Sponsored

Spied 2-Door JL Wranglers, Hard & Soft Tops

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Certainly looks like something is going on there. I'm still not 100% sure though. Is this the best view we have gotten with spyshots?
I agree, which is why I say it's still kinda like reading tea leaves, just the fact hat that 'square hole' thingy apears at two different angles implies/alludes that something is going on there.

I haven't seen any photos recently that cover that section, most are directly from the side or the rear. There were some front JT shots but the area was blocked by the wheel.

Would be nice to have the spies target that area for future photos.
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyways, what up with the soft-top's roof being angled down where it meets the top of the windshield? It looks very similar to the roof on the 60's Land Rovers.
Current premium soft-top also angles down. It may also be additionaly rounded if that is added camo on top of the one, as the one looks like the same canvas as the premium and the other looks like the same material as the camo on the rear.

The part that really jumps out is the side pieces near the windowsill like an additional gutter, and it seems to go slightly past the windshield line. This isn't on the current soft top, but could be additional camo, etc.

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0581.JPG

Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Subaru Forester, Toyota Prado, soon JL Wrangler?
Does the wheelbase look longer, or is it just my imagination?

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Does the wheelbase look longer, or is it just my imagination?
The wheelbase is probably stretched compared to the JK. The new 8-speed AT is supposed to be longer.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Certainly looks like something is going on there. I'm still not 100% sure though. Is this the best view we have gotten with spyshots?
Looks like the recent spy photos show a bit more. Unfortunately the shade of the fuelling station/bay don't offer great detail, but it does look like there may be the bottom of a rectangular channel there, unfortunatrly due to the poor lighting it's still like reading tea leaves in a darkened cup.

Jeep Wrangler JL Spied 2-Door JL Wranglers, Hard & Soft Tops {filename}

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I think Rubicon is not there.
Here is just one difference, including the addition of frames as shown in the picture

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I think Rubicon is not there.
Here is just one difference, including the addition of frames as shown in the picture

Good catch. That's a Base model rear view mirror vs a Rubi rear view mirror mount. Rubi is on the right. You can tell by the wheels.

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
I think Jeep is adding a new trim level to the existing three (Sport, Sahara, Rubicon). The "Rubicon" in these photos has KM2s and a slight height increase over the JL next to it. There have been other mules testing with KO2s and much taller lifts with a more aggressive stance. Possibly a Trailhawk model?

tmc11

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Silverado 1500, Future JLU Owner
Occupation
Engineer
I think Jeep is adding a new trim level to the existing three (Sport, Sahara, Rubicon). The "Rubicon" in these photos has KM2s and a slight height increase over the JL next to it. There have been other mules testing with KO2s and much taller lifts with a more aggressive stance. Possibly a Trailhawk model?
It's probably a limited edition model not a full trim level

Sponsored

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
For all we know there won't be any special edition 2018 JL's. There will probably be a major 2018 JK final edition and with a slow JL ramp up in production maybe not. Oh who am I kidding this is Jeep we're talking about here :cwl:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For all we know there won't be any special edition 2018 JL's. There will probably be a major 2018 JK final edition and with a slow JL ramp up in production maybe not. Oh who am I kidding this is Jeep we're talking about here :cwl:
There will definitely be Special Edition JLs.. FCA isn't about to leave that money on the table. They sell like crazy regardless of how many 'special' editions' there are that don't make them so 'special'.

I can almost guarantee a patriotic "ra-RA-sumpin-Sumpin" edition and then some 'Remember-our-Heritage' edition, along with of course the more regular variants like the Willys and HardRock/Recon. There is definitely not going to be just a basic offering because it's their first year, it's just not FCA's style, you don't go cold turkey on offering the 'specials'.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
There will definitely be Special Edition JLs.. FCA isn't about to leave that money on the table. They sell like crazy regardless of how many 'special' editions' there are that don't make them so 'special'.

I can almost guarantee a patriotic "ra-RA-sumpin-Sumpin" edition and then some 'Remember-our-Heritage' edition, along with of course the more regular variants like the Willys and HardRock/Recon. There is definitely not going to be just a basic offering because it's their first year, it's just not FCA's style, you don't go cold turkey on offering the 'specials'.
$pecial$...

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Looks like the recent spy photos show a bit more. Unfortunately the shade of the fuelling station/bay don't offer great detail, but it does look like there may be the bottom of a rectangular channel there, unfortunatrly due to the poor lighting it's still like reading tea leaves in a darkened cup.

Here you go - enhanced to reveal what's in the shadow

Sponsored