Status
Not open for further replies.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Bingo.

Besides that, as I've stated before, the engines will force FCA to up their game as well
Exactly, competition is a great thing for the wrangler 4runner and Bronco. Expect more options, better pricing, and a choice that may suit your driving needs.

Same is true for Toyota, and others.

We want MOaaaR!
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Exactly, competition is a great thing for the wrangler 4runner and Bronco. Expect more options, better pricing, and a choice that may suit your driving needs.

Same is true for Toyota, and others.

We want MOaaaR!
Hey Toyota, the 90s called, they want their engines back!

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
But there are things the Bronco will be better suited for than the Rubicon. Rock crawling? Maybe not. Just about everything else? It'll do absolutely fine.
I'm sure it will be happier turning at high speed on bumpy roads, SFA can get very sketchy at times... but otherwise, the JL is fantastic at just about everything.

That being said, I totally plan to add a Bronco to my "stable" in the next couple years

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure it will be happier turning at high speed on bumpy roads, SFA can get very sketchy at times... but otherwise, the JL is fantastic at just about everything.

That being said, I totally plan to add a Bronco to my "stable" in the next couple years
Exactly, or both in my case

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I clearly said death shimmy not wobble, word games aside stock wranglers are having all kinds of issues from full on wobble, lock ups, wandering, shimmying, the super cheapo steering components are having large scale yield issues way before a normal wear out.

With 37s its expected you will have issues earlier than normal, but thats perfectly fine to expect some upgrades going up that many tire sizes (clearly stating thats not a knock on the design, regardless of if you have seen issues or not, a sample size of 1 is just that).

Wrangler's best card is its amazing aftermarket support, even if the Bronco is all that, it will be 1-2 years before it catches up. Extreme rock crawlers rarely stay stock, and will stay on Wrangler due to axle and aftermarket alone.

Bronco has a huge window to take alot of Sahara/4runner market, but I do agree with you Rubicon Rock crawling is safely a Wrangler thing, and thats great!
Wasn't a word game...was a sincere question. Never heard of death shimmy. Thought maybe you meant death wobble.

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I'd rock crawl my Rubicon more if there were any rocks to crawl short of driving 3 hours from my house to find even a semblance of them.Given the number of Rubicons I see in rock barren Houston, I'd say the percentage is very, very small.
I'd wager that's regional though. In my area...I see quite a few set up to crawl...and you can usually tell if they do by the rims. No scratches?....not crawling. Beat to shit? Crawling.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They have to at this point, they can't just rest on their laurels when again, the 90% who don't rock climb will see what the bronco offers and even after the newness wears off, they'll be drawn to it if Ford does it all right

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Most likely they will have a something baded off the Cherokee to compete. The JT already competes as a truck. If they compete
They have to at this point, they can't just rest on their laurels when again, the 90% who don't rock climb will see what the bronco offers and even after the newness wears off, they'll be drawn to it if Ford does it all right
I am betting something based on the grand cherokee

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Most likely they will have a something baded off the Cherokee to compete. The JT already competes as a truck. If they compete
I am betting something based on the grand cherokee
Now there is an interesting idea. We already have a SRT Grand Cherokee, years ago they tossed around an idea for an ORT Grand Cherokee. Maybe they will consider it again. A 6.4 Grand Cherokee with a desert capable suspension.

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
There will be something interesting from Jeep next week at the Chicago Auto Show. I can’t wait to see the reaction to it.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Now there is an interesting idea. We already have a SRT Grand Cherokee, years ago they tossed around an idea for an ORT Grand Cherokee. Maybe they will consider it again. A 6.4 Grand Cherokee with a desert capable suspension.
I thought they were bringing back the Wagoneer.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Posted this pic once before. This is it. Hope you like it.

Bronco.jpg
LOL...some artist doesn't know shit about vehicles. Centered front and rear solid axles. That tcase must be rotated something special, lol.....like a monster truck.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.