• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lumberjack357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
If not, there will be aftermarket options. The 8.8 Ford rear is well supported by tons of aftermarket offerings as it's been in use since at least 1986 on the first 5.0L (302) Mustangs. The center section is used in todays IFS Mustangs. Can be built to handle big HP and axle loads.

I for one would love to see a Torsen gen2
Except the Bronco isn't getting the 8.8, it's getting the Dana Advantek.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Except the Bronco isn't getting the 8.8, it's getting the Dana Advantek.
All references say it's the 8.8. Ford has not used a Dana 44 since 1977. The 8.8 has been in use continuously since 1983 on trucks and then the pony cars. It's also used in the current Rangers. As it's something currently being built and used in current models I'd tend to believe it's what we're going to see.

But I have nothing against the D44, or the 8.8, so really don't care. Not worried about either one of them not being up to the job.

lumberjack357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
All references say it's the 8.8. Ford has not used a Dana 44 since 1977. The 8.8 has been in use continuously since 1983 on trucks and then the pony cars. It's also used in the current Rangers. As it's something currently being built and used in current models I'd tend to believe it's what we're going to see.

But I have nothing against the D44, or the 8.8, so really don't care. Not worried about either one of them not being up to the job.
What references? The current Ranger uses Dana axles, not the 8.8, so will the Bronco. This has been confirmed by Dana. You're spreading misinformation.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
What references? The current Ranger uses Dana axles, not the 8.8, so will the Bronco. This has been confirmed by Dana. You're spreading misinformation.
Interesting, just looked it up Ford did move to the D44 in 2019 MY Rangers. So I'd agree that the info circulating is likely wrong, as they would reuse whats in the Ranger.

Sponsored

lumberjack357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Interesting, just looked it up Ford did move to the D44 in 2019 MY Rangers. So I'd agree that the info circulating is likely wrong, as they would reuse whats in the Ranger.
No, the information that YOU are circulating is wrong. No one else was talking about the 8.8 in here or on the Bronco forums because Dana confirmed that information over 3 years ago. Maybe do the research before you post next time.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
If not, there will be aftermarket options. The 8.8 Ford rear is well supported by tons of aftermarket offerings as it's been in use since at least 1986 on the first 5.0L (302) Mustangs. The center section is used in todays IFS Mustangs. Can be built to handle big HP and axle loads.

I for one would love to see a Torsen gen2
If no locker, I’d prefer a Truetrac. I’ve had 3 Mustangs with the 8.8.

I wasn’t sure if they’d go for a locker(s) and whether they only go locker in the rear like the Tacoma. (as far as I know about Tacomas)

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
C-clip eliminators have been common for quite some time. Strange, Moser, etc, etc, all build them. Not be shocked to see them on a new factory live axle as well.
Yeah...and that's one more thing you've got to upgrade. No business on something marketed as an "offroad" platform....but apparently they're using a D44 instead.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
No, the information that YOU are circulating is wrong. No one else was talking about the 8.8 in here or on the Bronco forums because Dana confirmed that information over 3 years ago. Maybe do the research before you post next time.
Settle down. I highly doubt it was done with any malice.

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am settled, spreading misinformation on two vehicles based on historical use and no facts is asinine, regardless if done with no ill intent.
It's the interwebz, bro. It happens. Nothing wrong with correcting bad info. You just seemed a little spun up about it based on your response to it.

But hey, I'm not your mom...so you can tell me to eat a bowl of dicks. :) No hard feelings on my end.

lumberjack357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
It's the interwebz, bro. It happens. Nothing wrong with correcting bad info. You just seemed a little spun up about it based on your response to it.

But hey, I'm not your mom...so you can tell me to eat a bowl of dicks. :) No hard feelings on my end.
I caught the dog shitting on the floor, so I wanted to rub his nose in it lol

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Settle down. I highly doubt it was done with any malice.
Correct, I was just re-posting the latest leaked info!

As I mentioned I have no malice against the D44 or the 8.8, I've run both of them with good luck, and have buddies who have exploded both.

I'm more passionate about the engine and really hope we get a 5.0L Coyote option at some point!

Gringostarr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Diesel Ocean Blue
Occupation
Architect
Correct, I was just re-posting the latest leaked info!

As I mentioned I have no malice against the D44 or the 8.8, I've run both of them with good luck, and have buddies who have exploded both.

I'm more passionate about the engine and really hope we get a 5.0L Coyote option at some point!
The Bronco will never get the 5.0 engine.

Base model will have the 2.3 and the Raptor will have the 2.7. It remains to be seen if the 2.7 will be an option on anything but the Raptor at this point but I would assume it will be.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.