Sit down, folks. One of our members has posted what we’ve verified with our sources to be the actual 2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (click here to see both images)!
Based on both the front view and the rear structural view of the JLU’s frame, here are some of the changes we see compared to the current JKU Rubicon:
- Solid frame, fixed roll cage in roughly the same location as current sport bar
- Fully removable roof
- Fully removable doors
- Overall vehicle and windows/windshield appear taller above the belt line (more headroom and better visibility?)
- Turns signal on side mirrors which are attached higher on the doors (within new window moldings) than current JKU.
- Character line/belt line that runs the length of the car from A pillar to the rear
- New larger front bumper design which extends out further
- Fog lights location moved from middle of bumper to the edges
- Front fenders end higher and contain LED light strips
- Larger, more blunt/upright grille with kinked slats that bend slightly in the middle
- Headlights curve into the outer grille slats (matches the previously leaked grille exactly)
- Hood is slightly longer and appears to be less angular and with less forward rake than the current model
- Rubicon hood looks similar to the current one, with black vents flanking a center hump
- Hood latches position have moved forward slightly toward the edge of the hood
- Vent and boomerang styling detail on front quarter panels, immediately aft of the front fenders
- Fold down windshield with two side hinges instead of current center hinge (previously reported)
- Taller, more raked windshield appears to sit lower (closer to the hood) with flatter glass (compared to current convex windshield)
Take a look at the full list changes including front and rear full-cage views of the 2018 Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) Rubicon and let us know your thoughts!