First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
So I recently purchased a Kleinn on board air system. It comes with one pump and a tank and remote connection. It is capable of a a second pump. The question is, do I get the optional second pump for $370. This will be used primarily for filling tires. I have 35" on 17" wheels. I also have a Class A RV with large tires that I plan to use it to top off occasionally.
Sponsored

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Bringing this back from the dead it seems, but how did this set up work for you?
I am interested in the tank mounting specifically.
Thanks

OP
OP
AFfiredawg

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Great so far! I have hit it on rocks a few times and it shows but it has held up as well. Overall very satisfied with the air system, not so much with their horns....

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Great so far! I have hit it on rocks a few times and it shows but it has held up as well. Overall very satisfied with the air system, not so much with their horns....
Great to hear! Their website makes it look like the tank is mounted pretty close to both the Dshaft and the exhasut, any issues there? I have an AFE 3" Rockbasher exhaust although it follows the same general form, is there enough tolerance to account for slight differences in the exhaust positioning?

OP
OP
AFfiredawg

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Fighter
I believe so, Only issues I have had back in that area with clearance was with my metalcloak skids and the driveshaft.

Sponsored

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I believe so, Only issues I have had back in that area with clearance was with my metalcloak skids and the driveshaft.
What did you have to do to get it fit up? Does the driveshaft contact while wheeling?

OP
OP
AFfiredawg

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Fighter
it contacts the skid slightly when extreme wheeling...Only found it by looking at the driveshaft and seeing it...never felt or heard anything.

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I called them today, I’m going to put in a B stock tank and try to mount it similarly, and plumb it into the arb Im putting under the hood

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Return of the zombie thread! How did this work out for you?
I called and got the brackets from them with a B Stock tank. It came with all the hardware too. I havent decided how/if I'll modify the skid plate part, as its not necessary for just the tank (skid plate holds the Kleinn compressors). I also mounted my ARB under the hood and ran the air line to the tank, but I haven't wired the compressor yet, and I have a little work left on the air lines as i decide where to put the connectors for air hose etc.

I would work on it during quarantine but I chose to spend this WFH time at my girlfriends as we are normally about 950miles apart, and I left the Jeep haha. I will post up some pictures though when i get back to it.

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I called and got the brackets from them with a B Stock tank. It came with all the hardware too. I havent decided how/if I'll modify the skid plate part, as its not necessary for just the tank (skid plate holds the Kleinn compressors). I also mounted my ARB under the hood and ran the air line to the tank, but I haven't wired the compressor yet, and I have a little work left on the air lines as i decide where to put the connectors for air hose etc.

I would work on it during quarantine but I chose to spend this WFH time at my girlfriends as we are normally about 950miles apart, and I left the Jeep haha. I will post up some pictures though when i get back to it.
Thanks, sounds good! I wish you and your gf continued good health

Jack M

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Do you have an update? I'm in the process of a Kleinn package on my JL. I'm wondering where you mounted the aux air intake filter, gauge & switch and the fitting for airing up or whatever. I have the 4 aux switches and thinking I will wire up power tot he aux switch #1 and use #4 as a horn button. Any thought or comments will be appreciated thanks.

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to use the factory switch to run my compressor (no air horn - yet) and I had an air fitting under the hood. I also got one of these: Fuel Door Air Connection but its not installed yet. I'll include pics as I get it finished up.

Jack M

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
The fuel door air connector looks pretty clean. I think I'll go that route thanks.

Jack M

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I'm going to use the factory switch to run my compressor (no air horn - yet) and I had an air fitting under the hood. I also got one of these: Fuel Door Air Connection but its not installed yet. I'll include pics as I get it finished up.
Did the air fitting under the hood come stock? Where is it located?
Sponsored