Sponsored

So my Jeep dealership just called me and said I can order a JLU now..

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I went by my local Jeep dealership for the first time yesterday (Florence, Ky) inquiring about the JL and the sales guy pretty much had little to no knowledge of the JL and was like yes, we can order it now and blah blah. I sit down with him (knowing he can't order the JLU) and after looking, he's like oh, you are right.. It's the JK. I meet the dealership owner and he gets my information and said he'd call as he hears more information. Today, the same sales guy calls and is like "Hey Isaac, my boss says we can order the JLU now. I couldn't order it because it doesn't show up on the civilan computer but he can order it since he's the boss. When can you come?" I told him I'd come one day next week because I didn't feel like driving up there for there to be a error of miscommunication. Do you think I should go up there today and just see what they've discovered or are we pretty confident they are confusing the 2018 JK with the JL?
Sponsored

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
I went by my local Jeep dealership for the first time yesterday (Florence, Ky) inquiring about the JL and the sales guy pretty much had little to no knowledge of the JL and was like yes, we can order it now and blah blah. I sit down with him (knowing he can't order the JLU) and after looking, he's like oh, you are right.. It's the JK. I meet the dealership owner and he gets my information and said he'd call as he hears more information. Today, the same sales guy calls and is like "Hey Isaac, my boss says we can order the JLU now. I couldn't order it because it doesn't show up on the civilan computer but he can order it since he's the boss. When can you come?" I told him I'd come one day next week because I didn't feel like driving up there for there to be a error of miscommunication. Do you think I should go up there today and just see what they've discovered or are we pretty confident they are confusing the 2018 JK with the JL?
Have him shoot you a screen grab of the order screen showing the JLU info on it to confirm!

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
Ask about engine options - if there is a 2.0 or 3.0 engine, you know it's a JL and it'll be worth the drive.

Be sure to report back! We're all craving information!!!!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 99% certain he's wrong, and they're trying to get you there to sell you a JK.

Now, if they are a key dealer, the owner may just want to have the first guy in line, so I could see them writing up an order on paper, and submitting to his rep. But you still won't know all available options until the official order window opens.

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
So I just left my dealership, they were mistaken..It was the 2018 JK. But they said it's a big meeting tomorrow and if it's anything JL related, they'll let me know.

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
They're going to take a deposit for when it comes out, period

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
So I just left my dealership, they were mistaken..It was the 2018 JK. But they said it's a big meeting tomorrow and if it's anything JL related, they'll let me know.
Did you bust their bells for wasting your time?

treeb52

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
DO NOT order grab handles, gray paint, liners for the hard top, or door sills. ASK him what items other are on the restricted list. If he says he doesn't know, he is full of BS. I KNOW those things ARE. ANY restricted item will delay your order.

kj11

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport Altitude
DO NOT order grab handles, gray paint, liners for the hard top, or door sills. ASK him what items other are on the restricted list. If he says he doesn't know, he is full of BS. I KNOW those things ARE. ANY restricted item will delay your order.
If this dude's still waiting since 2017 I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my order right now

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Dude, stop with the necro threads good grief lol.

Sponsored

travis_cooper

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude
If it’s restricted, then they won’t even be able to place the order with it. So no need to panic. This does make me curious though, if head liners are restricted, does that mean Sahara Altitudes can’t be ordered? Because that is standard with the SA.

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
Seeing how you "KNOW", did you know you are responding to a post from August 2017?

Are you ok?

KevinC
Sponsored