Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Hello, my name is Nate. I had a 99 Wrangler Sport, but got rid of her when I moved to Europe. Obviously I had to get something to hang on the autobahn and went with an Audi. I lived overseas for 15 years and am now back in the Wrangler game. I'm trying my best to stay away from the dealership and hold off for the JLU. I'm hoping for an 18 Rubi HR but not holding my breath they will do the HR on the JL. I'm looking forward to reading all the updates.
Hold tight. Info should be coming in just a few months I'm guessing. Specs are bound to get leaked. Pricing is the last thing that we'll find out - at reveal.
Sponsored

LordEgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Currently jeepless but have had CJ, TJ, JKU and JK rubicon over the years. Serious about off road just jeepless due to circumstances. Looking to return in future. Miss jeeping and the community of jeepers. Always interested in what jeep is upto. Can't wait to see JL

DropTopGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA: 2018 JL Wrangler, 2017 GS Corvette
Vehicle Showcase
I hope you Jeep guys welcome gals here?

Hubby and I are from the sport car world (Corvette and Porsche) and for a change (mid-life thing), we want to switch it up some and get a Jeep. We were ready to buy a new 2017 JK. As any prudent buyer, we did some online research and learned about the upcoming JL. Long story short, now we have to patiently wait until the JL is available. Ouch!

The main reason I want a JL over a JK is the removable roof / rear window panel feature. I / we intend on doing A LOT of complete top down driving at the beach and it seems that the soft top on the JK is just to much of a hassle to constantly deal with. If Jeep makes the removable panels as easy to remove and put back on like my 2017 GS Corvette roof, it would be a huge benefit to me.

I'm not worried about having a first year of a new model release. A decade or more ago, I would have been, but today, the parts are often already well tested in other makes / models and with computer testing, cars / trucks seem far more reliable even in the first model year.

Southeast Florida here...
Yes, I'll be "one of those" gals who drive along the beach in my bad azz Jeep with big tires, top fully down, radio playing and wearing a bikini and short shorts. Actually, we already have located off road trails to drive here in South Florida, so doing 4x4 is going to be a lot of fun!

Oh, I just want to say that it is so cool that Jeep has a following similar to the enthusiasm that Corvette has.

SWinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler JK
Welcome to the site droptopgal! You found the right place for everything JL. The JL roof sounds like it's shaping up to offer more roof types and more convenient to use than the JK - from removable panel top to a power soft top.

Medicn8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Chevy Equinox
Occupation
USAF
Hello, my name is Nate. I had a 99 Wrangler Sport, but got rid of her when I moved to Europe. Obviously I had to get something to hang on the autobahn and went with an Audi. I lived overseas for 15 years and am now back in the Wrangler game. I'm trying my best to stay away from the dealership and hold off for the JLU. I'm hoping for an 18 Rubi HR but not holding my breath they will do the HR on the JL. I'm looking forward to reading all the updates.
Okay, I take back the 18 Rubi JLU HR and now want an 18 JLU Recon. I will not go to the dealership in a month to look at a Recon, I will not go to the dealership in a month to look at a Recon, I will not go to the dealership in a month and look at a Recon! Must stay away!!

Sponsored

JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hello from another new member. Home is Colorado but the wife and I are overseas for work until Jan '18. Here's a live shot of me patiently waiting for the JT.

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! {filename}

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
Hello from another new member. Home is Colorado but the wife and I are overseas for work until Jan '18. Here's a live shot of me patiently waiting for the JT.
Welcome to JLWF. Glad to see a fellow Coloradan.

That's great timing. You should be returning stateside right around when the first JL Wranglers arrive at dealers! Whereabouts in the world are you guys?

JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Welcome to JLWF. Glad to see a fellow Coloradan.

That's great timing. You should be returning stateside right around when the first JL Wranglers arrive at dealers! Whereabouts in the world are you guys?
Thanks! We are in Kathmandu, Nepal. My wife works in international development and got a dream position running an access to finance project here. I was fortunate to also land some IT work on the same project. I wish our timing worked out so that the JT would be coming out right about then. My dilemma is going to be what to get for the year-ish before it comes out.

Pete01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Good Day All,

Names Peter and like all of you good folks am waiting for the JL to come out. Looking to order a JLUR when it all happens. Heres a picture of my JKUR with AEV gear. I hope to share and learn from you guys. Nothing like being part of a Jeep Family.......

Sport11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Good Day All,

Names Peter and like all of you good folks am waiting for the JL to come out. Looking to order a JLUR when it all happens. Heres a picture of my JKUR with AEV gear. I hope to share and learn from you guys. Nothing like being part of a Jeep Family.......

Welcome @Pete01. Looks like you use your JLUR properly! :) Always been jealous of how much open rugged terrain you guys have down under. 10,000 square miles of desert populated by only 3% of the population. That's what I call a playground and perfect for overland trips.

Sponsored

AZJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Greetings All,
I'm Jim, Been a Jeep owner since 1997. Current ride is an '02 WJ that I ordered new and have had for a little over 15 years. Been waiting for the new Wranglers
so I can replace it with a JLU. Will wait till the 2019s as we're looking at moving next year. IF I can be patient that long.

Jim

Jrsartori977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
New here from Massachusetts, been lurking for a little while. Cannot wait for the new JL's ! Currently own a '15 jk with a Teraflex 2.5" lift.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ElevatedOffRoad.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 Door
Occupation
Owner of Elevated Off Road
Hey guys Joe from Elevated Off Road you may already know us from other forums, Social media sites or hopefully your getting your Jeep parts from us. Glad to be on here i'm pretty excited for the next Wrangler I'm loving all the spy shots and renderings for the JL. Our current Jeep is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 door.

Thanks
Joe