Sponsored

Staying or getting off the bandwagon?

Where is your temperature on the JL as of now?

• I want a JL, no doubt!

Votes: 98 52.1%
  • I probably will get a JL, but still holding out for more details

Votes: 68 36.2%
  • I'm starting to consider a JK, or another vehicle altogether

Votes: 16 8.5%
  • I don't want a JL anymore

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters

eztarget

First Name
Ez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Sahara
Well I just pulled the trigger on this 2017 Sahara, which at $27,574 is almost loaded.

http://www.dulleschryslerdodgejeep....Leesburg-85d6a7740a0e0ae757ee4a82fc9e7d0e.htm

I think the only things it doesn't have are leather seats, bigger axle ratio, Trac-Lok rear, towing and premium sound. All things I can live without for that price. The deal was just too good to pass up and wait for a JL. I can always put better speakers and an amp in myself.

You can't even touch a used JK for this price in most cases. I'm going to miss my old 1997 Wrangler it has served me well for 21 years but it was time to move into the 21st century! :)
Sponsored

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
Nice buy EZ. The only two things I couldn't do without would be the max tow and hard top. At that price though it's one h. e. double hockey sticks of a steal buddy. Have a great time in your new :jk: and remember to wave.

eztarget

First Name
Ez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Sahara
Nice buy EZ. The only two things I couldn't do without would be the max tow and hard top. At that price though it's one h. e. double hockey sticks of a steal buddy. Have a great time in your new :jk: and remember to wave.
Been waving since 1988, pisses me off when youngsters don't. :)

I figured I'm going to have a tow hitch put on locally right before I have the bottom rust coated (Ithaca winters are brutal).

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Well I just pulled the trigger on this 2017 Sahara, which at $27,574 is almost loaded.
Nice! I've seen Sports with less features cost more. You did dun gud!

Uscolt45

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Renegade
What does it cost to do the rust coating roughly? I’ll be moving to a cold climate soon and am looking at getting a JL.

Sponsored

eztarget

First Name
Ez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Sahara
<-- That's my 1997 Wrangler.

What does it cost to do the rust coating roughly? I’ll be moving to a cold climate soon and am looking at getting a JL.
I'll tell you next week, after I get it done. The rust underneath is what eventually killed by 1997 Wrangler. The motor and everything still runs solid.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Only things that turn me off are the continued miserable towing rating and the price tag. A mid size, body on frame 4x4 is not an expensive vehicle to build, yet the MSRP on them is getting insane. They have now surpassed full size trucks when you consider rebates, and full size trucks are FAR more capable in every category except hard core trail use.

So for now, I'm on the fence.

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Only things that turn me off are the continued miserable towing rating and the price tag. A mid size, body on frame 4x4 is not an expensive vehicle to build, yet the MSRP on them is getting insane. They have now surpassed full size trucks when you consider rebates, and full size trucks are FAR more capable in every category except hard core trail use.

So for now, I'm on the fence.
unless you consider the open air aspects of a wrangler a category. I don't think any full size trucks are beating the wrangler in that. And as the poll I put up showed, about a 50/50 split on the forums here as to what matters more to people when it comes to why they love their wrangler so much.

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
So I am sitting here and decided to do some browsing while waiting on some stuff for work. I finally found a 2018 JKU on the lot at a stealership that has a window sticker uploaded. NONE of the few on the lot has them uploaded and I have looked at multiple states now, really weird. Anywhos, the main reason for my post is that the Rubicon that I was looking at had the 4.10 gears standard on the 2018 JKU. I came across it because I was just curious about the back up camera debacle, I mean debate, in another string.

Man, this is making it so much harder for me to decide which way to go...

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
So I am sitting here and decided to do some browsing while waiting on some stuff for work. I finally found a 2018 JKU on the lot at a stealership that has a window sticker uploaded. NONE of the few on the lot has them uploaded and I have looked at multiple states now, really weird. Anywhos, the main reason for my post is that the Rubicon that I was looking at had the 4.10 gears standard on the 2018 JKU. I came across it because I was just curious about the back up camera debacle, I mean debate, in another string.

Man, this is making it so much harder for me to decide which way to go...

Disregard. My dumb behind skipped over it. It stayed the same as last year and they swapped them out. Sorry for the over excitement on my part. :(

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I like what I've seen thus far minus the weird renderings of the interior in the User Guide w/ the small screen and whack taupe colors -- atrocious. Doubt it will really look like that. What I really want is a JLU Rubicon with body color top and body color fenders. Exterior color preferences are either the dark gun metal color available right now, white, green (dark -- i.e., army color), or purple (i know, wtf), with khaki/black dashboard and khaki seats. I.e., Sahara feel inside.

I think either way though, I will end up trading it in once the diesel is out. So probably will go for a '18 JLU Rubicon, and trade up on refresh, so likely '22 JLU Rubicon. I figure I can swap all my mods over and trade her in stock.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I like what I've seen thus far minus the weird renderings of the interior in the User Guide w/ the small screen and whack taupe colors -- atrocious. Doubt it will really look like that.
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I actually like how the dash resembles the early JK design before they changed it in 2011. I liked the simplicity and rugged utilitarian feel of it. The issue was the horrendous material quality of the plastic. Just sneezing on it would scratch the damn thing. The current JK interior is a vast improvement, but the smooth and rounded shapes never quite flowed right with the Wrangler's body. This one definitely suits it better.

And that tiny screen is obviously the base model stereo unit. The full UConnect RA4 unit will look nice there. I really wish they would've put it in the JK.

The shots of the dash from the manuals are obviously 3D renderings, but I'm wondering if the beige color is actually going to be produced or if it's just like that to represent the various JL models and features in the most generic manner. All the spy shots we've seen have shown it in black. I'd like to see a two-tone version. The upper area being black and the lower being that off-gold color looked fantastic in the JK. That combo in a diesel might be enough to make me eat my words about keeping my JK.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
unless you consider the open air aspects of a wrangler a category. I don't think any full size trucks are beating the wrangler in that. And as the poll I put up showed, about a 50/50 split on the forums here as to what matters more to people when it comes to why they love their wrangler so much.
That's true, but the F-150s and others can be bought with 6 power sliding windows including a glass roof, which makes the open air feeling come alive. And there's no fabric top to screw around with or panels to remove. So I consider it a wash.

I wish they would offer a new model JL and JLU, maybe bring back the "X" trim level, and keep the price under $30K. Give it power windows and locks and A/C and no other serious options. The stuff guys really need. If they'd offer that, I guarantee they'd sell them like hot cakes.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
That's true, but the F-150s and others can be bought with 6 power sliding windows including a glass roof, which makes the open air feeling come alive. And there's no fabric top to screw around with or panels to remove. So I consider it a wash.

I wish they would offer a new model JL and JLU, maybe bring back the "X" trim level, and keep the price under $30K. Give it power windows and locks and A/C and no other serious options. The stuff guys really need. If they'd offer that, I guarantee they'd sell them like hot cakes.
They already sale like hotcakes

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

F150 and Wrangler a wash in open air feeling? Uhh, ok. Sure. I think I'll let that statement stand on its own merit.
Sponsored