Sponsored

Trail rail management (ideas)...

Taimaishu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Seeing the "trail rail management" is showing as an INTERIOR option I am thinking it will be like a cargo slide and rack system.. who's with me??

Jeep Wrangler JL Trail rail management (ideas)... {filename}

Sponsored

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I see it being either this, or a vehicle kitted with cameras/interior software to manage approach/break/departure angles as well as other off road details. Could go either way, but "rail" throws my theory off lol.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I'd like to see that one, but the term confused me a lot at first.

After having time to think about it since it was revealed, I think it's more basic and modular IMO. Kinda like the roof setups on some vehicles, where things slid and click into place to support other structures.

But I'd like to see something similar to the last photo included at least , so as to keep prying eyes from getting ideas about cutting the sof-top.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I'd like to see that one, but the term confused me a lot at first.

After having time to think about it since it was revealed, I think it's more basic and modular IMO. Kinda like the roof setups on some vehicles, where things slid and click into place to support other structures.

But I'd like to see something similar to the last photo included at least , so as to keep prying eyes from getting ideas about cutting the sof-top.
I think you are right. The solid frame / fixed roll cage lends itself to more robust roof rack setups.

OP
OP

Taimaishu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, I didn't mean it was on roof, but that the implementation would have clickable & movable attachment points, etc. But still it could be, just less likely, however, it would be similar to suv rails with moving cleats/attachement points.

Something that involved actual rails to manage add on pieces including trays , baskets/boxes, or accessories connectivity (fridge, compressor, etc) and provide tie-down points for securing bungee cords etc. I envision something like that mounted on the ledge where body and hard/soft-top meet.

Similar to a track/cleat system inside a truck bed (examples from each mfr at the bottom of the page in link below);

https://www.realtruck.com/pickup-truck-guides/what-is-a-utility-track-system/

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I didn't mean it was on roof, but that the implementation would have clickable & movable attachment points, etc.
Yea thats my guess is its adjustable anchor points for securing cargo. Anyone that been on a trail with gear in the back for their JK can contest it never ends up where you first put it.

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
Something that involved actual rails to manage add on pieces including trays , baskets/boxes, or accessories connectivity (fridge, compressor, etc) and provide tie-down points for securing bungee cords etc. I envision something like that mounted on the ledge where body and hard/soft-top meet.
That's my guess, only I think it'll be in the floor, not the body sides. If it's on the ledge where the top meets the body then it would run behind the rollbar. Which would be OK if all you were really trying to do is provide cargo strap/net tie-downs, similar to how they're using on truck beds.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Just had another thought...... which I'm thinking its even more likely:

Its going to be some type of display that works with the gauge cluster/ radio display that gives vehicle information based on the positioning of the vehicle. Similar to what Ford has going on in the Raptor.

Maybe even offer additional cameras mounted on bumpers to see clearances.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well if it's a Uconnect feature, then it would be like their current Off-Road pages screens on the Grand Cherokee & Cherokee TrailHawks as discussed in the Uconnect thread.

I doubt they'd change the name of that to Trail RAIL Management System just for the Wrangler.
Also, what does RAIL imply/mean in that case?

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Well if it's a Uconnect feature, then it would be like their current Off-Road pages screens on the Grand Cherokee & Cherokee TrailHawks as discussed in the Uconnect thread.

I doubt they'd change the name of that to Trail RAIL Management System just for the Wrangler.
Also, what does RAIL imply/mean in that case?
Opps totally missed the rail part. I'm dyslexic so when reading I sometimes miss things.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Opps totally missed the rail part. I'm dyslexic so when reading I sometimes miss things.
No worries, when the Admin posted the feature list initially, I missed that it was an 'interior option' and thought it was like the electric self-hiding rock-rail/steps on pickups.

Of course the power button for that feature could be an 'interior option'. :blush:

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
On my wife's '14 Cherokee it had a metal rail that you could detach on the side of the cargo area. You could stash small items behind it and there were hooks for grocery bags. It would be nice if they made one for the JL with attachments for holding trail equipment.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I can say with zero certainty that it'll without a doubt 100% be aircraft cargo rails embedded in the floor to be a trail-rated tie down system, except that I really don't know for sure. ;)

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Well, isn't that special.

Sponsored