No Hi-line fenders for me please - lift instead

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So I hear with hi-line fenders on a rubicon, we can run 35s without a lift. I think I would prefer regular fenders and a 2.5" lift instead as ground clearance is more important to me.

I'm wondering if a 2.5" lift running 35s and hi-line fenders will look more like a rollerskate? Your thoughts?
Sponsored

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
A lift alone doesn't gain you ground clearance (if we're talking axles). Only larger tires. But you're going to throw 35s regardless, so I don't see why you'd want the lift.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I could see still wanting a lift with the JLU because the break-over is not great in stock condition from what I understand. Not so much of an issue for the JL. I want as low as possible, yet still clear 37s.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A lift alone doesn't gain you ground clearance (if we're talking axles). Only larger tires. But you're going to throw 35s regardless, so I don't see why you'd want the lift.
There's more to ground clearance than just axles.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I could see still wanting a lift with the JLU because the break-over is not great in stock condition from what I understand. Not so much of an issue for the JL. I want as low as possible, yet still clear 37s.
I guess the JL would be fine compared to the JLU however there is still the issue of bumper clearance that a lift will improve. Even your sliders will thank you.

Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Exactly! Im not a fan of unnecessary height (usually with trucks) and just want more clearance. Im good with 35s since I take long road trips but would def go 37 or 40 if Jeep was just a toy. The high line is a good option but not for everyone.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well for me, I'm currently running 33s with a 2.5" RockCrawler Max Travel kit on my JKU. My JLUR is going to run 35s and I would prefer that my bumper clearance and undercarage is going to be 1" higher from what I have now as I scrape too much as is. So I guess we will see if a lift is needed or not.
Sponsored