Sponsored

Surprised There Are Not More Leaks

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
With it now being December and Detroit Autoshow basically one month away from today. I'm surprised there hasn't been more leaks or more details released. This is making me worry with will have to wait till NYAS
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I just posted a thread about this but it could be because of this article - http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...eep-chief-lays-plan-keep-sales-roll/93999698/

Unfortunately even the NY auto show is still first half 2017. Maybe they are deciding whether to do a separate non autoshow event just for the reveal?
Yea it looks like we might of posted these around the same time. Its really a bummer if we have to wait 6 months or more to see the JL as that seems excessively long. I'm surprised they don't want to build up more hype and gauge demand like Ford did with the Raptor. Its not like waiting a few months will keep competitors from having an advantage. Only thing that makes sense to me is they dont want to stop people from buying 2017 JKs

F1Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ
Yea it looks like we might of posted these around the same time. Its really a bummer if we have to wait 6 months or more to see the JL as that seems excessively long. I'm surprised they don't want to build up more hype and gauge demand like Ford did with the Raptor. Its not like waiting a few months will keep competitors from having an advantage. Only thing that makes sense to me is they dont want to stop people from buying 2017 JKs
Yup and 2018 JKs. There's still a lot of JK sales they are after and besides a small group of us that are following every bit of info/rumor most of the general public has no idea they are even working on a new Wrangler.

SWinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler JK
Still plenty of time to build up hype and gauge demand since reveal probably won't come until second half 2017. To start publicizing an all new Wrangler too early might hurt their JK sales which still has months (if not more than a year) to go. At least that's what I might be thinking if I was a Jeep marketing exec.

There's already been several leaks as covered on this site and there's guaranteed to be more once we get closer to reveal. I'm looking most forward to the specs of the new engines, especially that turbo 4 cylinder Hurricane.
Sponsored