Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

jnr0104

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon, 2008 JKU Sport, 2004 TJ Sport
Occupation
Rancher
Owned and driven Jeeps since 1975 when I bought my first CJ5. ON number 12 right now, and still own #s 10 and 11, 2014 JKU Rubicon, 2008 JKU Sport, 2004 TJ. Thinking about getting a 2018, but jury is still out on it ,til I see more info on the changes they are making.
Sponsored

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
Welcome people!! It's good to see it become so busy here, news was slow for a bit. Also nice seeing so many current (and soon to be) Jeepsters. I think they've hit the mark so far. Now let's get on with the reveal already!! :headbang:

DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner 4x4, Mazda B2500
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings from California! I have been browsing these forums for the past few months and finally decided to become a member. I've never owned a Jeep but as soon as those order banks open up I'm making my order for a base model JLU Sport. I currently own a 1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 and a 99' Mazda B2500. I am extremely excited to finally add a Jeep :jk: to the family.

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Welcome to JLWF! Btw can we get that Jeep emoticon added? edit - nvm I see it! :jk::rock:

kboonekj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Rubicon
Hey everyone,
I am on my 9th Jeep now (XJ, 3 KJs, TJ, WK, and 2 WK2s, and one bad period of owning a Saab 95...) I have always been obsessed with Jeeps. I think I was in 3rd or 4th grade doing a "career" type assignment and said I wanted to be an engineer and drive a "rag top Jeep" when I grow up. Fast forward 15 years and I am an electrical engineer and finally own a Wrangler with a "ragtop" (Trektop);).
I had a '12 WK2 in college and wanted to buy something new right after I graduated so I jumped the gun and bought a '16 75th anniversary WK2. I loved it, dont get me wrong, but it just wasnt the vehicle I needed being single and 25. I really wanted a JKU. I had it for about 8 months and got a call from the salesman that sold it to me saying that they wanted to buy it back. I went in on a whim just to see what he would offer and drove out with my '17 JKU Rubicon. I was lucky and walked out of that lease and into the JKU for a steal.
I love my Jeep right now, and planned on paying it off and keeping it as a secondary vehicle afterwards, but the '18 remodel is really enticing. I would never ever buy the first year of a new model but maybe in a couple years I hope to either trade in or buy then new JL.

Sponsored

JayO

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 JL Sport S, 2015 RR Sport
Hey everyone,
I've had Wranglers off and on (5 of them) since 1996, and love everything I've seen so far about the 18's. My last two were a silver 08 JKU and 10 JKU, which I bought only because I saw the Mango Tango color and needed to have it. :) I kept the 2010 until last May, when I felt I needed a change and moved on to a 2017 Audi A4. But, since then, whenever someone asks how I like the car, I tell them it's great, but I really miss the Jeep. So, when I started hearing about the new model and seeing some info popping up on this site, I've decided that I will be back in a Wrangler. I would love to wait for the JT, but don't know if I'll be able to hold out that long.

Keep up the great work on this site and I'm looking forward to seeing it grow over over time!

Cap'nMike

First Name
Cap'n Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, JKUWW
Long time F150 Supercrew owner and Mustang guy.
Waiting on the wife's car to be paid off, then it's my turn for a new vehicle.
The outrageous price of a nicely equipped replacement Ford Crew cab pickup got me looking around at other options and the Jeep Unlimited has grown on me to the point I'm leaning that way come January 2019.

Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone. Like everyone else here. I'm excited. Jeep nerds unite.

GOBOGIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ with 301k and counting - Energizer Bunny
Been lurking - may as well introduce myself.

I'm a current '07 (FJ) owner with 255k on it. Bought it new in 6/06. Absolutely love it but due to circumstances need a 4 door utilitarian vehicle. I live in Michigan and my driveway is 1/2 mile to my home to the road, so winters are rough and if I plan on paying my mortgage, a 4x4 is a must, even with my tractor and plow.

