Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

JTs-JK

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GC and 2016 JKU sport
Hey everyone
New here; I'm from upstate NY and currently live in FL. Have owned a 06 TJ, 07 JK, and have a 16 JKU and 15 grand now. Looking forward to upgrading to the JLU.
Jim
Sponsored

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
Hello folks. Just joined. I'm new to Jeeps. I've always liked them but haven't owned one. Looking to take the plunge on a JL. Not sure I'll end up with a first year model or not. I've been trolling the JK forum for a few months now, putting together a list of desired mods for my build. I'm looking forward to doing some wrenching and building something sweet. I'm in Minnesota so the wheeling opportunities are pretty sparse. I'd like to get out West and hit some real off road obstacles - maybe get a badge of honor or two along the way.

Pete

Swartz2017

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango, 2016 Cherokee 75th
Hi all! Long time lurker, getting impatient about a JLU reveal as its killing me to decide to "rebuy" my '13 JKU Sahara or wait for a JLU.
Have been spoiled by the 8.4" screen in my 75th and the wife's D, but saving some cash (for those NEEDED mods, ya know) would be nice, so I'm on the fence.
Thanks for welcoming members and thus far I haven't seen some of the bickering I've had on prior JK forums, so that's nice.

Be Crawlin You

First Name
Jasper Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jk Highly modified
hello everyone.. 2014 highly modified JK owner.. just waiting to see what is going on with the new Jeep before buying a new 2017 4dr Ribi or wait for 2018.

AM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Jeep
Hello, came here to discuss JL development and more. Have always loved the TJ and JK, so I am really curious about the evolutionary JL and have been following its development since 2012-13, before info on it became more mainstream.

Really pissed at FCA for dragging their feet on this one, as it's over 1 year behind (should've been a '17 model in late 2016) and is running too late for me to consider as one of my next vehicles.

Sponsored

Dallas23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi all,

My name is Trenton - looking forward to the JL release and purchasing my first Jeep. If anyone has any dealer recommendations in the OK / DFW area would certainly appreciate an insight. Thanks!

Hotplate51

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys
Hey Jeepers, I'm Paul, and I am obsessing over the JL. Can't stop searching and reading threads. The JL will be my fourth Wrangler, but I traded in my 2013 JKU 10th Anniversary Rubi two years ago for a BMW 535i. Love the BMW, but the Jeep keeps calling me back! I am like a kid waiting for Christmas. Can't wait to learn more about the 2.0L Hurricane Turbo engine. Can't wait see the modular hard top and automatic soft top. Can't wait to test drive the 8 speed tranny and decide if this is the first Wrangler I buy with an automatic. Can't wait to see the packages and colors they roll out. I'm going to have insomnia making these decisions before ordering!

Hotplate51

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys
Hello all,
Dan Here from Michigan. I feel like this is an AA meeting but I too am waiting for the JLs release. Having owned 2 JKs in the past I think I know what im getting into. Sold my last JKUR after getting a company car for a few years. I have a shitty Land Rover now and am somewhat torn between a JL and a Ford Raptor. Being around Detroit I run into engineers from time to time with testing cars. The diesel I ran into a couple weeks ago sure looks promising.
P1010448.JPG
Had tons of fun wtih this.
This is a JA meeting -- Jeepaholics Anonymous!

Hotplate51

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys
Hey everyone,
I've had Wranglers off and on (5 of them) since 1996, and love everything I've seen so far about the 18's. My last two were a silver 08 JKU and 10 JKU, which I bought only because I saw the Mango Tango color and needed to have it. :) I kept the 2010 until last May, when I felt I needed a change and moved on to a 2017 Audi A4. But, since then, whenever someone asks how I like the car, I tell them it's great, but I really miss the Jeep. So, when I started hearing about the new model and seeing some info popping up on this site, I've decided that I will be back in a Wrangler. I would love to wait for the JT, but don't know if I'll be able to hold out that long.

Keep up the great work on this site and I'm looking forward to seeing it grow over over time!
I have almost the same story! Bought a '97 TJ Sport in 1996, then an '07 JKU Sahara, then a '13 JKU 10th Anniversary Rubi. Sold the Rubi for my BMW 535i, but every time I see a Jeep with the top down, I am reminded how much I loved my pervious Wranglers!

OP
OP
RobNY

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
Lots of new members lately! Welcome all! :beer:

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Patience young Padawan.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm dying to see this thing as much or more than anyone out there! :cwl::cwl::cwl:

:jk:

Njsoulis

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Prius
Hello everyone:

My name is Nic, I am new to this forum. I currently own a 2016 Prius (don't laugh, it gets great gas mileage!). I have owned three (3) Jeeps in the past, 1988 YJ, 2006 Grand Cherokee and 2007 JKU. For various reasons, I sold them all, but I am again getting the Jeep fever. I require a bigger vehicle now that I have a 4 month old baby girl and the amount of gear she seems to need continues to grow (most probably spoiled).

I look forward to communicating with each of you as the new JL gets closer to release.

en2dirt

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
Hi All,

I'm in the So Cal area and have a 2009 JKU Rubicon that I have enhanced over the years. It was my daily driver until a couple of years ago when I purchased my Ram Rebel 4x4. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the new JL. I did happen to see one in all it's wrapping on the freeway a few weeks ago. I can't wait until the LA Auto Show to check it out. I may even trade the Rebel in for one so I can have a daily driver Jeep and one I can beat the crap out of on the trails. :like:

Randy

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Hello,

I'm a long time follower first time poster here. I'm from the Cleveland area and have been a fan of the Jeep brand all my life. I have two older brothers and all three of us owned a Jeep as our first car. (2000 Cherokee, 2002 Liberty, and a 2006 Liberty.) All three of us wanted the Wrangler but our father was against it due to the "roll over" issues and it only being 2 doors at the time. When I graduated college I moved out to Phoenix and still had the itch to own a Wrangler. I scoured Craigslist for months and finally found the perfect one! It was an 08 Rubicon with only 12k miles on it. It was an absolute steal. I will say this... 2 doors are perfect for a young single professional! They are so much fun to drive. I started to mod it out and was just about to do a big lift on it when I got a call from back home. I was offered a career change that I couldn't pass up so I took it. I now have a company car (2015 Ford Explorer) and sold my Rubicon. Financially it didn't make sense to keep it. The good news is I was able to sell it for the same price I bought it for even though I had added 12K miles to it since! The bad news is I still miss it to this day. :crying: Can't tell you guys just how excited I am for the new model to come out. I might not be getting a new car anytime soon but I have a girlfriend who is looking. You better believe that I am pulling out all the stops to have her buy a 4 door JL :like:.

With that said.... happy to introduce myself and excited to be a part of such a great fan forum!

-Bradley
Sponsored