Sponsored

Verified: 2018 Wrangler JL/JLU Will Get 3 Screen Sizes

MotorCityJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock, 2015 200S AWD
Uggg. And with that, Jeep just convinced me to buy a JK. Dang I was really liking the JL too. But I refuse to buy anything with a touch screen. I hate that garbage. Just give me easy to use knobs to adjust my climate control. Why does it have to be so complicated. This is the 2nd sale that Chrysler has lost from me due to this touch screen garbage. I almost purchased a Dodge Journey a couple years ago. But one drive trying to figure out that touch screen and I was convinced I will never own a vehicle that used a touch screen to operate simple functions like climate control. Oh well, the Nissan Pathfinder I purchased instead is an amazing vehicle. Maybe I'll see what the new Ford Bronco brings. Hopefully Ford will keep things simple and basic.
Better plan on no more new vehicles in the near future. Those screens, as the price continues to drop, become much cheaper and less complicated than the mechanical switching.
Sponsored

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

fgvj4mgtz28enu2cfphx.gif

I really hope the JL/JT gets something like this but geared towards trail/off-road use.

This is the infotainment from the 2018 Jeep Trackhawk that was announced at NYAS this week.
Here's the still screens showing all the different modes in the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Uconnect. Pretty awesome stuff if they adapt this for the Wrangler.

Wheel articulation, approach angle, climb angle, etc. would be awesome to see for our purposes. What else am I missing?

2018_jeep_grand_cherokee_trackhawk_40_1600x1200.jpg
2018_jeep_grand_cherokee_trackhawk_41_1600x1200.jpg
2018_jeep_grand_cherokee_trackhawk_42_1600x1200.jpg
2018_jeep_grand_cherokee_trackhawk_43_1600x1200.jpg
2018_jeep_grand_cherokee_trackhawk_44_1600x1200.jpg
2018_jeep_grand_cherokee_trackhawk_45_1600x1200.jpg
2018_jeep_grand_cherokee_trackhawk_46_1600x1200.jpg
2018_jeep_grand_cherokee_trackhawk_47_1600x1200.jpg

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Doubt the Wrangler will get Performance Pages, but the Trailhawk versions of the GC, Cherokee, and Renegade already include Off-Road Pages which will likely carry over into the Wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler JL Verified: 2018 Wrangler JL/JLU Will Get 3 Screen Sizes {filename}

Sponsored

JBlackoutK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon
Dramatically different than the WK. I wouldn't be surprised if a spy shot showed up one of these days...
Does it look dramatically different than the JK or just relocated vents and larger center stack?

granite

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 feedom unlimited
Am i indeed the only one here,who does not want it to be a all included "infotainment" system .It will set us audiophile type people at least a year of ownership to work around the all included features like adding a " real sub" or drastically improved amplifacation

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Yes, you're the minority, just like the JK.
But that's normal, people at the extremes, be it for suspension or audio mods, are in the minority.

The Alpine upgrade is a solid unit on the JK, and yes the base audio is weak. However, it is good enough for listening to the radio or 128kbps music or podcasts that the average 'muggle' tend to do, which is an afront to audiophiles everywhere, but that's the way of the world HD audio came too late and the industry killed DAT and didn't support DVDA/SACD, so the baseline quality for content and delivery has dropped.

For an open top vehicle with sound insulation issues it's not worth adding more as stock, because nothing with please the 'audiophiles'.

So, they can do what they've always done, and just rip out the cheapest base unit, which will still be offered, and then crow about how awesome their new tuned, mapped & balanced system and isolated/insulated cabin is over the crap factory one.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The INFORMATION that tells how/what Vehicle Systems are doing is great - everything from system voltage, fluid temps, can't have too much information.
Radio ?? Don't use it, don't care. This is a vehicle to DRIVE ; listen to it, feel, hear the road, it's a tactile and auditory Experience.
If I want to "drive" in a silent zero-feedback , audio-distracted state, then an Automated vehicle is the "answer".
Old School ? Absolutely, and proud of it. DRIVE, or be Driven. Choice, or Chance

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
Because you are the minority - most buyers want a touch screen.

This has been a long time coming, screens continue to drop in price and move down market. Even without mandated backup monitors, this would of happened sooner or later.

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
Here's the still screens showing all the different modes in the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Uconnect. Pretty awesome stuff if they adapt this for the Wrangler.

Wheel articulation, approach angle, climb angle, etc. would be awesome to see for our purposes. What else am I missing?

Jeep Wrangler JL Verified: 2018 Wrangler JL/JLU Will Get 3 Screen Sizes {filename}
I LOVE that it shows oil pressure and temp. Even charts this over time! This is a great feature, particularly for very long overland journeys, engine brake-in and engine monitoring.

Last edited:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I LOVE that it shows oil pressure and temp. Even charts this over time! This is a great feature, particularly for very long overland journeys, engine brake-in and engine monitoring.
Yep, additionally important when crawling down hill in 4Lo using the engine & transmission to keep speed in check without burning the brakes to the ground or for towing up hill, keeping an eye on engine and transmission temps is very important. Having it built-in will be nice versus using up the OBDII port and using an app like Torque on an old phone/tablet to monitor both accurately simultaneously.

You can use the analogue guage for engine and EVIC for transmission temp OR oil pressure now, but it would be nice to have all three in one spot along with ambient temp which you lose if monitoring engine/trans/oil on the EVIC.
Sponsored