Who doesn't love the Wrangler so I've been watching the internet about the new model coming out and the changes rumored to come. My FJ runs like a champ and I don't plan on selling it, but again I'm needing a 4 door that will basically do what my FJ does.

Have heard rumors about the Bronco and am anxious to see what Ford has to offer... we will see. Until then I'm going to continue to set my sights on a new Unlimited

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Get a Rubi and it will do things even the wonderful FJ can't dream of doing. In terms of 4x4 capability, I doubt the new JL will do anything the JK can't. I'll find out, because I'm keeping my 08 Rubi and will have a new 2018 or 19 Rubi sitting along side it.

You'd like the visibility MUCH better out of the Jeep, too. Especially in the summer, if you take the top off. It's even better with the doors off.

Sponsored

GOBOGIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get a Rubi and it will do things even the wonderful FJ can't dream of doing. In terms of 4x4 capability, I doubt the new JL will do anything the JK can't. I'll find out, because I'm keeping my 08 Rubi and will have a new 2018 or 19 Rubi sitting along side it.

You'd like the visibility MUCH better out of the Jeep, too. Especially in the summer, if you take the top off. It's even better with the doors off.
Thanks for the feedback Dan. You are right about visibility! The FJ has huge blind spots that I've had to get use to. Not sure if I need a Rubi lol - as much as I would like it. I don't off road for the most part and will use it more for utility. I have several acres and cut wood and need something to haul my trailer/tractor and wood. At this point I'm leaning towards a Sahara because of the creature comforts as I drive a ton for work and will be using it for work as well.

It will be nice to have the option of heated seats, mirrors and steering wheel in these brutal Michigan winters. The FJ didn't offer these

Socceref

First Name
Ref
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara (loaded)
Long time Jeep fan with a bad case of JLust. Almost bought a JKU Sport. I am looking for Bluetooth for phone and audio, reverse cam, and a healthy aftermarket community. I do ref soccer (football), hike, and backpack. My JLU will get dirty!

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Agreed-- I owned an FJ for seven years until I traded it on a JKU Sport last year. There are some motorcyclists out there that probably have me marked for death due to those tiny rear windows on the FJ! And I don't miss the suicide doors, either ;). Although the FJ had a lot of positives, like rock-solid reliability, good power, stout construction, and cool looks, the Wrangler just has a fun factor that the FJ could never match, and I think that's why it's here to stay and the FJ is no more.

GOBOGIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed-- I owned an FJ for seven years until I traded it on a JKU Sport last year. There are some motorcyclists out there that probably have me marked for death due to those tiny rear windows on the FJ! And I don't miss the suicide doors, either ;). Although the FJ had a lot of positives, like rock-solid reliability, good power, stout construction, and cool looks, the Wrangler just has a fun factor that the FJ could never match, and I think that's why it's here to stay and the FJ is no more.
Nice to get a former FJ owner's perspective. I was test driving new Jeeps when the FJ came out and decided on the FJ because of the "fun factor" rather than practicality. Don't get me wrong I love this thing to death and as I said earlier I'll more than likely keep it, but the lack of options when order, blind spots and the suicide doors (as you mentioned) are definite downsides to the FJ. I just hate all black interiors as a good portion of my driving is on dirt roads and the dust gets to be a bit much after while and that's the only option in the FJ.

Looking forward to seeing pricing info as someone mentioned earlier

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Nice to get a former FJ owner's perspective. I was test driving new Jeeps when the FJ came out and decided on the FJ because of the "fun factor" rather than practicality. Don't get me wrong I love this thing to death and as I said earlier I'll more than likely keep it, but the lack of options when order, blind spots and the suicide doors (as you mentioned) are definite downsides to the FJ. I just hate all black interiors as a good portion of my driving is on dirt roads and the dust gets to be a bit much after while and that's the only option in the FJ.

Looking forward to seeing pricing info as someone mentioned earlier
Yeah, you wouldn't need the Rubi. The non-Rubi power train is exellent, as is. That will save you some major money, for sure!
Sponsored