want to see me in a belly shirt :)

Sponsored

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Ryanfold

Ryanfold

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ7, 2019 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the front brake hoses for he Rubicon are different than the sport. I ran into this issue during my swap but luckily the axles came with the Rubicon hoses so I was able to swap at the frame (which was a hassle also though). I suppose you could bend things to make the stock ones fit, but I didn't spend any time evaluating that. Here's a quick video I had done.

Just don't nag me about the shakiness or quality of my video - I'm not an "influencer" and did not get paid to do the swap. And heaven know you don't want to see me in a belly shirt :)

you rock man! thanks for the help!!

Jmorris7658

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I watched this video of Teraflex big brake kit install. 7 minutes in they talk about just bending the lines. This is what I did on mine with no issues.

OP
OP
Ryanfold

Ryanfold

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ7, 2019 JL
Vehicle Showcase
I watched this video of Teraflex big brake kit install. 7 minutes in they talk about just bending the lines. This is what I did on mine with no issues.

holy crap! I dont know I could bend it with out totally f'n it up! you saved my day man. thank you! I owe you a beer if your in the SoCals area some time.