First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
A question for discussion

Jeep Wrangler JL Some important questions {filename}

Do we expect front and rear suspension systems to have changed in the JL?
Do we expect there to be a Devrans 44 developer in the front and a Dan 60 in the rear?

The last question for discussion Is this video related to the above?

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Maybe i'm missing something, but I fail to see what the video you attached has to do with anything you wrote in your post.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Jeep hasn't "overbuilt" a vehicle since the Wagoneer, so don't expect Dana 60's on a stock Wrangler.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Rear suspension setup seems to have significantly changed in the JT not JL, although sofar almost all the test mules appear to have D44 axles (likely another derivation beyond that in the Recon) save for the one D30 spied. Speaking of which the Sport/Sahara is also supposed to get a similar axle update.
There is supposed to be some change in the JL's suspension setup to allow for larger stock lifts, but that's not a change in the axle from D44 to D60, more the way it's attached, and the way the driveline is setup to allow for greater changes in geometry before needing 3rd party parts.

However, as Spank mentions, the D60 is over the top for the JL, and as much as it's more capable, it's also heavier and more expensive. It might make sense for the JT, but not the JL for the masses, especially when the aftermarket can take care of the less than 1% of the market who need a D60 in place of a D44 or gusseted & retubed D44.

Now adding a D60 as a build sheet option would be great all around IMO, but I'll expect that checkbox to appear about the same time, and right under the checkbox for the factory-installed Hemi option.

OP
OP
Ahmed

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Hello
Thank you for your interaction, I am sorry for the delay

Maybe i'm missing something, but I fail to see what the video you attached has to do with anything you wrote in your post.
Maybe I could not get my idea to you, but the four-wheel drive systems vary from company to company, I'll explain it with a few pictures

Here is a picture of the suspension systems in a company from the front

This is JK from the front

One company from behind

Here is Wrangler from behind

JK is doing in the sand as is evident in the previous video and here is another picture similar to the previous video and I do not know what the real reason for this

One company

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
because they didn't air down their tires enough?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
That Recon is experiencing wheel hop in the sand, which is easy to do when accelerating hard. That can happen to any vehicle, and it has more to do with specific conditions than the design, in my opinion. My pickup truck has done that, and it has an independent front suspension.

OP
OP
Ahmed

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
because they didn't air down their tires enough?
I do not think so, maybe it's related to the front suspension .. The improvements have probably been made big on the new JL.

I have previously published pictures of the obvious differences regarding the suspension between JL and JK from the front and Rear.
Sponsored

Last edited: