Sponsored

So, here is my question -- Size of JL / JLU?

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
I take everything I read on the interwebs with a 50 pound rock of pink Himalayan salt. I do like the discussions but lets try and not get to evil ok? I like my electronic friends. Just remember, no :beer::beer: and :jk: or else you will see :stop:.
Sponsored

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
My source said for JL +2” total length, no wheelbase length change but about a 1.5” widening of the track and body , for JKU +7.5” total.
Oh interesting! So, perhaps ~5.5" more interior length for cargo in the JLU? That little bit will be a big help for camp stove, fridge etc.

Also, looking at the Ursa Minor top, that should give a longer mattress between 1" and 3", after the window rake is taken into account.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
And 2" taller. Probably due to the added lift to fit 35s well from the factory.
I am praying for this! :please: As for the other dimensions....both 4" width and 9" length seem way too much. Sure cars are getting bigger due to safety requirements but those #s seem drastic. We'll see soon enough... :ontheloo:

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I must of missed it, but can someone show me where it says we can fit 35's stock?
I think people are guessing since Rubicons are coming with standard 33s. Looks like plenty of fender clearance.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I think people are guessing since Rubicons are coming with standard 33s. Looks like plenty of fender clearance.
Yep. And apparently the front bumper sides come off too.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I must of missed it, but can someone show me where it says we can fit 35's stock?
Can't remember where on here, but it was an official statement that the JL Rubicon would have clearance for 35s without a single mod. :rock:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Can't remember where on here, but it was an official statement that the JL Rubicon would have clearance for 35s without a single mod. :rock:
Yep! Fenders are more hi-line now, and bumper sides come off... should make for 35's no problem. Believe the JL sits a bit taller now as well.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
FCA mentioned 35s even with the Recon update in last year’s official press release;
http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18119&mid=

IIR, Manley re-affirmed this about the JL in an interview earlier this year when talking about keeping the JL not only as capable but improvements to the suspension.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
FCA mentioned 35s even with the Recon update in last year’s official press release;
http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18119&mid=

IIR, Manley re-affirmed this about the JL in an interview earlier this year when talking about keeping the JL not only as capable but improvements to the suspension.
It sounds like the new JLUR should handle 35" tires on stock wheels with no problems. Would be awesome if the next Recon simply came with 35" (33" from most sources) but will not be surprised if dealerships offered it with 35s.

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
I thought I saw a post from the leaked owners manual where the back bumper end caps came off also? Not positive but I thought so.
Sponsored