Sponsored

Aftermarket goodies in Australia

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All,

Just checking in. I thought I would just ask what has everyone brought for their new toy in terms of aftermarket.

I see ARB has finally released some stuff. Otherwise as you mostly know there is not a lot of other Australian goodies at the moment just mostly overseas items.

I have seen the ARB Deluxe bar which looks good but it is dear; say compared to the Smittybilt XRC bar.

Do anyone know if we buy goodies from overseas are they okay to use in Australia ( our ADRs are tight) or could there be fines or insurance issues?

Anyway thanks for reading and enjoy your new toy - I know I do! I love the roof down.
Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Not everything's going to be ADR approved but it all depends on what you want to do. Best speak to Jeep experts like Bill at DoubleBlack or JeepKonnection. Don't know places in Sydney, sorry.

Aside from ADR compliance and possibly more importantly, best consult your insurer too. Keep them in the know about modifications you do just to be safe.

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
Not everything's going to be ADR approved but it all depends on what you want to do. Best speak to Jeep experts like Bill at DoubleBlack or JeepKonnection. Don't know places in Sydney, sorry.

Aside from ADR compliance and possibly more importantly, best consult your insurer too. Keep them in the know about modifications you do just to be safe.
I’ve just ordered my Rubicon. Wont be here for a few months yet but I have ordered the Rugged Ridge 13’ Antenna to replace the stock one. Thinking about getting the Rubber mats for the cargo area. I ordered the Jeep tow bar with the car.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I’ve just ordered my Rubicon. Wont be here for a few months yet but I have ordered the Rugged Ridge 13’ Antenna to replace the stock one. Thinking about getting the Rubber mats for the cargo area. I ordered the Jeep tow bar with the car.
I don't think there'll be any ADR issues with those, which is what the OP asked about but since you mentioned you ordered yours... if I've learned anything about Jeep vehicles, it's to buy one you can test drive off the lot. Since you have a GC I hope you know what you're doing :)

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
I don't think there'll be any ADR issues with those, which is what the OP asked about but since you mentioned you ordered yours... if I've learned anything about Jeep vehicles, it's to buy one you can test drive off the lot. Since you have a GC I hope you know what you're doing :)
Yep can appreciate that sentiment, seems like some people have had a rough time with Jeep. My GC I bought without test driving it as it was in a holding yard when I bought it and not on the dealer floor. I had that car for 5 years and sold it recently to buy and Audi SQ5. I had very few issues with the GC. The most notable was the alternator going after 5 years. They replaced it even though it was out of warranty. the leather wrap on the dashboard began separating from its backing and then forming a few bubbles. Jeep replaced it pretty quickly under warranty after about 2 years. Some people must have had a bad run with Jeep but I can say it was no worse than my Audi. That car has had just as many recalls and issues in under two years. I will be moving it on as soon as it’s out of warranty.

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
As for the rubber mats in the cargo area:
You can buy sheet rubber and cut it to size.
Make one for "back seats up" and another for "back seats down".

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Yep can appreciate that sentiment, seems like some people have had a rough time with Jeep. My GC I bought without test driving it as it was in a holding yard when I bought it and not on the dealer floor. I had that car for 5 years and sold it recently to buy and Audi SQ5. I had very few issues with the GC. The most notable was the alternator going after 5 years. They replaced it even though it was out of warranty. the leather wrap on the dashboard began separating from its backing and then forming a few bubbles. Jeep replaced it pretty quickly under warranty after about 2 years. Some people must have had a bad run with Jeep but I can say it was no worse than my Audi. That car has had just as many recalls and issues in under two years. I will be moving it on as soon as it’s out of warranty.
I rather avoid problems whenever possible. You're lucky if they fixed your issues out of warranty. My experience hasn't been the same with my last Wrangler.

Back to the OP's question...
Sponsored