Sponsored

Which trim level do you plan to purchase?

Which trim level do you plan to purchase?

• Sport

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • Sahara

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • Rubicon

Votes: 58 64.4%

• Total voters

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
What trim level are you planning on purchasing, what mods are you hoping to make and why are you going with that specification?

Personally, I'm shooting for a Rubi. I don't want to spend the money upgrading from a Sport to Rubi spec. but want the capability the latter comes equipped with from the factory. I plan on doing modest mods (tires, wheels, bumpers) and don't want to spend a crap-ton of money doing them. I don't plan on making this a dedicated trail rig, so no 40's, wide axles or anything like that. This will be a combination of DD and occasional explorations off the beaten path to do some camping, hiking and wildlife photography.
Sponsored

4X4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door Sport S 4X4, 1956 Jeep CJ5
Rubicon With all off roading options and i will mod it to use Sahara seats and power rear seats

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
Rubicon With all off roading options and i will mod it to use Sahara seats and power rear seats
I'm curious what the difference is in the seats?

Shumx2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
What trim level are you planning on purchasing, what mods are you hoping to make and why are you going with that specification?

Personally, I'm shooting for a Rubi. I don't want to spend the money upgrading from a Sport to Rubi spec. but want the capability the latter comes equipped with from the factory. I plan on doing modest mods (tires, wheels, bumpers) and don't want to spend a crap-ton of money doing them. I don't plan on making this a dedicated trail rig, so no 40's, wide axles or anything like that. This will be a combination of DD and occasional explorations off the beaten path to do some camping, hiking and wildlife photography.
A Rubi may be out of my budget so either a base Sahara (which should come with LED and larger screen) and I will try to do light mods on the cheap (tires, wheels, bumpers, fenders) or a more heavily optioned Sport. Pricing/options will be important in determining whether to do most of the work myself or go OEM. I may also wait until 2019 and see if I can pick up a used Sahara or even base Rubi (optimistic) depending on resale value and whether there are lots of first year issues.

I guess you can say I'm kind of all over the place and in wait and see mode lol.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like a Rubi with a base interior, but top of the line nav/radio. Mine will also likely be a 3.6 with a manual. I fear the cost of the diesel will be too high, and I don't want to wait to 2019.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
I am actually hoping for a sub-sport, designated for minimal off roading, more like a street/beach model, with a panoramic glass roof.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The special editions are the wild cards, but among the three I won't be able to afford anything other than Sport. The pricing has gotten stupid on Wrangler.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cal_JLU

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
it would make sense for Jeep to do the special editions again, since that lifts the overall sales of Wrangler. Consumers like choice and if Jeep is smart -seems that they are- they'll give them that power.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The special editions are the wild cards, but among the three I won't be able to afford anything other than Sport. The pricing has gotten stupid on Wrangler.
Thats for sure. The 3:73 gear Option has gone up to $695 , Air Conditioning, now $1300, Destination Charges now $1000.
Thats for the NE. Each option has gone up $100 + since 2015. I looked on the " Build " section of the Jeep website.
It would pay to take delivery at the Factory, and drive home. Road Trip !

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Thats for sure. The 3:73 gear Option has gone up to $695 , Air Conditioning, now $1300,
Who needs air conditioning in a Wrangler, go topless!

Destination Charges now $1000.
Thats for the NE. Each option has gone up $100 + since 2015. I looked on the " Build " section of the Jeep website.
It would pay to take delivery at the Factory, and drive home. Road Trip !
You still have to pay the same destination fee on all vehicles even if picked up at the plant or in Seattle, even workers at the plant have to pay the fee.
It's a standardized fee that is amortized/averaged out for all vehicles based on last year average cost per vehicle, this was setup long ago specifically so there is no disincentive for one dealer over another, and one region over another.
Sponsored