Sponsored

What's more important to you? Offroad or Open-air

Why do you choose the wrangler as your vehicle of choice?

• Offroading capabilities

Votes: 53 44.5%
  • Open air lifestyle

Votes: 66 55.5%

• Total voters

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I'd like to offer a third idea to the Jeep Wrangler's potential appeal, as seen in the JKU MOAB SAFARI concept:

"OPEN LIGHT" / "OPEN VISUALS"

It's akin to open air, but more safe for Safari, and great for sightseeing and roaming thru any setting, and being aware of high angle photo potential.

Imagine firing from the drivers seat over a Fold down windshield, in a Savannah or wide open grassland, and having the full visual advantage of being able to see a prized gamebird in flight above you, but with the safety of plexiglass panels that could be removed quickly if wanted.

Or just the mere luxury of seeing the full sky, in a hot desert, or in a rainstorm, from below UV/infrared/mirror tinted glass/lexan, which would block over 95% of heat.
1st world problems here dude. I like you imaginative spirit, but I would bet most people won't follow along with that vision.
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I'd like to offer a third idea to the Jeep Wrangler's potential appeal, as seen in the JKU MOAB SAFARI concept:

"OPEN LIGHT" / "OPEN VISUALS"

It's akin to open air, but more safe for Safari, and great for sightseeing and roaming thru any setting, and being aware of high angle photo potential.

Imagine firing from the drivers seat over a Fold down windshield, in a Savannah or wide open grassland, and having the full visual advantage of being able to see a prized gamebird in flight above you, but with the safety of plexiglass panels that could be removed quickly if wanted.

Or just the mere luxury of seeing the full sky, in a hot desert, or in a rainstorm, from below UV/infrared/mirror tinted glass/lexan, which would block over 95% of heat.
I always thought electrochromic tint on the roof would be awesome.

OP
OP

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
How about 360' windows and pano roof that is not only electrochromic tint, but also Photovoltaic tint? 2028 Wrangler ECO here we come slowpokes !
And to think, I joined this forum just for the spy shots. Now I am having to google crazy ass words like photovoltaic. Who knew? I am getting quite the education on this forum. Not as much education as I get when reading penthouse forum back in the day, but an education nonetheless.

JDMRN81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU, 2018 GC Altitude
Occupation
RN, doctoral student
Open air. I enjoy taking my doors off in the late spring and keeping them off until early fall in the northeast. My time is limited due to being in a doctorate program and also working, so my free time is spent shooting guns or golfing......off-roading is low on my "fun list".

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
OK Aventus, gotta give you one there. The airplane I'm working on getting certified has electrochromic tint, and it's bad ass! Would be awesome for a panoramic roof panel. With the doors off, and no quarter or rear glass!

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
How about 360' windows and pano roof that is not only electrochromic tint, but also Photovoltaic tint? 2028 Wrangler ECO here we come slowpokes !
You should really wait for the new Bronco to come out. I think its going to be more of what you want. Its going to be fixed roof with removable panels to give you the open air feel and I could totally see Ford giving you a full pano roof on that.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
OK Aventus, gotta give you one there. The airplane I'm working on getting certified has electrochromic tint, and it's bad ass! Would be awesome for a panoramic roof panel. With the doors off, and no quarter or rear glass!
I'm glad my incessant ranting and lambasting with my vision is finally starting to get some legs!

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
You should really wait for the new Bronco to come out. I think its going to be more of what you want. Its going to be fixed roof with removable panels to give you the open air feel and I could totally see Ford giving you a full pano roof on that.
would love an all white bronco with doors off, with an OJ themed vanity plate. Would really advertise that I'm a Polarizing figure.

Maybe a decal saying:
"NEVER SNIFFED THAT BLANCO...
... THAT'S WORD TO OJ'S BRONCO!"

OP
OP

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Aventus, A lot of the things you are interested in for the most part are not things important to me, but I wholeheartedly agree with you, there is a market for which you speak.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Maybe if you didn’t focus so much on tints, maybe... you wouldn’t be so... Polarizing. ;) :dance:

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
A lot of the things you are interested in for the most part are not things important to me, but I wholeheartedly agree with you, there is a market for which you speak.
FCA would be wise to consider all my segments expendable income. As well as generational converts to a brand image.

Will it be enough to damage the image and turn off the dinosaurs ? Doubt it. Not enough models to compete with Wrangler.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
FCA would be wise to consider all my segments expendable income. As well as generational converts to a brand image.

Will it be enough to damage the image and turn off the dinosaurs ? Doubt it. Not enough models to compete with Wrangler.
As we discussed before the challenge primarily remains limited capacity and strong demand, often much stronger than supply. The JK and thus JL is a Golden goose producing tons of gold, so they don’t want to mess with that.

However if they have excess capacity on the JT line, you might see more exploration of this market.

I know there are a lot of people more interested in seeing a new take on this line, than another mundane & repetitive Cherokee/Compass/Liberty/Patriot variant coming.

I think it would sell very well too.
Sponsored