Renderings: New Jeep Wrangler JLU Brought to Life

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
But I thought the front fender was supposed to connect to the front bumper everything I was led to believe was there will be no space between the fender and a bumper. My dealer rep saw it at a jeep convention and wasn't allowed to take picture their phones were confiscated but I'm going to ask him if there was a space between the front fender and a bumper
Sponsored

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

But I thought the front fender was supposed to connect to the front bumper everything I was led to believe was there will be no space between the fender and a bumper. My dealer rep saw it at a jeep convention and wasn't allowed to take picture their phones were confiscated but I'm going to ask him if there was a space between the front fender and a bumper
That was the speculation/rumor but the recent spy pics also show the fenders don't even come close to the bumper.

Jeep Wrangler JL Renderings: New Jeep Wrangler JLU Brought to Life {filename}

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Man I liked that idea. Especially this...

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
Man I liked that idea. Especially this...
That closed fender makes it look like one of the other Jeep models IMO.

But the Jeep below can't be mistaken for anything but a Wrangler. And with the gap between fender and bumper getting even larger it looks even more aggressive than ever. Love everything about how this thing looks so far and hope the JT carries the design forward even more.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Amazing... just need that diesel!

Any ideas or speculation on the new dash layout?

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
To be honest it really don't look that different. But still nice.

Work

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Willys Wheeler Granite Crystal
I wonder what it'd look like with the black plastic hardtop. Also I'm not sure if I'd like it or not but I look forward to seeing the upper half of the doors vinyl coated or something in black. I'm sure people are going to do it.

fmjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 1500, '16 Charger R/T, '13 Commando JK
+3 on updating JT renderings. Must see!

OHldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Bronco, 2013 Ford Flex, Former JK owner

One question because it is not obvious from this color choice. Will the frame be metal colored? body colored? Or will there be a black "cover" on it to resemble the sport bar?

Sponsored

Jku10A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU10A
Are those Halo style LEDs wishful thinking or has that been confirmed? I know LED headlights are confirmed but did not know about the Halo styling.

DaveFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ
Okay I know they are renderings but take a good look at the Changes and No offense but it's for the worse. Renderings actually don't show the top is removable, But again that's a guess. Although Jeep has said they are going to be using a lot of aluminum and a full hard top might be required to strengthen the Jeep much like the reason we never saw a removable top on the FJ cruiser. Then we see renderings with a topless model. Okay so again these are what we expect based on spy photos etc. Here is the basic reason I hate the new JL. Blinkers in the side view mirror, one more possible problem for damage or failure if your removing the doors. DRL's on the fenders and Blinkers on the fenders. Well JL welcome to the world of the TJ/YJ if your going to go with a fender delete of after market fender clearance you loose the blinkers you had in the grill, and what effect are the DRL's on the fenders do the have on the front lights which also appear to have a DRL Halo more and more common. Unless of course the DRL Halo has a switchback effect to blink amber as a turning signal. I don't see anything to like about the JL so far I see a lot of stuff that I dislike. Unless of course your going to be buying for standard driving mall crawling. The loss of a fully open air experience with the JK full side doors, the JL repeats. Since the models now have power windows and they did it with the Chief Concept why not have a fully retractable window and window frame? I see more luxury and less utility on it further pushing the Wrangler farther away from it's original goal and Freedom. I hope these renderings are wrong. The wife keeps wanting me to buy her a 4 door JK or JL, I'm telling her to wait as I more hopeful for a Grand Wagoner in the future. I have way too many Jeeps as it is, I just can't understand that with the retro vibe all over the place why The redesign didn't really look at going to a more retro style. All I can say is I hope the concept renderings are 100% wrong in a lot of places. I guess we will wait and see.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Okay I know they are renderings but take a good look at the Changes and No offense but it's for the worse. Renderings actually don't show the top is removable, But again that's a guess. Although Jeep has said they are going to be using a lot of aluminum and a full hard top might be required to strengthen the Jeep much like the reason we never saw a removable top on the FJ cruiser. Then we see renderings with a topless model. Okay so again these are what we expect based on spy photos etc. Here is the basic reason I hate the new JL. Blinkers in the side view mirror, one more possible problem for damage or failure if your removing the doors. DRL's on the fenders and Blinkers on the fenders. Well JL welcome to the world of the TJ/YJ if your going to go with a fender delete of after market fender clearance you loose the blinkers you had in the grill, and what effect are the DRL's on the fenders do the have on the front lights which also appear to have a DRL Halo more and more common. Unless of course the DRL Halo has a switchback effect to blink amber as a turning signal. I don't see anything to like about the JL so far I see a lot of stuff that I dislike. Unless of course your going to be buying for standard driving mall crawling. The loss of a fully open air experience with the JK full side doors, the JL repeats. Since the models now have power windows and they did it with the Chief Concept why not have a fully retractable window and window frame? I see more luxury and less utility on it further pushing the Wrangler farther away from it's original goal and Freedom. I hope these renderings are wrong. The wife keeps wanting me to buy her a 4 door JK or JL, I'm telling her to wait as I more hopeful for a Grand Wagoner in the future. I have way too many Jeeps as it is, I just can't understand that with the retro vibe all over the place why The redesign didn't really look at going to a more retro style. All I can say is I hope the concept renderings are 100% wrong in a lot of places. I guess we will wait and see.

You sound really grumpy here. Good idea to wait and see. I just wish FCA would hurry TF up and reveal this bad boy!

I differ from you pretty much 100%. Looks pretty retro to me. The commitment by FCA to retain the heritage, while focusing on economy and fixing some nagging issues from the JK all seem spot on. As a design engineer and veritable dork, I've thought a lot about what I'd do for this model refresh, and they've hit all of them so far. The biggest complaint I have will be the price, as I'm sure it'll be $50k+ for a JLUR with all the trimmings I want. And I will stubbornly hold out for the diesel. Plus hope for a manual tranny, but won't hold my breath...

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
That's probably a likelihood in Europe where (correct me if I'm wrong) that huge gap isn't allowed for some hokey pedestrian safety reasons and what not.
Sponsored