OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU (2.0L Turbo)
Thanks, I'll look into it some more and let you know should we need a different car to test (other than our test car).
Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Because of my previous experience with Euro Compulsion in other vehicles, I had no choice but to let everyone know.....

Installed: Full write up coming very soon. Quick review says; after an afternoon of testing this is something one should get on order, I’m simply blown away by how much different the Jeep feels. For those who don’t know I’m running a 60/80 setup with 5:38’s turning 41x14.5 tires with full steel all the way around and below, before was okay but not great. Now I’m grinning ear to ear!

Last edited:
OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does this compare with the Burger JB4?
The JB4 seems like a solid item. It has the datalogging and app functionality which is very popular (our unit has bluetooth app control and map switching, but we are currently working on expanding it allowing for direct cloud access and datalogging capabilities).

However, when it comes to actual performance and unit capability, I believe ours is superior (for example, I don't believe their unit allows RPM sensor hookup for actual tuning or 3D axis mapping, just interception of CANbus rpm, if that option is even available for these cars, last I saw it was not for the Jeep, nor the Giulia). So the maps created are largely just moving the stock boost curve up and down, and don't allow for actual changes to the curve. We also offer the ability to make your own maps (actually using the tuning software we use to make adjustments).

We also offer direct methanol system integration and tuning (applies the same as the above, and you can customize it yourself as well). This is important because you have to be able to tune via RPMvLoadvBoost pressure on a 3D axis to really have an effective meth system. This will also be important further down the road with E85 mixtures. You cannot adjust much else other than boost with a piggyback for E85, but you can certainly shape the curve appropriately to be more advantageous with alternative fuels.

We also have spent considerable time dyno and road testing/logging on an actual Jeep we own to develop this mapping, versus carrying over information from a similar engine platform. We are continuing to do more as we develop additional modifications for the car.

Both are solid choices, just different in some respects. I believe customer support from both of our companies is solid as well.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
@VaitrixUSA Is the Booster ECU available to work with the 2.0L eTorque? Sorry if I missed it in the info.

-Steven

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@VaitrixUSA Is the Booster ECU available to work with the 2.0L eTorque? Sorry if I missed it in the info.

-Steven
Yes, it works amazing. I have a write up coming very soon. I’ve been a bit under the weather and haven’t had the time to really get out and finalize it.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Yes, it works amazing. I have a write up coming very soon. I’ve been a bit under the weather and haven’t had the time to really get out and finalize it.
Excellent news! Will be ordering a new Recon this spring.

I spent a day with two 2L eTorque's on the trails during Winter Jam and came away mighty impressed with this power plant. Keep the informative posts coming!

-Steven

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
@Rploaded, how long have you've been running the Booster ECU?

-Steven

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Steven,

About 3 weeks now. Zero complaints, it’s really fun to have power back considering my setup.
Thanks my friend. Are you documenting your build? I'd love to follow along.

Are you using the Stage 1?

-Steven

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The JB4 seems like a solid item. It has the datalogging and app functionality which is very popular (our unit has bluetooth app control and map switching, but we are currently working on expanding it allowing for direct cloud access and datalogging capabilities).

However, when it comes to actual performance and unit capability, I believe ours is superior (for example, I don't believe their unit allows RPM sensor hookup for actual tuning or 3D axis mapping, just interception of CANbus rpm, if that option is even available for these cars, last I saw it was not for the Jeep, nor the Giulia). So the maps created are largely just moving the stock boost curve up and down, and don't allow for actual changes to the curve. We also offer the ability to make your own maps (actually using the tuning software we use to make adjustments).

We also offer direct methanol system integration and tuning (applies the same as the above, and you can customize it yourself as well). This is important because you have to be able to tune via RPMvLoadvBoost pressure on a 3D axis to really have an effective meth system. This will also be important further down the road with E85 mixtures. You cannot adjust much else other than boost with a piggyback for E85, but you can certainly shape the curve appropriately to be more advantageous with alternative fuels.

We also have spent considerable time dyno and road testing/logging on an actual Jeep we own to develop this mapping, versus carrying over information from a similar engine platform. We are continuing to do more as we develop additional modifications for the car.

Both are solid choices, just different in some respects. I believe customer support from both of our companies is solid as well.
I can confirm the JB4 does have RPM access. Where I feel it’s a better solution is that it has full canbus integration which gives it much more data to use versus a simple piggyback.

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
As a piggyback, this is:

1) Undetectable by dealer, just unplug for service basically to return to stock? (i.e. warranty intact) I know it says this on your site, along with my next questions, but just confirming & curious as to how it is.

2) Plug & Play?

3) Preset tunes are good (looking at dyno, the numbers look pleasing)? The customer tuning option is cool, but I’m not trying to blow anything up... it’ll still be slow, I just want a lil more grunt for running 37s. Are the preset tunes safe? What do they change? boost, timing, etc. or does it just trick the car into running more boost & the car compensates by adjusting what needs to adjusted? What are the preset tune options? Also, no CEL guarantee on preset tunes? All I have is an S&B intake, so that will work with the tunes I assume?
Sponsored

Last edited: