Sponsored

What color do you want for your JL/JLU/JT?

toresen

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really hoping for the sunburn orange or similar. It'll match my Axial :D

Jeep Wrangler JL What color do you want for your JL/JLU/JT? {filename}

EDIT: second time lucky #IMAGEFAIL
Sponsored

Last edited:

Seumas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Commander Limited
Order of preference for both me and my wife would be:
  1. Anvil
  2. Army/Olive green
  3. Sahara Tan
I've seen Maximum Steel on other FCA products, and while I like the color, I'm not sure how it would look on a Wrangler...

Jku10A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU10A
Plus one more for that Hydro Pearl Blue. I bought the JKU10A in Anvil sight unseen hoping for a blue truck but it really is more of a Gray with a blueish tint in certain lighting.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Plus one more for that Hydro Pearl Blue. I bought the JKU10A in Anvil sight unseen hoping for a blue truck but it really is more of a Gray with a blueish tint in certain lighting.
These days, any color shouldn't really be "sight unseen" right? I mean a phone with google can get you pretty darn close in about 30 seconds.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
These days, any color shouldn't really be "sight unseen" right? I mean a phone with google can get you pretty darn close in about 30 seconds.
You'd think so, but white-balance is still a heck of a thing on those tiny apeture/sensor phone cameras. Even a fairly well photographed colur like Rhino, Seargent and Tank were all questionable until you see it in person. Photos from the Same autoshow with the same lighting were giving of different tinges.
Also, time of day/overcast/etc lighting can shift colours. Even in person ask someone to describe dozer and you'll get a bunch of reactions until you guide them with the knowledge of what to compare them to. And something like Black Forest Green is essentially un-photographable IMO.

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
You'd think so, but white-balance is still a heck of a thing on those tiny apeture/sensor phone cameras. Even a fairly well photographed colur like Rhino, Seargent and Tank were all questionable until you see it in person. Photos from the Same autoshow with the same lighting were giving of different tinges.
Also, time of day/overcast/etc lighting can shift colours. Even in person ask someone to describe dozer and you'll get a bunch of reactions until you guide them with the knowledge of what to compare them to. And something like Black Forest Green is essentially un-photographable IMO.
It's true that some colors can be tricky based on the things you listed above. But a google image search will generally show a collection of pictures that should give you a pretty good idea. Searching anvil and jeep does show some with a blueish tinge but overall it is shown more as a gray color. (Also, I've never seen a blue anvil anyway). I still agree with my original statement that a good search will get you close.

Jku10A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU10A
It's true that some colors can be tricky based on the things you listed above. But a google image search will generally show a collection of pictures that should give you a pretty good idea. Searching anvil and jeep does show some with a blueish tinge but overall it is shown more as a gray color. (Also, I've never seen a blue anvil anyway). I still agree with my original statement that a good search will get you close.
When I ordered my 10A in Anvil, this was the only photo available online and it was from a car show. I will tell you my Anvil looks nothing like this color. When I step up to the JL, I am looking forward to a brighter color.

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Going to get my JLU wrapped in a nice satin purple. Like a matte Vikings purple then black everything else out.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Yeah, I can see why you thought it was more of a blue color. I'm not sure what color I would like the most, but I do agree with something my buddies said to me "i think jeeps should be fun colors, because they are fun vehicles"

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly. That colour in the photo is closer to Winter Chill Blue from the 2012 Arctic edition than Anvil.

And usually when the order banks open on a new colour there isn't a lot of photos out there. Especially if like Baja and Sunset Orange they are late availability and haven't made an autoshow appearance yet.

Sponsored

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
When I ordered my 10A in Anvil, this was the only photo available online and it was from a car show. I will tell you my Anvil looks nothing like this color. When I step up to the JL, I am looking forward to a brighter color.

Wow is that photo mislabeled? Is it from Instagram? There must be some kind of filter or HDR on it. I've never seen an Anvil photo look so bright blue/teal.

bobgong

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'85 CJ7, '92 ZJ, 2K WJ, '20JLU

Hey, what? There was a Jeep in that picture? I didn't notice...

Jeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Exactly. That colour in the photo is closer to Winter Chill Blue from the 2012 Arctic edition than Anvil.

And usually when the order banks open on a new colour there isn't a lot of photos out there. Especially if like Baja and Sunset Orange they are late availability and haven't made an autoshow appearance yet.

Love my winter chill jeep. You don't see them everyday.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love my winter chill jeep. You don't see them everyday.
Yep, pretty rare edition, and they are nice. I almost got the JK in Chill for our cottage Wrangler, but it was more for all the cool Yeti trim, and it was only about 2.5 yrs after I got the 2010, so I was TOLD to "grow up". :crying:

I satisfied myself with the Arctic edition tyre cover for my Rubicon daily driver, which I then transfered to my 2015 Aspen-X Winter Edition.

Afterwards I was trying to see if I could swap out the instrument cluster on the Rubi because I noticed when testing it and driving a friend's Arctic edt in Polar White that the guages are SOoo much more visible to me with the roof off and at dusk & dawn.
Also, c'mon the Yeti's yellow eyes lighting up is cool whether you're 5 or 95. However you can't buy just the inserts, you have to buy the whole unit for about $500.

I was super bummed my 2015 winter edition JKU I got didn't get the same instrument cluster treatment the previous Arctic and Polar editions had. :(
Sponsored